Renting out an empty property can be a great way to earn an income, but it definitely comes with a number of risks that may end up costing you both time and money. Landlord insurance is there to make sure that your property, and any possessions you put in the property, are protected.
Endsleigh offers a wide coverage of landlord insurance policies, meaning that your needs will more than likely be met by one of its policies.
So, check out our guide to find out if Endsleigh Landlord Insurance has the policy for you.
Endsleigh Landlord Insurance
- 24hr claims service.
- Over 25 years' experience in the landlord market. 4* Defaqto rating.
- Up to £5 million property owners’ liability to cover you against compensation costs relating to third party injury.
- Ensure your buildings, fixtures and fittings are covered.
Who is Endsleigh?
Endsleigh was created in 1965 by NUS to offer affordable and tailored insurance for students. It has since broadened its products to provide for professionals, commercial and business customers.
Endsleigh aims to provide affordable protection for the things that matter most to its customers.
What are my cover options with Endsleigh Landlord Insurance?
Endsleigh offers a wide variety of landlord insurances to meet your needs. They are listed below with a selection of their features.
Residential landlord insurance
Renting out your property can sometimes be stressful, but with a residential insurance policy, all of your furniture and fixtures will be protected. So, no matter who your tenants might be, your possessions and property are safely covered. This policy’s features include:
- Cover for up to four properties on one policy.
- Save 15% when you buy online.
- You can shape your cover to fit your needs.
Commercial property insurance
Do you have an empty property that you want to lease for business use? A shop, or maybe a restaurant? Well, it’s still important for you to have landlord insurance for your commercial property. This policy features:
- Cover in case your property is unoccupied.
- Commercial legal cover.
- Cover for a large range of tenants, from restaurants to offices.
Landlords portfolio insurance
Do you have a mix of residential and commercial properties that need insuring? Or do you have a single property that has both commercial and residential functions? With Endsleigh, you can get them all insured on one policy. This policy includes:
- Insurance for five or more properties on a single policy.
- You can insure a mixture of property types.
- Flexible change for the future.
Block of flats insurance
If you own a block of flats and are wanting to rent them out to tenants, you can insure them all on a single insurance policy. This policy features:
- Policies specifically designed for flats and apartments.
- You can put single or multiple properties on one policy.
- A UK based specialist property team to help you with your policy and any of your needs.
Non-standard landlord insurance
Do you have a holiday home that you need to insure? Or maybe a property that has a non-standard construction? You can get all your cover needs met with this policy. This policy includes:
- Cover if your property has no occupants.
- Cover for non-standard and specialist properties.
- Policies to shape and suit your needs.
Rent guarantee insurance
Sometimes the unavoidable happens and your tenants are unable to pay their rent, which means you’re out of pocket. However, with this policy, you will be covered if your tenants fall behind with their payments. This policy includes:
- Cover for a 6 or 12 month period.
- Legal expenses cover if your tenants can’t meet their rental commitments so you don’t lose your income.
- Two levels of cover are available.
What is covered under my policy?
|Malicious damage caused by tenants||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Property owners’ liability||Up to £5,000,000||Up to £10,000,000||Up to £10,000,000||–|
|Loss of rent||✔️||–||✔️||–|
|Damage from subsidence||✔️||–||–||–|
|Alternative accommodation for tenants||–||–||✔️||✔️|
|Replacement keys and locks after theft||✔️||✔️||✔️||–|
|Contents cover for items you provide for your tenants||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Occupier’s liability cover||Up to £2,000,000||–||–||–|
|Theft of items from garden or outbuildings||✔️||–||–||–|
|Damage to contents from water leakage||✔️||–||–||–|
|Accidental damage cover||Optional||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Home emergency cover||Optional||–||Optional||Optional|
|Legal expenses cover||Optional||✔️||Optional||Optional|
|Employers’ liability insurance||–||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Extended legal expenses cover||–||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Engineering and inspection cover||–||Optional||Optional||Optional|
Cover for non-standard property types includes:
- Holiday homes
- Thatched and high net-worth homes
- Unoccupied properties
- Non-standard construction
- Non-standard use
- Properties affected by subsidence, landslip, heave or flood
Optional extras include:
- Home emergency cover for heating, drainage and sewerage
- Rent guarantee
- Extended legal expenses cover
- Terrorism cover
- Engineering and inspection cover
Rent guarantee policy includes:
|Recovery of rent arrears||A maximum of 5 months||A maximum of 5 months on a 6 month policy or 11 months on a 12 month policy|
|Legal expenses cover||Up to £15,000||Up to £50,000|
|Disputes relating to repossession and eviction||✔️||✔️|
|Disputes relating to the recovery of rent arrears||✔️||✔️|
|Legal costs and expenses for rent arrears and eviction||✔️||✔️|
|Property damage, nuisance and trespass cover||–||✔️|
|Accommodation expenses cover||–||✔️|
What is my excess?
Your excess is the amount of money that you will have to contribute when you make a claim.
The amount of your excess will depend on the claim you are making. Your policy schedule will have full details about your excess and the amount you will have to pay.
What is the claims process for Endsleigh?
If you find yourself needing to make a claim, you can call Endsleigh’s claims department or visit its website.
You can call on 0333 234 1688.
The hotline is in operation Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Or you can visit the website at https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/claim-centre.
Endsleigh Landlord Insurance pros and cons
- A wide variety of cover is offered.
- Easy access to policy documents online.
- Administration fees apply.
- Claims line is not in operation 24/7.
. When making a big financial decision, it's wise to consider getting independent financial advice, and always consider your own financial circumstances when comparing products so you get what's right for you.