Ford Mondeo insurance group & cost
Find out which insurance group your Ford Mondeo is in, how much it could cost to insure and how you can save on your premiums.
The Ford Mondeo was first manufactured in 1993 to replace the Ford Sierra and become the second ‘World Car’. Now in its fifth generation, the Ford Mondeo is making a come back, and this versatile and historically cultured family car may regain some of its former popularity.
Keep reading to find out more about Ford Mondeo car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Ford Mondeo insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Average Ford Mondeo insurance costs
To provide you with an idea of how much it could cost you to insure your Ford Mondeo, we ran some quotes to find an average figure. Our results estimated that, on average, you could insure your Ford Mondeo with a comprehensive policy for monthly payments of £70.86, or a single annual payment of £776.38. To run these quotes, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2018 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory fitted Thatcham approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Ford Mondeo insurance rate?
There are a wide range of factors that are likely to impact the price of your premiums. We’ve listed some of them below for you:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your car usage
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Ford Mondeo premiums?
When selecting car insurance, it’s important that you find the best policy at a price that’s affordable for you. However, sometimes premiums increase, and you end up spending more. But fear not! We’ve devised a list of tips to try and help you to keep your premiums low.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £73.94 a year!
- Make yourself a secure investment. By keeping a good credit rating and a clean history of no claims, you will appeal more to insurance companies, making them more likely to reward you with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. Whilst it is tempting to use your car for all your travelling needs, by opting for public transport or a quick walk to the shops, you can actually save on your premiums.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. When it’s time for renewal, the quote you’re given isn’t always the best option out there. Make sure that you shop around and compare quotes before you commit to anything.
- Install extra safety precautions. Companies don’t like insuring risks, so you need to make sure your vehicle is safe. By investing in some extra safety features, you could in turn save money on your premiums.
- Avoid driving convictions. Driving convictions will increase the price of your premiums, so you should try your best to avoid them.
Ford Mondeo facts
- You can speed from 0-60mph in 7.6 to 11.7 seconds.
- In 2016, the Ford Mondeo was voted the 3rd Best Large Family Car in the UK, and the 9th best in 2018.
- When the Ford Mondeo first came out, the term ‘Mondeo Man’ was coined. It was used by Tony Blair during the 1997 general election campaign.
- It was voted European Car of the Year in 1994, and made around 127,000 UK sales in its first full year of production.
The Ford Mondeo is relatively expensive to insure for the type of car that it is, although this will be highly affected by choice of model. The tips in this guide will help you lower these costs to make them more reasonable.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Ford models
More guides on Finder
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Does the UK know how much it needs to save up for retirement?
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Can I drive a van on my car insurance?
Read our comprehensive guide on whether or not you are able to drive a van on your car insurance policy.
Ask an Expert