Ford Ka insurance group and cost
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Ford Ka, and what you can do to keep your premiums low.
The Ford Ka was first manufactured in 1996, and after 20 years, its production finished in 2016, being replaced by the new Ka+ model. The Ka went through three different generations, and is considered a regular and familiar sight on UK roads as it is known to be one of Britain’s favourite cars.
Keep reading to find out more about Ford KA car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Ford Ka insurance (all models) cost by driver’s age
What is the average Ford Ka insurance rate?
We wanted to provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Ford Ka, so using a scenario, we ran several quotes to get an average figure. In our scenario, you could insure your Ford Ka with a comprehensive policy for monthly payments of £43.54, or a single annual payment of £485.61, on average. To run these quotes, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2016 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory-fitted Thatcham-approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Ford Ka insurance rate?
There are a wide variety of factors, both lifestyle and vehicular, that may affect your premiums. We’ve listed some of them below for you:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Ford Ka premiums?
For premiums that don’t break the bank, we’ve devised a list of tips and tricks that may help you to save on your premiums. Our advice is:
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £36.87 a year.
- Make yourself a secure investment. Companies like to know that their customers are reliable, so if you keep a good credit rating and a clean history of no claims, you may find yourself being rewarded with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. By opting to use public transport to get to work, or walking to the shops, you will keep your mileage, and your premiums, down
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Renewal quotes aren’t always the best option out there, so make sure you compare some quotes and shop around.
- Install extra safety precautions. Providers don’t like to insure risks, so by investing in some extra safety measures, you may find yourself saving money.
- Avoid driving convictions. Convictions of any kind will increase your premiums, so you should do your best to avoid any.
Ford Ka facts
- The Ford Ka was voted 5th for the nation’s favourite first car in 2017.
- The Ford Ka has a fuel economy of 56mpg, and has between 69-83 horsepower.
- The Ford Ka is a very popular first car for younger, less experienced drivers.
How safe is Ford Ka?
The Ford Ka was tested by Euro NCAP in 2008, and its results are formulated within the old testing scheme. Whilst the Ka does not have an overall safety score, it received a 4/5 rating for its adult occupant safety, a 3/5 rating for its child occupant safety and a 2/4 rating for pedestrian safety. In the comments that accompanied the Ka’s test scores, it was noted that the small car served good protection for all of its occupants body regions.
As the Ka is somewhat dated, and is now no longer being produced, the safety features that come as standard are fairly limited and basic, but will still protect you in the event of an accident. The Ka comes with standard features such as airbags, as well as ABS with Traction Control to keep you safe in the event of an emergency, and prevent your car from skidding or its wheels from locking.
As previously mentioned, the safer your car is, the lower your premiums may be. For this reason, you may wish to invest in some extra safety measures for your Ka.
Compare insurance for other Ford models
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Student gadget insurance
Find out what gadget insurance for students includes, who qualifies for it and how to find the best cover for you at the best price.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert