Ford Ka insurance group and cost
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Ford Ka, and what you can do to keep your premiums low.
The Ford Ka was first manufactured in 1996, and after 20 years, its production finished in 2016, being replaced by the new Ka+ model. The Ka went through three different generations, and is considered a regular and familiar sight on UK roads as it is known to be one of Britain’s favourite cars.
Keep reading to find out more about Ford KA car insurance costs and how you could save on your premiums.
Ford Ka insurance (all models) cost by driver’s age
What is the average Ford Ka insurance rate?
We wanted to provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Ford Ka, so using a scenario, we ran several quotes to get an average figure. In our scenario, you could insure your Ford Ka with a comprehensive policy for monthly payments of £43.54, or a single annual payment of £485.61, on average. To run these quotes, we used the following information:
- The car is a 2016 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory-fitted Thatcham-approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Ford Ka insurance rate?
There are a wide variety of factors, both lifestyle and vehicular, that may affect your premiums. We’ve listed some of them below for you:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Ford Ka premiums?
For premiums that don’t break the bank, we’ve devised a list of tips and tricks that may help you to save on your premiums. Our advice is:
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £36.87 a year.
- Make yourself a secure investment. Companies like to know that their customers are reliable, so if you keep a good credit rating and a clean history of no claims, you may find yourself being rewarded with lower premiums.
- Be economical about your car usage. By opting to use public transport to get to work, or walking to the shops, you will keep your mileage, and your premiums, down
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Renewal quotes aren’t always the best option out there, so make sure you compare some quotes and shop around.
- Install extra safety precautions. Providers don’t like to insure risks, so by investing in some extra safety measures, you may find yourself saving money.
- Avoid driving convictions. Convictions of any kind will increase your premiums, so you should do your best to avoid any.
Ford Ka facts
- The Ford Ka was voted 5th for the nation’s favourite first car in 2017.
- The Ford Ka has a fuel economy of 56mpg, and has between 69-83 horsepower.
- The Ford Ka is a very popular first car for younger, less experienced drivers.
The Ford Ka is a popular city car, and it’s one of the more affordable cars to insure too.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Ford models
More guides on Finder
Ford C-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford C-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford B-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford B-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford S-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford S-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Puma insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Puma falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Fiesta insurance group and cost
Find out how much it might cost you to insure a Ford Fiesta and how to save on your car insurance premiums.