Ford Edge insurance group & cost
Find out how much it could cost you to insure your Ford Edge, and what you can do to keep your premiums down.
The Ford Edge has been in production in the US since 2006, but first came to the UK in 2016. Only in its second generation, this SUV is expected to have a facelift in 2019, so it’s likely to become more popular.
Ford Focus insurance groups and average cost by driver’s age
Example Ford Edge insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it could cost you to insure your Ford Edge, we ran several quotes from a selection of insurance providers to find an example figure. In our scenario, a comprehensive policy paid for with monthly instalments was £86.06, or an annual sum of £935.29, on average. We used the following scenario in our enquiries:
- The car is a 2018 model
- The driver is a 30-year-old teacher from London
- Manual transmission
- 10,000 mileage per year
- Factory fitted Thatcham approved alarm system
- Used for social, domestic and commuting purposes
- The car is not modified
- The car is parked in a car park during the day
- The car is parked on a driveway at night
- Five years no claims discount
- No driving or other convictions for the past 5 years
Which factors affect my Ford Edge insurance rate?
There are a number of factors that could affect your insurance rate. Some of them include:
- Your age, marital status, job and where you live
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating, security and any anti-theft precautions
- Annual mileage
- Your car usage
- The size of your car’s engine
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Ford Edge premiums?
Insurance is a must, but that doesn’t mean you should pay through the nose for it. For affordable premiums, we’ve devised a list of tips for you to try.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you could save an average of £97.43 a year.
- Make yourself a secure investment. The more you appeal to your provider, the more likely it is that they will reward you with lower premiums. You can achieve this by keeping a clean history of no claims and a good credit rating.
- Be economical about your car usage. The less you use your car, the lower your mileage will be. The lower your mileage is, the lower your premiums may become. Simple!
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. The renewal quote that you’re given isn’t always the best option out there. When it’s time for renewal, make sure you shop around before you commit.
- Install extra safety precautions. Providers don’t like to insure risks. By investing in some extra safety and security measures, you may find your premiums lower.
- Avoid driving convictions. Convictions of any kind will increase the cost of your premiums.
Ford Edge facts
- You can zoom from 0-60mph in under 10 seconds, and it has a fuel economy of 47mpg.
- The first generation of the Ford Edge was based on various cars, such as the Ford Fusion, the Ford CD3 and the Mazda CX-9.
- The Ford Edge was voted one of the ‘Best Cars for Families’ in 2007 by AAA and Parents Magazine.
The SUV market is a very competitive in the UK, but the Ford Edge has enough to stand out. You will usually pay above the average rate to insure this vehicle, but you will be able to pay less by following the tips in this guide.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Ford models
More guides on Finder
How to renew your car insurance
We explain how car insurance renewal works, and how to keep your annual renewal premiums as low as possible.
Compulsory vs voluntary excess
We explain the different types of car insurance excess, and how adjusting your voluntary excess can affect your premium.
Cat S insurance
Learn how to find insurance for your Cat S write-off, average cost and whether you can keep your category S car.
Finder Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020
Looking for insurance or thinking of changing providers? Here’s what customers had to say about some of the UK’s top insurers.
How to save by adding kids to parent’s car insurance
Learn more about how parents’ can save their children money on car insurance by putting them as a named driver.
International car insurance
Our guide to international car insurance. Find out how to get covered and what documents you’ll need for your trip.
UK car insurance statistics: Average cost and number of claims
We unpack all the latest UK car insurance statistics, including the average cost and the number of claims made per year.
Car insurance exclusions
Find out what car insurance won’t cover so you can avoid any nasty surprises at claim time.
High-risk car insurance
Find out how to get car insurance as a high-risk driver and what options are available. Steps to reduce your premium as a high-risk driver.
Get agreed value car insurance quotes online
Find out how agreed value car insurance works and if it’s the right option for you.