Ford C-MAX insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Ford C-MAX based on your age and location.
The Ford C-MAX is a people carrier, which takes all the best parts of a Ford Focus and adds extra space. It’s a great option for those with a large family to scoot around town. It has five seats, or seven if you opt for the grand C-MAX. You can expect great handling, a comfortable drive and great value for money, including the insurance costs. In this guide, you’ll find out how much a Ford C-MAX costs to insure based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Ford C-MAX fall under?
Every vehicle you see on the road is assigned a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). This helps insurers determine the cost of your premium. Ford C-MAX models can be found in insurance groups ranging from 10 to 27, meaning costs will typically be less than for the average vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £721 for cover on a Ford C-MAX 1.0 EcoBoost Zetec 5d that is in insurance group 10 or around £894 for a Ford C-MAX 2.0 TDCi Titanium X Navigation 5d Powershift that is in insurance group 27. This shows the impact on premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Ford C-MAX insurance cost by location
Of the other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance, one of the biggest is your location.
To show the power of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Ford C-MAX 1.6 EcoBoost Titanium X 5d.
- Expensive: £974 (London SE1)
- Average: £830 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £636 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Ford C-MAX insurance rate?
Along with the car’s insurance group, here are some more key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £855 for insurance for a Ford C-MAX 1.0 EcoBoost Zetec 5d, while you may pay £948 for a Ford C-MAX 1.6 TDCi Zetec 5d. That’s £93 more per year for an engine that’s 0.6 litres bigger.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £960 for insurance for a Ford C-MAX 1.5 TDCi Zetec 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £800. That’s £160 more that the Londoner would pay to insure the same vehicle in this scenario.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,588 for the Ford C-MAX GT Line Premium 2.0 BlueHDi 180 EAT8 auto SS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £832. So, in this example, the younger driver would have to pay almost double to insure a Ford C-MAX.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s security features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your car usage
- Your no-claim discount
How can I save on my Ford C-MAX premium?
Car insurance is a significant purchase, but you don’t need to let it break the bank. Here are some ideas to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can, occasionally travel by foot or public transport, rather than using your vehicle, it can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Pay annually to avoid being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. By adding extra safety measures, you make your car less risky for companies to insure. That’s why many insurers will lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there, so shop around using price comparison websites.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ford B-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford B-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford S-MAX insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford S-MAX falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Puma insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Puma falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ka insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Ford Ka and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ford Fiesta insurance group and cost
Find out how much it might cost you to insure a Ford Fiesta and how to save on your car insurance premiums.