Ford B-MAX insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Ford B-MAX based on your age and location.
The Ford B-MAX is a small MPV, which is a great budget-friendly choice to scoot your family about town. It’s roomier than its rivals and this benefit is accentuated by its sliding doors. There is plenty of choice when it comes to trims and engines. Ford is well-known for providing vehicles with sharp and smooth handling, and the B-MAX is no exception. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it costs to insure based on the age and location of the driver.
What insurance group does the Ford B-MAX fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), which helps determine the cost of your premium. Ford B-MAX models range from insurance group 7 to 16, meaning costs will vary between different Ford B-MAX insurance groups. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £688 for cover on a Ford B-MAX 1.4 Studio 5d that is in insurance group 7 or around £768 for a Ford B-MAX 1.0 EcoBoost Zetec Red Edition 5d that is in insurance group 36. This shows the impact of the premium pricing that occurs when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Ford B-MAX insurance cost by location
Many other factors affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, including your home address.
To demonstrate the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Ford B-MAX 1.6 TDCi Zetec 5d.
- Expensive: £855 (London SE1)
- Average: £721 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £524 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Ford B-MAX insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, a number of other factors have a big impact on your insurance premium costs. Here are some key aspects of the vehicle to consider.
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £846 for insurance for a Ford B-MAX 1.4 Zetec White Edition 5d, while you may pay £895 for a Ford B-MAX 1.6 Zetec White Edition 5d Powershift. That’s £49 more per year for an engine that’s 0.2 litres bigger.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £865 for insurance for a Ford B-MAX 1.6 TDCi Titanium X 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £731. In this example, a Londoner would pay an extra £134 per year to insure the exact same vehicle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,588 for the Ford B-MAX 1.6 Zetec 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £832. In this example, the younger driver would have to pay almost double to insure a Ford B-MAX.
The following factors also influence the cost of your insurance:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s safety and security features
- Your car’s extra anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Ford B-MAX premiums?
When hunting for the best insurance deal, you’ll want to find a deal that’s comfortably within your budget. Here are some ideas to help you do that.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). The less you use your car, the less of a risk you are in the eyes of insurers. That’s why insurers will reduce your premium if you lower your annual mileage. So, consider whether you can occasionally travel by foot or public transport, rather than using your car.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Some insurers charge interest if you pay monthly. So, pay annually if you can.
- Install extra safety precautions. By adding extra safety features, you make your car less risky for companies to insure. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there.
Ford B-MAX facts and trivia
- The first Ford B-Max was bought by the President of Romania, Traian Basescu, directly from the Craiova manufacturing plant.
- This vehicle won the International Engine Of The Year two years in a row between 2012 and 2013.
The Ford B-MAX ceased production in 2017 as sales dropped, but there could still be plenty to enjoy about a second-hand edition of this vehicle. You’ll pay less than average to insure this vehicle, but the tips in this guide will help you reduce your premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert