Flights to Malta
Find cheap flights to Malta to help maximise your spending money for your holiday
Malta has over 7000 years of history and sunny weather year round, allowing you to both relax and experience the rich culture of the Mediterranean. With plenty to do, Malta makes for a perfect holiday escape.
To help you get there we’ve put together the best flight deals and the need-to-know information to get your trip started.
Flight deals to Malta
Malta flight times
- From London: 3 hrs 20 mins
- From Manchester: 3 hrs 35 mins
- From Glasgow: 6 hrs 30 mins + (connecting flight)
- From Cardiff: 7 hrs 25 mins + (connecting flight)
- From Belfast: 7 hrs 20 mins + (connecting flight)
Airlines that fly to Malta
The below airlines all fly directly to Malta, more airlines fly an indirect route.
- British Airways
- Thomas Cook
- Air Malta
What airport transfer options are available?
Malta airport is well connected. Busses, coaches, taxis, and car rentals are all available from the airport.
Airport route busses are marked with an “X” in front of the route numbers, and you can purchase a bus card in the arrival hall.
What car hire options are available?
Car hire desks are open in Malta Airport, where you can easily get a hire car. You can also pre-book online to avoid disappointment, particularly during peak periods. Available companies are: Avis, Budget, Dollar Thrifty, Europcar, First Car Rental, Goldcar Rental, Green Motion, Hertz and Sixt.
What should I take on my trip to Malta?
- Boarding pass
- Driving license
- Travel insurance documents
- Emergency health card & contact details
- A cap or hat
- Cash and a travel money card
- Paracetamol, ibuprofen & plasters
- Travel adapter
- Solar charger/portable charger
- Travel towel
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Photocopies of important documents
This list is only a start and is by no means comprehensive. For a more in-depth look at travel essentials, make sure to check out our travel guide.
Ask an Expert