Flights to Canada
Find low fares on flights to Canada from the UK
Breathtaking natural beauty and national parks make Canada a wonderland for the outdoor enthusiast. British travellers will love the lively cities, world-class ski resorts and local wildlife.
The best flight deals from the UK to Canada are to Toronto. Toronto is the largest city and just a 90-minute drive from Niagara Falls. Vancouver is the airport of choice for those wanting to explore the astounding beaches, mountains and forests of British Columbia. Canada’s multicultural side is best demonstrated in the province of Quebec, with Montreal being its international gateway.
Search for a flight to Canada
Canada flight time
- From London to Toronto: 7 hrs 45 mins+
- From Manchester to Toronto: 10 hrs 30 mins+ (connecting flight)
- From London to Vancouver: 9 hrs 35 mins+
- From Manchester to Vancouver: 12 hrs 25 mins+ (connecting flight)
Airlines that fly directly to Canada
- Air Canada
- British Airways
- Air Transat
Canada insider flight tips
- The cheapest route between the UK and Canada is London to Toronto. Air Canada flies direct between London and Toronto on a daily basis. Cheaper fares are available one-stop, usually stopping over in Iceland’s Keflavík International Airport
- You can fly directly from London to: Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Ottawa.
- Another option you have is to fly direct to Toronto and take the scenic route to another city on Canada’s world class rail network.
How to get from the airport
Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is Canada’s busiest airport and is located 23 kilometres from Toronto city. It’s well connected to the public transport network with buses, subway and a rapid train service (the most convenient method). All major car rental companies are available on level one of the airport’s two terminals.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR) is just 12 kilometres from the city. A rapid train service takes you there (from the station in between the international and domestic terminals) in less than half an hour. There’s also a train service connecting the terminals. There’s a direct-dial phone in arrivals to request courtesy airport pick-up from certain hotels. Car rentals are located on the ground floor. The airport is said to be well set-up for travellers with plenty of information desks and 24-hour representatives at hand.
Montreal International Airport (YUL) has just one terminal for international and domestic flights. It’s a 45-minute ride on the 747 bus to travel the 20 kilometres to the city. Alternatively a free shuttle bus gets you to the nearby train station for connections to other cities. Major car rental companies are found on the ground level of the multi-storey car park. Taxis are available outside Arrivals and offer a fixed rate to downtown Montreal.
Ask an Expert