For many of us, Easter is a glorious time of year when we can stuff our faces with chocolate and not feel guilty about it.
It’s a time of egg hunts, chocolate bunnies, hot cross buns and a relaxing long weekend, not to mention the chance to bask in some (hopefully) glorious springtime weather!
But for that special man in your life, what do you buy him (besides chocolate)?
Whether it’s your brother, friend, dad, grandad, husband or uncle, we’ve got just the thing.
Popular Gifts & Flowers discount codes
Back to top
|27 Mar 2020
||20% off Amazon Handmade
|7 Mar 2020
||10% off all orders
|4 Mar 2020
||10% off your order
|26 Mar 2020
||50% off canvas sets
|26 Mar 2020
||40% off home decor
|Back to top
How to choose the best Easter gifts for him
- While most of us associate Christmas as a time for gift giving, Easter is another time when you might like to spoil the important people in your life with a present, or three. The long holiday weekend gives you plenty of time to reconnect with family and friends, so why not show someone you care with a thoughtful Easter gift?
- Chances are though, you’re grappling with the problem of how to decide on the right presents for each person. Some people are naturals at it, but for many of us, it’s a struggle we face every time Christmas, Easter, birthdays and anniversaries roll around.
- In order to track down excellent Easter gifts, consider first who you’re buying for. What are their interests and hobbies? Do they have expensive tastes?
- Take the time to consider the personality of the person you’re buying for, as different gifts will be better suited to different types of people. Is he a gadget nerd or obsessed with sport and the outdoor life? Is he the shy type or a proud extrovert? Is he someone well-known for a wicked sense of humour or does he take a more serious approach to life? The answers to these questions may help you find the right gift.
- Consider exactly what you’re trying to say to the gift recipient. Gifts are one of the oldest and most basic forms of communication we have at our disposal and the type of gift you give can have a huge influence on the message you send. If you’re buying for your husband or boyfriend, you’ll want to convey a message of love, perhaps romance. A gift for a male friend might take more of a humorous approach, referencing a shared joke or memory, while a gift for your father, uncle or brother will need to be tailored to your relationship.
- Do you want the gift to show the man in your life how special he is to you? Are you in the early stages of a relationship and want to give him something that shows you care, but not something too over-the-top that’s going to give him the wrong idea and scare him off? Whatever the reason you’re buying for, taking a few minutes to plan ahead can save you a lot of stress in the long run.
- The next step is to brainstorm possible gift ideas. At Easter, the most obvious place to start looking is the confectionery aisle. Chocolate and Easter go together like Christmas and turkey, so spoiling him with an avalanche of sweet treats is always a recipe for success. You can look for eggs, bunnies or perhaps something a little bit fancy if he likes the finer things in life.
- If you wanted to go for something other than chocolate, perhaps a new golf club and golf balls will make his day, or you could splash out on a couple of his favourite DVDs. You could even plan a romantic movie night for the two of you over the Easter weekend, complete with viewing material, snuggles on the sofa and plenty of popcorn and snacks.
- If your man likes looking after himself, a personal care package with shaving cream, deodorant, body wash and the like could go down a treat. Maybe you could focus on family, with a beautifully framed photo or two, or even book a romantic weekend away.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you could put together an entire Easter basket for him. Make sure to have a theme in mind, whether it be chocolate, food, golf, grooming, movies or gadgets, and make sure it’s tailored to his personality.
- The list of possible gifts you can choose is never ending and there really is something for everyone. If you still feel like you need more help tracking down a great present, check out the wonderful gift ideas above.