How do we rate cryptocurrency exchanges?
Here's how we decided our Finder score for FCA-registered crypto exchanges.
To help you find the best crypto exchange, our team analysed the fees, features, user experience and security for each FCA-registered cryptocurrency exchange we’ve reviewed on our site.
We use this analysis to create our expert Finder score. Exchanges that score well across the board are eligible to be included in our “best for” picks. These reflect the stand-out features of the exchanges.
What factors do we take into account?
We rate the exchanges on 6 key factors:
- Fees. We look at what fees an exchange charges for deposits and withdrawals, as well as its maker and taker fees, and whether there are any additional fees for inactivity on the account.
- Supported currencies. Exchanges usually deal in both cryptocurrencies and fiat currencies. We look at the number of altcoins on offer and how many different fiat currencies you can trade with.
- Tools, resources and features. Exchanges typically have trading tools, education resources and additional features in order to bring extra value to their services. The larger, more established exchanges tend to offer services like recurring buys or bundles.
- Account types & products. This is all about the different services on offer. Whether an exchange has a pro trading function or offers a wallet to store your cryptoassets.
- User experience & user interface. What is the app like? Does it have good reviews? How can you contact customer service? All of these contribute towards a negative or positive experience using an exchange.
- Safety & security. What security features does the app have? Is the exchange FCA-registered? Does it have any additional insurance to reimburse you if there is a hack?
How do we choose our “best” exchanges?
Our “best fors” are displayed across our crypto content and feature those exchanges that have scored well across the board, have stand-out features and are among partner brands we work with.
More guides on Finder
Best ways to invest £100 per month
Find out how you can start building wealth by investing just £100 a month along with some of the best ways to invest.
The best stock trading apps and platforms in the UK
We’ve tested, analysed and scored trading apps to find the 10 best trading platforms in the UK, who they’re best for and the pros and cons.
How to buy Shein shares when it goes public
Everything we know about the Shein IPO, plus information on how to buy shares.
4 ways to teach your children about money at Christmas
Help your kids learn to budget, manage their money and save this festive season with these simple money lessons.
Robinhood share trading app set to launch in the UK
Robinhood is close to launching in the UK. Find out when it’s happening, what investments will be available on the commission-free trading app and how it plans to make money.
One week to go until FinTech Connect 2023
There’s one week to go until FinTech Connect 2023 returns to London on 6 and 7 December. Get 20% off your ticket with Finder.
What is the average credit card interest rate in the UK?
We look at the average APR on credit cards in the UK and how credit card interest rates have changed over time.
Interest inequality: Major UK banks lag behind global savings rates
Finder collaborated with the smart money app, Plum, to compare how easy access savings rates around the world compared with the local base rate.