If you’re looking for a flexible way to buy now pay later for your online shopping then Clearpay could be the service for you.
Clearpay is the British sister of popular Australian payment service Afterpay and allows you to split your online shopping totals into four easily payable chunks.
You can check out our full list of retailers that offer Clearpay here.
How does Clearpay work?
Clearpay partners with online retailers looking to offer simple third-party financing solutions for customers who want to buy now but need to pay later. Customers shop at their chosen online store as usual and at the checkout select Clearpay as their payment method.
Once you have selected Clearpay as your payment method you will sign in to, or create, your Clearpay account and provide your bank or card details.
Your final payment amount for your shopping will be split into four equal amounts, the first of which will be due immediately as you confirm your order and the other three of which will be automatically taken from your account at two-week intervals.
Which retailers offer Clearpay?
Exclusive: Extra 10% off sale
Use our exclusive discount code to score an extra 10% off the already low Nasty Gal sale prices! Shop now and save. T&Cs apply.
10% student discount
Calling all students! Shop at JD Sports now and enjoy a 10% student discount just for you! T&Cs apply.
Join UO Rewards to get 10% off
It's simple to grab a 10% discount and to earn exclusive rewards every time you shop. Just sign up to the UO Rewards and enjoy the benefits! T&Cs apply.
Features of shopping with Clearpay
- No fees. Clearpay is always free to use as long as you make your payments on time.
- Zero interest. Clearpay doesn’t charge any interest on your total amount.
- Automatic payments. Clearpay will automatically take the second, third and fourth payments from your bank account at two-week intervals.
- Orders shipped straight away. Clearpay pays the retailer upfront so that your order is shipped as soon as you pay the first instalment.
- Easy split. Clearpay offers just one type of payment plan and will split your total into four equal amounts that will be repaid automatically.
- Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. For help, contact the Money Advice Service.
How much does Clearpay cost to use?
Clearpay doesn’t charge any interest or fees to use its services. The only situation in which you’ll pay more than your total purchase price is if you do not have enough money in your account to make the automatic payments. In this case you will be charged a late fee and will need to log in to your Clearpay account to clear the balance.
Is Clearpay safe?
Yes. Clearpay is part of the Afterpay Touch Group, which is Level 1 certified by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). So your card details and personal information is always safe when you shop with Clearpay.
How to sign up for Clearpay?
You must be at least 18 years old and shop with a retailer that offers Clearpay to sign up for an account.
When shopping at a Clearpay retail partner, you’ll see Clearpay listed as a payment option at the checkout. Click Clearpay and complete the short application on the next page. You’ll know instantly if you’re approved to use the service.