Government to announce switch-off date of older and slower system.Read more…
John Lewis broadband | Compare fibre and ADSL deals and packages
Find out more about John Lewis' broadband plans with our useful guide.
In 2012 John Lewis launched it’s broadband service, partnering with Plusnet and using its network and customer support team.
John Lewis broadband centres on simplicity. What you see is what you get, no hidden fees, no usage caps. In exchange for this, customers have to give up the sort of customisable experience available with other providers. If you like to keep it simple, then John Lewis might be the right provider for you.
What is 'line rental'?When shopping around for broadband deals, it’s easy to be drawn in by an eye-catching “£9.99 a month” deal. What these deals might be failing to mention is something called “line rental”.
Broadband generally needs a phone line to connect to the internet. BT owns the country’s phone line network, and charges other providers to use the lines. This cost is passed on to the customers and is called “line rental”.
What add-ons come included with John Lewis’s packages?
- Router. All of John Lewis’ broadband packages come with a free wireless router.
- UK landline evening and weekend calls. These come included, and you can pay for unlimited calls too if you choose to personalise your package.
- 24/7 customer support. All John Lewis packages come with 24/7 customer support on a freephone number.
Does John Lewis offer any broadband bundles?
John Lewis doesn’t offer any TV add-ons. It doe, however, offer some add-ons for call plans. Here’s a list of some of the plans currently on offer:
- Anytime. Add anytime calls to your broadband package.
- Anytime and International. Add anytime and international calls to your broadband package.
- Mobile Bolt-on. Extend your anytime minutes to UK mobiles. This is only available if you’re also adding Anytime/Anytime + International call plans.
What is John Lewis good and bad at?
Ask an Expert