SellersFunding business loans review
Cashflow solutions up to $500,000 made for Amazon sellers.
|Product Name||SellersFunding Business Loans|
|Loan Term||6 months to 1 year|
|Requirements||6+ months of Amazon sales history, $30,000+ in sales in the past 6 months, positive customer feedback, few returns, consistent sales activity|
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a SellersFunding business loan, you need to meet the following criteria:
- At least six months of Amazon sales history
- At least $30,000 in profits over the past six months
- Positive customer feedback
- Few returns
- Consistent sales activity
What is SellersFunding?
SellersFunding is an online direct lender that offers unsecured short-term loans. SellersFunding requires business owners to back the loan with a personal guarantee. This means that the business owner is on the hook for paying off the loan if the business folds or can’t pay back the debt.
SellersFunding uses an algorithm-based underwriting system, meaning your business can get approved in around a minute. After you’ve accepted the loan, it typically takes between two and three business days to get your funds.
What’s unique about a SellersFunding business loan?
While there’s no restriction on what type of business can apply for a SellersFunding business loan, it’s made to meet the specific needs of Amazon sellers. The application doesn’t take more than a few minutes and is primarily based on the past six months of sales. The short terms make the loan especially useful for businesses that need funding to prepare for an uptick in sales to purchase inventory, bring on more staff and more.
SellersFunding revenue advance
In addition to short-term business loans, SellersFunding also offers what it calls a “revenue advance” for e-commerce merchants. This works a lot like a merchant cash advance with a twist: SellersFunding uses an algorithm to predict your business’s next 90 days of online sales and offers a 15% advance on the funds to help improve cash flow. Then, your business pays it back with a daily percentage of its online sales.
SellersFunding charges a 5% advance fee, which it takes directly from your funds before you receive them. So, your business is on the hook for paying back 15%, but actually only receives 10% of its predicted future sales. Typically, it takes around 48 hours for your business to receive its funds after finalizing the application.
What are the benefits of a SellersFunding business loan?
- Few fees. SellersFunding asks for a one-time processing fee of $100 — generally much lower than the typical origination fee of 1% to 5% that many business lenders charge. There are also no prepayment fees.
- Made for e-commerce. SellersFunding could be a great financing option for your e-commerce business if more traditional loans don’t meet your business’s needs.
- Prequalification available. While the turnaround time might not be as fast as some online business lenders, your business can get preapproved for a specific amount in as little as 60 seconds before filling out a full application.
What to watch out for
- Short terms. SellersFunding offers loan terms from three to 12 months. Short-term loans can be risky for businesses, especially if your sales don’t pan out to be as high as predicted.
- Sometimes advertises a monthly rate. Rates as low as 1.25% might sound too good to be true — and that’s because it is. SellersFunding sometimes advertises a monthly rate, which can be easy to confuse with the annual rate if you don’t look closely enough. APRs start at 14.99%, not 1.25%.
- Amazon-centric. While SellersFunding isn’t affiliated with Amazon, its application is designed for Amazon retailers and the majority of its clients sell on the online platform.
Compare more business loan providers
What do customers say about SellersFunding?
Reviews for SellersFunding are overwhelmingly positive as of April 2019. It isn’t accredited with the Better Business Bureau, though it receives an A- rating based on factors like transparency and time in business. And it fares even better on Trustpilot, scoring a 9.6 out of 10 based on over 100 customer reviews — with 97% rating it as excellent.
Almost every reviewer mentioned how easy and quick the funding process was. Several also mentioned that the staff was helpful and professional. At least one was pleased with the rates their business was approved for.
How do I apply?
After you confirm you meet SellersFunding’s eligibility requirements, you can apply online by following these steps:
- Go to the SellersFunding website and click Apply Now.
- Hit Apply for a Term Loan.
- Scroll down until you see the Apply Now button and click on it again.
- Enter your first name, last name, email and phone number. If you have an Amazon seller name, provide that as well before hitting Apply Now.
- Confirm your personal information and click Next.
- Fill out the required field with information about your business, and click Next.
- Complete the form with personal information for each business owner. Then click Next.
- Answer a few more questions about your business and enter the amount you want to borrow, how long you’d like to wait before starting repayment, the loan term (called tenor) and how your business plans on using the funds. Then hit Next.
- Upload your business payment settlements, sales and order reports and latest inventory reports.
- Read the disclosures and check the box at the bottom of the page before hitting Next.
- Wait for SellersFunding to process your application.
If approved, your business can receive its funds in as little as two or three business days after signing its final loan documents.
What documents do I need to apply?
You don’t need to submit any documents when you apply. Instead, you simply have to connect your Amazon seller account to SellersFunding and it will pull in any data it needs to process your application.
What if I’m not an Amazon seller?
You might want to reach out to the SellersFunding customer service team by calling its customer service line between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET. It appears that SellersFunding might sometimes work with e-commerce businesses using other platforms.
I got the SellersFunding business loan. Now what?
It depends on which grace period you chose. Your business might not be on the hook for repayments until 90 days after getting its funds. After that, SellersFunding will most likely start deducting repayments automatically as they’re due. If your account doesn’t have enough funds to make a payment, SellersFunding charges your business a fee outlined in your loan agreement.
Since SellersFunding doesn’t charge prepayment penalties, you might want to consider paying off the loan early to save on interest. However, since its loans come with such short terms, your business might not save as much as it would with a longer-term loan.
If you’re an Amazon seller looking for a short-term loan to pay for inventory or otherwise grow your online business, SellersFunding could be a great choice. Other e-commerce industries might run into some snags in the application, however. It’s also not ideal as a long-term financing solution.
Want to learn about other financing options? Check out our guide to business loans. We’ll give you more details about how business financing works and even more options to compare. Or compare more business loan options tailored to Amazon sellers.