RSI Bank Go Digital! Savings review
This savings account offers a decent APY, but its customer service can’t compete with larger banks.
finder.com’s rating: 4.3 / 5.0
With RSI’s Go Digital savings account, you pay no monthly fees while earning an above-average APY of 0.3%. There’s also no minimum deposit required, but you need at least $10 in your account to accrue interest.
Minimum deposit to open
Michael Benninger is a staff banking writer at Finder. He is a former credit analyst and longtime freelancer whose articles have been published by Intuit, Business Insider and the Los Angeles Times. Michael is passionate about all facets of personal finance and has written hundreds of articles about money management during the past decade.
With RSI Bank’s Go Digital savings account, you won’t have to worry about a minimum deposit to open and you earn 0.3% APY. But to start earning interest, you need at least $10 in the account. Also, while the APY is above the national savings rate average, you can find higher interest rates with other accounts like TAB Bank High Yield Savings, where you earn 0.65% on your money.
How do I open an RSI Bank Go Digital! Savings account?
If you’re ready to sign up for a Go Digital savings account from RSI Bank, get started in nine steps:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the RSI Bank website, select Personal Banking from the menu bar. Then, select Go Digital Savings.
- Select Apply Online.
- If you already bank with RSI, select Add an Account. Otherwise, select Open an Account.
- Select Savings Accounts, then select Go Digital and click or tap on Next.
- Fill out the form with your name, address, identification and contact information.
- Select Next, then select Confirm to verify your information is correct.
- Confirm you’ve read the account agreements and disclosures and select Accept.
- Initiate an electronic transfer from your bank to make a deposit of at least $100.
You need to satisfy these requirements before opening a Go Digital account:
- At least 18 years old (or have a joint account holder over the age of 18).
- Active RSI Online Banking account holder
- A minimum deposit of $100.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you need to provide the following information:
- Name, address and contact information
- Social Security number or individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN)
- Government-issued photo identification (valid driver’s license or US passport)
- The routing and account numbers of a financial institution to fund your initial deposit.
What are the benefits of a Go Digital savings account with RSI?
RSI doesn’t charge any monthly fees for its Go Digital savings account, and you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Above-average APY. You earn 0.3% APY, which is above the national savings rate average.
- No minimum opening balance. You can open a Go Digital account with as little as $0.
What should I look out for?
As with most savings accounts, you’re limited to six monthly transactions. Aside from that restriction, there are a few drawbacks with the Go Digital savings account:
- Daily balance to earn APY. You must keep at least $10 in your account to accrue interest.
- No paper statements. Some of RSI’s other savings accounts offer printed statements, but Go Digital only includes electronic versions.
If you don’t want to worry about meeting a daily balance to earn interest on your money, explore other high yield interest savings accounts.
Compare with other savings accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
There are several ways to deposit and withdraw money from a Go Digital account.
- ATMs. You can withdraw cash — without paying any fees — at any of the 55,000 ATMs in Allpoint’s nationwide network. Alternatively, you can use the ATMs at RSI’s brick-and-mortar branches.
- Automated clearing house (ACH). Send funds to or from other banking institutions using ACH transfers.
- Branches. Deposit or withdraw money from your account at any of RSI Bank‘s four branches in New Jersey.
- Direct deposit. The Go Digital savings account includes free direct deposit.
- Mobile app. RSI has a mobile app for Android and iOS you can use to deposit checks and transfer funds between RSI accounts.
What other savings options does RSI Bank offer?
In addition to Go Digital! savings accounts, RSI also offers these savings options.
- Statement Savings. This account offers a low 0.25% APY, but it only requires a $10 deposit to open and it includes paper statements.
- Money Market. You need to make an initial deposit of at least $1,000 to open this account, and it has a maximum APY of 0.40%. There’s also a $15 fee if your balance dips into the hundreds.
- Go Digital! Money Market. This account requires a $5,000 initial deposit with a $20 monthly fee if your balance drops below that amount, but the APY can be as high as 0.45%.
- Certificates of Deposit (CDs). CDs from RSI are FDIC insured and provide steady growth over a set period, but the minimum balance is $1,000.
- Business Statement Savings. Business owners can open this account with just $10, and they won’t have to pay a minimum balance fee.
- Business Money Market. This account requires an initial deposit of $1,000 and offers a tiered APY based on the balance, but there’s a $15 monthly fee if the average daily balance falls below $1,000.
Frequently asked questions
Savings account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top savings accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: interest rates, monthly fees, minimum deposits, customer service and account features.