Rebirth Financial peer-to-peer business loans review
Borrow up to $5,000,000 and get advice for financing almost any type of business expense.
As the first peer-to-peer (P2P) business loan connection service in the US, Rebirth Financial may be able to help you find anything from an SBA loan to a merchant cash advance. But it doesn’t offer prequalification — and you have to pay an underwriting fee to even be considered.
First, do I qualify?
Rebirth Financial doesn’t list any hard qualification requirements on its website. But you’ll need the following information when you apply:
- Recent business and personal bank statements.
- Two years of tax returns.
- Five months of merchant account information.
- Age of majority for your state.
What’s Rebirth Financial?
Rebirth Financial is a peer-to-peer business lending company. Instead of directly financing loans, it matches businesses with investors hoping to make money off loan interest. How does this work? Investors fund business loans and collect on the interest that the borrower pays. Meanwhile, they pay Rebirth a fee for using the service.
What types of financing can I get?
Through Rebirth Financial you could get the following types of financing:
- Business term loan. Businesses of all sizes can apply for fixed-term business loans through Rebirth Financial.
- Acquisition loan. Get funding designed to help you pay for the cost of buying another business.
- Account receivable factoring. Use the money customers owe you as collateral for a loan to keep your business running smoothly.
- Commercial real estate loan. Buy, refinance or expand commercial property you already own. Includes commercial equity loans.
- Business line of credit. Revolving access to funds to tide you over during spotty sales or your off season.
- Startup loan. Financing designed to help out businesses just getting on their feet that could have trouble qualifying with more traditional lenders.
- SBA loans. Rebirth helps you fill out the paperwork and guides you through the otherwise-confusing process of applying for a low-interest, government-backed loan.
- Merchant cash advance. Get an advance on future sales, which you repay plus interest by paying your lender a percentage of each sale.
- Franchise loans. Take out a loan to start a franchise — and get advice on how to analyze the feasibility of different options.
- Equipment financing. Get lower interest rates on term loans to buy equipment by using it as collateral.
- IRA/401(k) financing. Use your retirement funds to cover the cost of a new business — whether launching a startup or buying an already-existing company.
- Poor credit loans. Rebirth Financial can work with business owners with bad credit to make sure they get the financing they need in order to get out of the red.
- Import/export loans. Get help sorting through the complicated paperwork involved with businesses that work internationally to get financing more quickly.
What makes Rebirth Financial unique?
With its unique insight as the pioneer of the peer-to-peer business lending model, it can offer guidance to businesses in almost any situation. Its goal is to get you funding, but it also offers additional support with marketing, consulting, payroll service and business insurance.
It’s also one of the first peer-to-peer lenders to focus on small businesses. Specifically, it encourages investment from members of small business’s communities by allowing accredited and nonaccredited investors alike to participate, thanks to a loophole in federal regulations. In other words, you don’t need to be a millionaire to invest. Other peer-to-peer lenders like Prosper and LendingClub require investors to be accredited.
What are the benefits of a Rebirth Financial business loan?
- Lots of borrowing options. Rebirth Financial’s borrowing options mean you don’t have to squeeze your business into financing that doesn’t quite fit.
- Personalized service. Rebirth Financial provides you with the tools your business needs to find the best loan.
- Wide range of loan amounts. You can finance any-sized project with a Rebirth Financial loan.
What are some drawbacks?
With lots of lending options and large loan amounts, Rebirth Financial still has to make its money. Consider the following before you apply:
- Upfront underwriting fee. Most reputable lenders don’t charge fees before your money is disbursed, let alone before you’re even preapproved. This raises a whole bouquet of red flags.
- No prequalify option. There’s no way to see what your options might be without having a hard credit pull, which could temporarily damage your credit. This can make it hard for you to get a good rate with other lenders.
- Small online presence. There was a lot of fanfare when Rebirth Financial launched in 2010, but now: Nothing. It’s not even mentioned on the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot sites.
- Difficult to contact. Rebirth Financial doesn’t list a phone number on its website. You can’t get immediate answers to your questions — and you’ll likely have questions, what with the hard-credit check application. The only means of contacting it is through an online form or email address. It lists a phone number on its Facebook page for an unrelated business.
Compare more business loan options
What do customers have to say about Rebirth Financial?
Almost nothing. Aside from a handful of articles announcing its launch, Rebirth Financial has a suspiciously small online presence. It doesn’t even have pages on the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot — strange for a lender that’s been around for a while.
Its social media pages aren’t very active either. Its last Facebook post was in 2015; its last Twitter post was in 2013 (when it was very active).
How do I apply?
- Go to Rebirth Financial’s website and click Find Funding Now.
- Read through your business loan options to see which might be right for you and click Apply for a Loan.
- Fill out the required fields, upload your documents and enter your credit card information to pay the $250 underwriting fee before hitting Submit. Alternately, you can download the application as a PDF and email it to Rebirth Financial.
Wait for a Rebirth Financial representative to contact you to go over your application and guide you through the rest of the borrowing process.
What documents do I need to apply?
- Five years of merchant account information (if applying for a merchant cash advance)
- Two years of business tax returns
- Your most recent business and personal bank statements
I got a business loan through Rebirth Financial. Now what?
It’s time to start repaying your loan. Set up autopay if it’s an option to avoid missing payments and paying late fees.
Keep track of your finances and make sure to contact your Rebirth Financial representative if you run into any problems with repayment.
Rebirth Financial could be a good service for small business owners looking for their first loan. Its highly-tailored lending options and personalized service could make it easier to navigate a complicated loan application process.
However, its small online presence and lack of customer support set off our alarm bells. Make sure to compare as many business loan options as you can to find the right loan for you.
Frequently asked questions