Quontic Bank Money Market account review
Earn up to 0.6% APY with no monthly fee.
finder.com’s rating: 4.6 / 5.0
The Quontic Bank Money Market lets you write checks and earn up to 0.6% APY. But to earn the highest rate, you’ll need to keep at least $150,000 in your account or else you’ll earn 0.4% or 0.5% APY, depending on your account balance.
Up to 0.60%
Minimum deposit to open
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
Expert reviewQuontic Bank Money Market is a good middle ground between a Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account and a Quontic Bank High Yield Savings account. Like most money market accounts, it comes with an ATM and earns interest.
You’ll get 0.6% APY, but only on balances as high as $150,000+. Otherwise, you’ll earn 0.5% APY on balances between $5,000 to $149,999.99 or 0.4% on balances between $0 and $4,999.99.
If you’re after a higher rate, you’re better off going with Quontic Bank High Yield Savings account which earns 0.55% APY no matter the balance. Plus, you’ll get an ATM card.
But no matter if you choose to go with the money market account or the high-yield savings, you’ll still need at least $100 to open it.
How do I open a Quontic Bank Money Market account?
It only takes a few minutes to open a Money Market account. Here’s an overview of what the signup process looks like:
- Click Apply now.
- Select Open an account.
- Under Money Market, click or tap Get started.
- Enter your full name, email and phone number. If you’re already a Quontic Bank customer, sign in to retrieve your saved info.
- Input the verification code that was emailed to you.
- Answer each question to verify your identity.
- Transfer your opening deposit from another bank account by inputting your current bank credentials using Plaid or manually entering your bank’s routing and account numbers.
To sign up for a Quontic Bank Money Market account, you’ll need to be a US citizen that’s at least 18 years old.
Have the following info on hand when applying for a new account:
- First and last name
- Residential address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- A government-issued ID
What are the benefits of a money market account with Quontic Bank?
A Quontic Bank Money Market account has several attractive features:
- No monthly maintenance fee. Quontic Bank doesn’t charge a monthly service fee for this account.
- Competitive APY. Earn up to 0.6% APY but the account is tiered, so you’ll only see that rate if you keep at least $150,000 in your account. Otherwise, you’ll earn 0.4% or 0.5% APY depending on your account balance.
What interest rate will I qualify for?
Your Annual Percentage Yield (APY) depends on how much you keep in your account:
What should I look out for?
Like most money market savings accounts, you’re limited to six monthly withdrawals. Take note of the following disadvantages of a Quontic Bank Money Market account:
- Minimum opening deposit. You’ll need to set aside $100 to open this account.
- Requires a bank account. Like most online accounts, it only accepts bank-to-bank transfers to fund the account. So you’ll need another bank account to open and fund it.
Quontic Bank’s ATM network and feesQuontic Bank teams up with four ATM networks to provide 90,000 surcharge-free ATMs. Get access to your cash from:
- AllPoint Network.
- MoneyPass Network.
- SUM program.
- Citibank ATMs located in Target, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, Speedway, Safeway, Winn Dixie and Circle K.
If you use an out-of-network ATM, Quontic Bank won’t charge a non-network fee but the ATM owner might.
Compare Quontic Bank Money Market with other savings accounts
See how this account compares to other savings accounts by comparing monthly fees, APYs and minimum opening deposits.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
There are several ways to access the cash in your Money Market account:
- Account transfers
- Direct deposit or ACH transfer
- Wire transfers
- Remote check deposit via its mobile app
- Debit card purchases
- ATM withdrawals
- Paper checks
- Bill pay
- Account transfers
- Wire transfers
What other savings options does Quontic Bank offer?
Barring its Money Market account, Quontic Bank has two other savings products:
- Quontic Bank High Yield Savings. A savings account with a 0.55% APY on any balance with no monthly fee and a complimentary ATM card.
- Quontic Bank CD. Certificates of deposit with a $500 minimum deposit, terms between six months and five years and interest rates up to 1.2% APY.
How to contact Quontic Bank about my savings account?
Get support for your Quontic Bank Money Market account by:
- Live chatting with a customer service representative weekdays 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
- Calling 800-908-6600 weekdays 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
- Emailing email@example.com.
Savings account ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top savings accounts and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: interest rates, monthly fees, minimum deposits, customer service and account features.