You might be able to get same-day funding at a payday loan store near you.
Many legit providers offer in-store applications from brick-and-mortar locations, allowing you to complete the loan process in just a few minutes — and possibly walking out with cash in hand on the same day.
Speedy Cash Short-term Loans
Get a short-term loan online, in-store or via phone. Approved funds can be loaded onto an Opt+® Visa® prepaid debit card, subject to state availability.
- Minimum loan amount: $100
- Maximum loan amount: $5,000
- Turnaround time: As soon as next business day
- Loan term: Varies by state
- Must be 18+ years old (19+ in AL) and have valid ID, proof of steady income, an open checking account and working phone number.
Where to get a payday loan near me
When you’re looking for a payday loan, start by searching online for stores near your home or work address. Results can give you an idea of your available options, helping you to weed out lenders that only operate online.
Many in-store lenders maintain websites that highlight the potential loan terms and fees they offer before you visit a store. If you find one that looks like it fits your needs, simply go to that lender’s store to complete an application.
Top lenders with store locations
The six lenders below are top providers that operate online as well as out of physical locations. Note that the loan amounts we report in our table vary by state, which means you may not find the maximum amount listed available where you live.
Click the Go to site button next to a lender that interests you to start your application online and pick up cash in-store if approved.
|Provider||States with store locations||Loan amounts|
|Check Into Cash||Alabama, California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming||$50–$1,000||Go to site|
|ACE Cash Express||California, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia||Varies by state||Go to site|
|Cash Store||Idaho, Illinois, Michigan, New Mexico, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin||$100, up to $5,000 depending on state of residence and subject to approval||Go to site|
|Speedy Cash||Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, North Dakota, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming||$100–$5,000||Go to site|
|Advance America||Alabama, California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming||$50–$1,075||Read review|
|Check N Go||Alabama, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Tennessee and Texas||$100–$1,000||Read review|
4 steps to finding the nearest payday loan location
To find a nearby payday loan location in your neck of the woods:
- Confirm that your state permits payday loans.
- Search online for lenders in your area, or see if your city is listed our directory of payday loans by city.
- Narrow down your options by comparing the potential loan’s amount, store hours and repayment dates.
- Visit the store to complete your application or start the application online to pick up cash at the store.
If you live in a remote location, you might find limited options.
What can I expect with an in-store payday loan?
After you’ve found a lender you want to work with, visit that lender’s store to begin applying for your loan. You’ll typically need to provide government-issued ID and, in many cases, a postdated check that your lender will cash when your loan is due. Some lenders also require proof of income and proof of residence to approve your application.
If approved, your lender might offer an option to fund your loan instantly. This means you could walk out with cash or a check to use toward whatever you need.
Ask a store employee to walk you through any questions you have about the application process, loan funding or repayment so that you fully understand any contract you sign.
Should I get an online loan instead?
It may be better to borrow online if you:
- Don’t have access to a car. An online payday loan can be useful if you don’t have access to transportation and the nearest store location isn’t within walking distance. With an online lender, the full process — from applying to receiving your funds to repaying your loan — takes place online.
- Don’t need immediate funds. Payday loans are designed to cover an emergency. But if you can wait a day or two for processing with an online lender, you might save yourself a trip.
- Already understand the loan process. If this isn’t your first payday loan, you might not need immediate answers about the process. In this case, you can save the hassle by completing an application through an online provider.
Compare online payday loans from top providers
Payday loans weren’t always available online. Although online loans come with many perks, you might just prefer to go to an in-store lender in your neighborhood to borrow emergency funds.
Visiting a payday loan store can help you access the funds you need quickly. Check out our comprehensive guide to payday loans to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of any short-term lender before you borrow.