Oracle Loans business loans review
Unsecured business loans up to $500,000 with low APRs.
Got a business less than a year old? Looking for up to $250,000 in financing? Oracle Loans might be just what you’re looking for. With this business loan marketplace, new businesses that are at least six months old with a personal credit score of 680 or higher can potentially qualify for a startup loan. And more established companies might be able to get up to $500,000 in financing with one of its unsecured business loan programs. Rates might not be as competitive as other lenders, however. Read on to learn if Oracle is right for your business.
First, am I eligible?
To meet Oracle Loans’ partners’ most basic eligibility requirement for an unsecured business loan, you must have a personal credit score of 680 or higher.
For its startup loan, it mentions you must be in business for at least six months and have at least $10,000 in monthly deposits, but it doesn’t state any time or revenue requirements for its other unsecured business loan programs.
What’s an Oracle Loans business loan?
Oracle Loans is an online business loan marketplace. Direct lender and online broker Strategic Capital handles its unsecured business loans that range from $5,000 to $500,000 Starting at 5.49% APR with terms from 12 to 240 months. It offers four different programs, though there are few differences between them.
Up to 20 years
Up to 20 years
Up to 20 years
In addition to unsecured term loans, Oracle Loans’ partners also offer:
- Secured term loans. Score a more competitive rate on your business term loan by backing it with real estate, equipment, luxury assets and more.
- Business lines of credit. Instead of getting all your funds at once, this option lets you access money as you need it and pay it off with a monthly minimum, similar to a credit card.
- Real estate loans. Oracle Loans can connect your business with partners that offer traditional real estate financing as well as hard money loans, bridge loans, commercial loans and even residential loans.
What makes Oracle Loans unique?
Oracle Loans is one of a handful of options for new business owners. It also offers a relatively wide range of loan amounts compared to other online lenders. Turnaround time is relatively quick depending on the program you choose, with the potential to get your funds in just one business day.
It’s also uniquely confusing. From the site, it’s difficult to tell that Oracle is a marketplace that connects businesses with its partners — which are sometimes also marketplaces. This can make it unclear who you’re dealing with and which privacy policies or terms and conditions apply. It also lists three different loan programs that seemingly offer the same thing.
What are the benefits of a business loan from Oracle Loans?
- Startup financing. You might not be able to get funds to start a new business, but Oracle has a lending program for businesses in the startup phase.
- Competitive rates for larger loans. If you and your business qualify for the Gold unsecured business loan program, rates go low as Starting at 5.49%.
What to watch out for
- Poorly designed site. While there’s lots of information online about Oracle, it’s sometimes hard to weed through. It’s also not clear how Oracle works from the site alone and the link to its FAQ page doesn’t work as of July 2018.
- Origination and processing fees. Strategic Capital deducts an origination and processing fee from your funds before your business receives them.
Compare more business loan providers
Oracle Loans reviews and complaints
Almost nothing, though what’s there is mixed. It gets an A rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) based on factors like how it handles complaints and advertising practices. As of July 2018, it only has one review on its BBB page and none on its Trustpilot page.
The one review was from a satisfied former customer who said they were able to qualify for the lowest 5.49% APR with monthly repayments. They said it took about a week from start to finish and would likely go back to Oracle Loans for financing in the future.
However, some former applicants were less impressed. One mentioned that they decided to pursue other options after it charged a 10% fee to open a line of credit, which they said worked more like a business credit card. It also appears that Oracle Loans was falsely advertising an affiliation with real estate loan hub BiggerPockets — a red flag.
How do I get financing?
Before you fill out the form for business financing through Oracle Loans, make sure you know what program is best for your business’s needs.
The only main eligibility requirement mentioned for all of its unsecured business loans is a personal credit score of at least 680. However, to qualify for one of its startup loans, you must be in business for at least six months and make at least $10,000 a month.
- Go to the Oracle Loans website and click Apply.
- Select the type of loan you’d like: Lines of Credit, Business Loans or Real Estate Loans
- Fill out the required fields and hit Submit.
- Wait for Oracle Loans to get in touch to learn more about your business and request documents.
- Follow the instructions to submit your documents and wait for Oracle Loans to reach out with an offer.
- Review and sign your loan documents.
- Wait for the funds to be disbursed to your business’s bank account.
Funding time varies by program. Startup loans can get you funding the same day you submit your signed documents if you do so before 12 p.m. ET. Gold program loans can take about a week to fund.
What documents do I need?
To fill out Oracle Loans’ preapproval form, you don’t need to provide any documents. You’ll just need to enter:
- Your full name, email and phone number
- How much you’re looking to borrow
- The purpose of your funds
- Your business’s name, industry and time in business
- The state your business is located in
- Your personal credit score
My business got a loan. Now what?
What happens next depends on the lender you’re connected with. Whichever program your business borrows through, consider asking if you can sign up for automatic repayments. That way you won’t have to take the time to make a repayment each time it’s due. Reach out to customer service by calling 888-460-4518 or your point of contact if you have any questions.
Oracle Loans could be best for startups that have had trouble qualifying for a loan because they haven’t been around for too long. More-established business owners might also benefit from the competitive rates offered through the Gold program. However, with such a sloppy site and limited online ratings, you might want to go with another lender.
To learn more about your business loan options, check out our guide. There, you can compare more lenders and find out how different types of business financing work.
Frequently asked questions
Image source: OracleLoans.com