NBKC Business Checking Review
Focus on your business without worrying about pesky bank fees.
With no transaction fees, NBKC’s Business Checking Account could be a good fit for small business owners looking to minimize extra costs. But customer service is limited as representatives can only be reached during regular business.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Cassidy Horton is a writer for Finder, specializing in banking and investments. She has a Bachelor of Science in Public Relations and a Master of Business Administration from Georgia Southern University. Cassidy enjoys educating people about financial services, exploring the Pacific Northwest and watching endless reruns of The Office.
With no transaction, maintenance, or overdraft fees, the NBKC Business Checking Account is a good fit for small business owners looking to minimize bank fees. Business managers and owners can activate add-ons for a monthly fee that will help with managing the business’s financial activities.
However, compared to other online banks, NBKC’s customer service is quite limited, as NBKC can only be reached via phone or email during business hours.
How do I open a business checking account?
To open the NBKC Business Checking account:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- From the official NBKC website, navigate to the Business Checking Account page. Click Apply for an account.
- Read the eligibility criteria and click Get Started.
- Enter your personal and business information.
- Upload a photo of your business documents and government-issued ID.
- Provide additional signers’ information if applicable.
- Review and submit your application.
NBKC will review your application once submitted. You’ll receive an email if NBKC needs any additional information.
To apply for the NBKC Business Checking Account, there are some eligibility criteria to meet:
- U.S. citizen or resident
- At least 18 years old
- Authorized to open accounts on the business’s behalf
- Must be the business’s controlling manager
Have this information ready when opening your account:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Government-issued ID number
- Legal documents for your business
- Social Security number
- EIN number
What are the benefits of NBKC’s checking account?
The NBKC Business Checking account is FDIC insured and has these perks:
- Low opening deposit. All you need is $5 to open the NBKC Business Checking account, compared to other business checking accounts that require upwards of $1,500.
- No hidden fees. NBKC doesn’t charge anything for overdrafts, monthly maintenance, stop payment requests, incoming domestic wires and more.
- Customizable. For a monthly fee, you can customize your account with add-on features like payroll, in-office check deposits, ACH bill collection services and more.
- Unlimited transactions. Some business checking accounts give you 500 free deposits a month, then charge you a fee if you go over. But NBKC Business Checking has unlimited free transactions.
What should I look out for?
While the NBKC Business Checking account has many perks, there are a few things to look out for:
- Wire transfer fees. NBKC is light on fees, but you’ll still pay $5 for outgoing domestic wires and $45 to send or receive international wires.
- Limited customer service. Most online banks have ’round the clock customer support, but NBKC is only available during normal business hours.
NBKC’s network and fees
Dip your NBKC Business Debit Mastercard into 34,000 MoneyPass ATMs nationwide for free. NBKC reimburses up to $12 in non-network ATM fees each month.
Compare with other business checking accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
Even though NBKC is an online bank, there are still several ways to access your money:
- Direct deposit
- Cash deposit at ATM
- Check deposit via mobile app
- Check depo
- Deposit at a branch location
- Wire transfer
- Transfer from another account
- At an ATM
- At a branch location
- Wire transfer
- Transfer to another account
What other checking options does NBKC offer?
Besides the NBKC Business Checking account, NBKC offers one personal checking option:
- The NBKC Everything Account. By combining a checking and savings account into one, the NBKC Everything Account offers 0.5% APY as well as no overdraft or maintenance fees.