Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Yamaha motorcycle insurance rates
High theft rates means you may need more coverage.
How much is Yamaha insurance?
Insuring a motorcycle typically costs less than insuring a car, with the average motorcycle premiums ranging from anywhere from $280 to $900. And with Yamaha being the second-most stolen bike in the US, you might consider adding comprehensive coverage to your plan.
Yamaha motorcycles have relatively low prices, so expect to find affordable motorcycle insurance, barring any personal factors like a sketchy riding history. For example, a 30-year-old with a couple years of riding experience living in Florida looking to insure their YZF-R6 can find basic coverage prices ranging from $92 a month, up to $215 a month for full coverage with all the bells and whistles.
How to compare insurance for Yamaha motorcycles
Factors that can determine the cost of your policy can include:
- MRSP. Yamaha can cost between $1,000 and $27,000 . The more expensive your bike, the higher your premium.
- Theft rates. Yamahas have a high theft rate — the second highest after Hondas. Your insurance will be higher, and adding on comprehensive coverage might be a good idea.
- Coverage options. Liability-only insurance is cheap, but it could leave you underinsured. Consider adding collision and comprehensive if you drive a newer Yamaha or it’s your daily ride.
- Deductible. You can save money on your premium by choosing a higher deductible. But make sure that higher deductible won’t put you in a financial hard spot if you ever need to make a claim.
- Discounts. Most insurance providers offer discounts — some more than others. When comparing insurance companies, look for opportunities to save, like for staying accident free and insuring more than one vehicle.
- Membership discounts. Many insurance providers offer discounts to members of riding organizations, like Yamaha’s STAR Touring and Riding club.
- Warranty. Your Yamaha comes with a one-year unlimited mile warranty on repairs, but it doesn’t come with towing. You might want to consider adding roadside assistance to your insurance policy to be covered if you ever need a tow.
Yamaha car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Get motorcycle insurance for your Yamaha
To get a deal on your insurance premium for this popular ride, see if you qualify for discounts and get the coverage you need. Compare your options from a number of providers.
Frequently asked questions about Yamaha insurance
More guides on Finder
Guardian dental insurance review 2021
This insurer has four dental plans to choose from — compare costs and features now.
Lemonade life insurance review
This fintech just branched out into low-cost life insurance — but its lineup is limited.
Combined life insurance review March 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
How can you use your health savings account (HSA) as a retirement investment?
A health savings account (HSA) can help you get prepared for your retirement. Learn more.
Wagmo pet insurance review Mar 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Original Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage
Compare the costs, coverage and eligibility of these two popular plans.
Compare home renovation insurance
Transform your home without leaving insurance gaps while your home’s under construction.
What’s the average 401(k) balance by age?
How does your 401(k) balance compare?
How to get life insurance after a DUI or driving offense
A poor driving record may result in higher rates on your life insurance, with some insurers turning you away altogether.
Compare decreasing term life insurance
Save money by targeting your coverage to your largest debts.