We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Yamaha motorcycle insurance rates
High theft rates means you may need more coverage.
How much is Yamaha insurance?
Insuring a motorcycle typically costs less than insuring a car, with the average motorcycle premiums ranging from anywhere from $280 to $900. And with Yamaha being the second-most stolen bike in the US, you might consider adding comprehensive coverage to your plan.
Yamaha motorcycles have relatively low prices, so expect to find affordable motorcycle insurance, barring any personal factors like a sketchy riding history. For example, a 30-year-old with a couple years of riding experience living in Florida looking to insure their YZF-R6 can find basic coverage prices ranging from $92 a month, up to $215 a month for full coverage with all the bells and whistles.
Get motorcycle insurance for your Yamaha
How to compare insurance for Yamaha motorcycles
Factors that can determine the cost of your policy can include:
- MRSP. Yamaha can cost between $1,000 and $27,000 . The more expensive your bike, the higher your premium.
- Theft rates. Yamahas have a high theft rate — the second highest after Hondas. Your insurance will be higher, and adding on comprehensive coverage might be a good idea.
- Coverage options. Liability-only insurance is cheap, but it could leave you underinsured. Consider adding collision and comprehensive if you drive a newer Yamaha or it’s your daily ride.
- Deductible. You can save money on your premium by choosing a higher deductible. But make sure that higher deductible won’t put you in a financial hard spot if you ever need to make a claim.
- Discounts. Most insurance providers offer discounts — some more than others. When comparing insurance companies, look for opportunities to save, like for staying accident free and insuring more than one vehicle.
- Membership discounts. Many insurance providers offer discounts to members of riding organizations, like Yamaha’s STAR Touring and Riding club.
- Warranty. Your Yamaha comes with a one-year unlimited mile warranty on repairs, but it doesn’t come with towing. You might want to consider adding roadside assistance to your insurance policy to be covered if you ever need a tow.
Yamaha car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
To get a deal on your insurance premium for this popular ride, see if you qualify for discounts and get the coverage you need. Compare your options from a number of providers.
Frequently asked questions about Yamaha insurance
Read more on this topic
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.
Temporary motorcycle insurance Navigate which type of temporary insurance you need for your bike and how to start the policy.
Motorcycle insurance vs. car insurance The difference goes beyond covering an extra pair of wheels.
Does motorcycle insurance cover a borrowed bike? Your policy might offer protection, but the damage covered varies by provider.
Illinois moped laws & insurance requirements You’ll need the same insurance as motorcycles, but double-check licensing and headlight visibility rules.
How to insure a motorcycle with a salvage title Salvage your bike’s roadworthy reputation with a safety-focused rebuild and rebuilt title, then get insurance.