Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates
Narrow down the best coverage for your luxury bike before hitting the road.
How to compare insurance for BMW motorcycles
BMW is considered a luxury brand, and so you might find cheaper coverage with specialty insurance. When considering the cost of your policy, also weigh:
- The deductible. The lower your deductible, generally the higher your premium. Choose an amount that keeps you in a comfortable financial situation.
- Minimum coverage. Learn the required coverage to hit the road in your state. Liability usually is required, but personal injury protection can pick up where your health insurance leaves off after an accident.
- Additional coverage. You may want stronger coverage than the minimum for your luxury bike. Collision and comprehensive coverage can pay for the cost of repairs after a crash.
- Lay-up insurance. If you store your bike over winter, this reduced coverage keeps your bike safe against theft and damage while off the road.
- Discounts. Ask about discounts for full payments, multipolicies or safe driving. MetLife and other providers may offer discounts for joining the BMW Owners of America.
- Warranty benefits. BMW Motorrad offers a three-year warranty with no mileage limit, which includes free repairs and limited towing coverage wherever you are. Adding roadside assistance to your policy can provide more comprehensive coverage.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Get motorcycle insurance for your BMW
What you’ll pay to cover your luxury BMW motorcycle depends on where you live, your driving history and the amount of coverage you need. Compare multiple motorcycle insurance providers to find the lowest rates and strongest discounts you’re eligible for.
Frequently asked questions about BMW bike insurance
More guides on Finder
Combined life insurance review February 2021
Find unusually low face values for a whole life policy, ideal for supplemental insurance.
Wagmo pet insurance review Feb 2021
Get pet insurance that reimburses 100% of your vet bills or a separate wellness plan.
Original Medicare vs. Medicare Advantage
Compare the costs, coverage and eligibility of these two popular plans.
Compare decreasing term life insurance
Save money by targeting your coverage to your largest debts.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare garage door installation services
Plus, 6 questions to ask to find the right professional for the job.
Talkspace review Feb 2021
Send unlimited messages to your therapist for $260 a month with this app.
Virtuwell review Feb 2021
This virtual clinic has an innovative model that cuts down your waiting time — but it’s not for everyone.
Will health insurance cover the COVID-19 vaccine?
Find out if your health insurance will pay for the COVID-19 vaccine when it’s released.