Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates
Narrow down the best coverage for your luxury bike before hitting the road.
How to compare insurance for BMW motorcycles
BMW is considered a luxury brand, and so you might find cheaper coverage with specialty insurance. When considering the cost of your policy, also weigh:
- The deductible. The lower your deductible, generally the higher your premium. Choose an amount that keeps you in a comfortable financial situation.
- Minimum coverage. Learn the required coverage to hit the road in your state. Liability usually is required, but personal injury protection can pick up where your health insurance leaves off after an accident.
- Additional coverage. You may want stronger coverage than the minimum for your luxury bike. Collision and comprehensive coverage can pay for the cost of repairs after a crash.
- Lay-up insurance. If you store your bike over winter, this reduced coverage keeps your bike safe against theft and damage while off the road.
- Discounts. Ask about discounts for full payments, multipolicies or safe driving. MetLife and other providers may offer discounts for joining the BMW Owners of America.
- Warranty benefits. BMW Motorrad offers a three-year warranty with no mileage limit, which includes free repairs and limited towing coverage wherever you are. Adding roadside assistance to your policy can provide more comprehensive coverage.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Get motorcycle insurance for your BMW
What you’ll pay to cover your luxury BMW motorcycle depends on where you live, your driving history and the amount of coverage you need. Compare multiple motorcycle insurance providers to find the lowest rates and strongest discounts you’re eligible for.
Frequently asked questions about BMW bike insurance
More guides on Finder
How to get life insurance as a freelancer
As a freelancer you may have unpredictable cashflow, but you can still find income protection with term life insurance.
What cars are made in America?
Check out the top 50 American car models, and find out what makes them American.
How much does pet insurance cost for cats?
Discover insurance costs for your cat’s specific breed, based on the 40 breeds we analyzed.
Car insurance for drivers 25 to 40 years old
Take advantage of the lowest minimum coverage rates by earning all the discounts you can.
How does Open Enrollment work?
Find out when you can enroll in health insurance for 2021, and compare policies.
Is supplemental disability insurance right for me?
If you’re concerned your group disability insurance won’t replace enough of your income if you experience a disability, you can buy supplemental disability insurance.
How much will I get from disability insurance?
Disability insurance typically pays out between 40% and 80% of your income, but will depend on the type of policy you have.
People are still dying after more than 6 years of Takata recalls – are you at risk?
Know your rights if your car has defective Takata air bags, and learn how to find your car’s manufacturer recalls.
Heacock Classic car insurance review November 2020
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.