Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates
Narrow down the best coverage for your luxury bike before hitting the road.
How to compare insurance for BMW motorcycles
BMW is considered a luxury brand, and so you might find cheaper coverage with specialty insurance. When considering the cost of your policy, also weigh:
- The deductible. The lower your deductible, generally the higher your premium. Choose an amount that keeps you in a comfortable financial situation.
- Minimum coverage. Learn the required coverage to hit the road in your state. Liability usually is required, but personal injury protection can pick up where your health insurance leaves off after an accident.
- Additional coverage. You may want stronger coverage than the minimum for your luxury bike. Collision and comprehensive coverage can pay for the cost of repairs after a crash.
- Lay-up insurance. If you store your bike over winter, this reduced coverage keeps your bike safe against theft and damage while off the road.
- Discounts. Ask about discounts for full payments, multipolicies or safe driving. MetLife and other providers may offer discounts for joining the BMW Owners of America.
- Warranty benefits. BMW Motorrad offers a three-year warranty with no mileage limit, which includes free repairs and limited towing coverage wherever you are. Adding roadside assistance to your policy can provide more comprehensive coverage.
BMW motorcycle insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly Insurance Rate||Base motorcycle price|
Get motorcycle insurance for your BMW
What you’ll pay to cover your luxury BMW motorcycle depends on where you live, your driving history and the amount of coverage you need. Compare multiple motorcycle insurance providers to find the lowest rates and strongest discounts you’re eligible for.
Frequently asked questions about BMW bike insurance
Read more on this topic
Compare motorcycle insurance in Arizona See why riders pay $150 above the US average for insurance, despite Arizona’s low minimum requirements.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Georgia Motorcycle crashes and major cities could weigh into your premium in Georgia.
Compare motorcycle insurance in North Carolina North Carolina may have high motorcycle insurance requirements, but premiums hover slightly above the national average.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Pennsylvania Pennsylvania sticks to the US average for bike insurance with many quality companies to choose from.
Compare motorcycle insurance in Massachusetts Bike insurance costs a bit more than the national average, but packed cities may skew this number.
Does motorcycle coverage include death benefits? Ease the burden on loved ones for funeral or medical expenses.
Honda motorcycle insurance rates Compare insurance policies for your Honda motorcycle to find the best fit for your ride.
How to register your new motorcycle You’ll need to prove ownership and insurance before getting your license plate handed to you.
Compare commercial fleet insurance for motorcycles Find customized coverage fit for your rental customers or crew.
Does auto insurance cover other vehicles? Your car insurance should include basic liability for many types of vehicles, from bicycles and RVs to motorcycles.