Disclaimer: This information is not financial advice or an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service or offering. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile and high risk. Do your own research and seek financial advice before buying. And make sure the provider you're interested in is available in your state.
Huobi Global cryptocurrency exchange review
|Product Name||Huobi Cryptocurrency Exchange|
|Fiat Currencies||GBP, USD, AUD, EUR, INR, BRL, KHR, CAD,CNY, NZD & 15+ more|
|Cryptocurrencies||BTC, BCH, ETH, XRP, LTC, DOT, DASH, ETC, EOS, QTUM & 240+ more|
Huobi Global vs. Huobi
Huobi Global is not available to US customers, but can be accessed by residents of other countries around the world.
Which fiat and cryptocurrencies are supported?
- Supported fiat currencies: GBP, USD, AUD, EUR, INR, BRL, KHR, CAD,CNY, NZD & 15+ more
- Supported cryptocurrencies: Approximately 347 cryptocurrencies
Which payment methods are accepted?
Fees and limits
Platform trading fees
The base crypto to crypto trade fee is 0.2% for all pairs. This can be reduced through high trading volumes.
|Trade volume (30 day USDT)||Maker fee||Taker fee|
|0 to 5 million||0.2%||0.2%|
|5 to 10 million||0.04%||0.060%|
|10 to 15 million||0.035%||0.055%|
|15 to 25 million||0.030%||0.055%|
|25 to 35 million||0.030%||0.045%|
|35 to 70 million||0.025%||0.040%|
|70 to 150 million||0.025%||0.035%|
|150 to 300 million||0.025%||0.030%|
The rate for fiat to crypto trades depends on whether you are placing an order (maker) or are taking an existing order (taker) and the currencies you’re trading.
|Currency||Maker fee||Taker fee|
|CNY – BTC/ETH||0.0%||0%|
|CNY – USDT/HUSD||0.0%||0%|
|CNY – EOS/HT/XRP, LTC||0.2%||0%|
|All other trades||0.7%||0%|
Deposit and withdrawal fees
Network fees apply to cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals, while fiat currency fees will vary depending on the payment method and the currencies.
The withdrawal limits will similarly vary depending on the currency or cryptocurrency being withdrawn and whether or not you’re a verified user.
You can find your limits on the withdraw screen when you are logged in.
How fast will my funds be available?
The number of confirmations required for deposits varies depending on the cryptocurrency. It will typically take a few minutes.
The number of confirmations required for cryptocurrency withdrawals varies, but it will typically take more confirmations than deposits.
Is Huobi Global safe to use?
- Regulation. Huobi Global is incorporated in the Seychelles and may not be legal or regulated in your jurisdiction. If you use Huobi, you are responsible for ensuring you are complying with any relevant laws and regulations of your jurisdiction.
- Verification process. Huobi Global does not require verification for all users, but reserves the right to request the information needed to verify any customers in line with its AML/KYC obligations. Verification is required for higher withdrawal limits.
- Security features. Huobi Global has been in operation since 2013 and it says it follows industry best practices such as keeping ~98% of user funds in cold storage at any given time. It claims to have an “investor protection fund” which can be used to reimburse affected users in the event of a hack.
Compare alternatives to Huobi Global
Not yet rated
|Go to site|
BTC, BCH, BSV, ADA, DOGE, EOS, ETC, FIL, XLM, ZEC & 50+ more
Bank transfer (ACH), Debit card, PayPal, Wire transfer, Apple Pay
Instant Card Withdrawal: Up to 1.5% of the transaction plus a minimum of $0.55
Not yet rated
|Go to site|
BTC, ETH, BCH, XRP, DASH, LTC, ETC, ADA, MIOTA, XLM & 30+ more
Bank transfer, Credit card, Debit card, Neteller, PayPal, Online banking, Skrill
Fees vary. Overnight and weekend fees apply
US$5 (minimum withdrawal of US$50)
Not yet rated
|Go to site|
BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, EOS, FET, LTC, ADA, XLM, KDA & 200+ more
Credit card, Cryptocurrency, PayPal, TransferWise, SEPA
Cryptocurrency: Fees vary
Compare more providers
How do I create an account at Huobi Global?
To get started with your account:
- Go to the website and select Sign Up.
- Enter details such as your nationality, password choice and either your email address or phone number.
- Confirm your phone number or email. You’ll receive a message to the specified phone number or email address. Follow the prompts in that message to finish signing up.
What else do I need to know about Huobi Global?
Huobi Global has been in operation since 2013. It was formerly based in China but has moved around the world as regulations change in different locations.
It’s currently incorporated in the Seychelles.
In a nutshell
- Wide selection. Huobi Global offers a wide range of coins.
- Good liquidity. As a large and well-known exchange, Huobi Global has deeper liquidity than many other exchanges.
- Feature-filled. Huobi Global offers a range of features such as margin trading, fiat currency order books and more.
- Loosely regulated. Trading on Huobi Global is done largely at your own risk.
- Not ideal for beginners. The wide range of features and limited regulatory protections mean Huobi Global may not be an ideal choice for beginners.
Frequently asked questions
What countries does Huobi Global support?
Huobi Global is an international exchange, but does not allow users from the United States and may bar residents of other countries as well.
Is there a Huobi Global app?
Yes. You can download the app for iOS or Android.
What’s the verification process for Huobi Global?
Verification is not required to sign up on Huobi Global but is required to access higher withdrawal limits.
What customer support does Huobi Global offer?
You can contact Huobi Global customer service via the details provided in the help center. However, some users report encountering language barriers when contacting Huobi customer service.