Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Theta Network (THETA)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling THETA in the US.
How to buy Theta Network
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Theta Network.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports THETA.
Most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Theta Network.
- Buy Theta Network.
Complete your Theta Network purchase and then find the best wallet to store THETA.
What is Theta Network?
In its most basic sense, Theta is a decentralized video streaming platform that looks to eliminate many of the issues — related to HQ data relay, centralization, censorship — that are currently being faced by traditional platforms like Youtube. It achieves this by making use of a distributed network that consists of users all over the world who voluntarily provide the ecosystem with their excess computing resources in lieu of Theta Fuel (TFuel) tokens.
THETA is the native governance token of the Theta protocol. Individuals who own substantial sums of the currency can act as validators or guardian nodes. Not only that, there is a hard cap on the total number of THETA that can ever come into existence, i.e. 1,000,000,000 tokens, making the currency immune to various inflation-based supply problems.
Theta Network (THETA) is the 16th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $11,136,550,846. The current price of Theta Network is $11.220, which is -0.924% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $12.150 and $10.830 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of April 22, 2021 03:04 UTC.
Where to buy Theta NetworkFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade THETA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Theta Network coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of THETA over time.
Theta Network at a glance
|Total THETA supply||1,000,000,000|
Theta Network price performance over time
How to sell Theta Network
You can cash out your THETA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have THETA on.
If you store your Theta Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of THETA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Theta Network.
What to consider when buying Theta Network
- Unique Operational Setup: Using its decentralized framework — which depends largely on the computing power of its users — Theta is able to relay high-quality videos through its network at relatively low costs.
- Censorship-resistant: One of the many issues that have become quite prominent in recent times is that of tech censorship. Many people around the globe feel that they are being targeted unfairly by many Silicon Valley giants for simply holding views that are not similar to theirs. Theta seeks to change all that, allowing for the transmission of digital media content in a totally immutable, censorship-resistant manner.
- Solid backing team: The platform is fronted by CEO Mitch Liu and CTO Jieyi Long. Liu has previously been associated with the MIT Media Lab and was also the co-founder of mobile ad company Tapjoy, which by the time he quit, had an annual revenue sum of $100 mln. Furthermore, Theta has also been able to bring in the co-founders of YouTube and Twitch to its advisory panel.
- Limitations: Potential investors should be wary of the fact that all deposits done on the Theta platform are irreversible and totally non-refundable.
- NFT incorporation: Theta’s Mainnet 3.0 features an NFT marketplace that allows users to explore this fast-evolving space. Not only that, the integration also allows for the development of cross-chain bridges between Theta, Ethereum, and other blockchain ecosystems, enabling the decentralized storage of various NFTs in a highly efficient manner.
Ask an Expert