Need an installment loan? This connection service could help you find the right lender.
When you’re tight on cash and time, a short-term loan connection service can be a handy way to get the extra money you need. Green Dollar Loans has a network of both installment loan lenders and auto title loan lenders. But its limited contact information and lack of reviews might not make it your top choice when looking for a lender.
What is Green Dollar Loans?
Green Dollar Loans is a connection service. Rather than directly funding your loan, it will search through its network of lenders and connect you with one that suits your needs.
Its lenders specialize in providing both installment loans and auto title loans to residents of both the US and Canada. You won’t need good credit to apply, and you may be able to borrow between $500 and $10,000.
If you’re connected with a lender, you’ll repay the amount you borrow in installments. Loan terms can last up to 3 years. And if you end up needing to refinance your loan, Green Dollar can help you find an extension option.
What are the benefits of using Green Dollar Loans?
- Quick process. The application is short, and you’ll be contacted by a representative within 15 minutes after you submit. If you’re connected with a lender, Green Dollar Loans claims you may be able to get your funds within a business day.
- Extensive network. Green Dollar Loans has lenders in its network across the US and Canada. However, it doesn’t state which states it services. You’ll have to call for that information.
- Large loan amount. The lenders in Green Dollar Loans’ network may be able to offer up to $10,000.
What to watch out for
- No borrower reviews. There isn’t a Better Business Bureau (BBB) or Trustpilot page. Until you apply, you won’t know what types of lenders are in its network or how it treats potential borrowers.
- Limited contact info. Green Dollar Loans has a contact phone number and email form. That’s it. There’s no information about its parent company or where it’s located, which can be a sign of a disreputable service.
- Short application. Although a short application is often a good thing, Green Dollar Loans’ application may be too short. It only asks for your basic contact info then instructs you to call for more – this isn’t necessarily a good sign.
Compare Green Dollar Loans with other lenders
Beware of shady promisesAlthough Green Dollar Loans has safety measures up, it does make a few promises that some borrowers might consider red flags. Not only does it claim instant approval, but it also states that you may be able to get same-day funding.
It’s definitely worthwhile to check out the lenders it connects you with to be sure they’re legit.
Is it safe to apply with Green Dollar Loans?
Of course, you have to opt in to email and text message notifications. If you decide you no longer want these, you can choose to stop receiving them at any time.
Am I eligible?
Since Green Dollar Loans is a connection service, you’ll only have to meet some basic eligibility criteria to be connected to a lender.
- You must have proof of a government-issued ID
- You must have a regular source of income
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of the US or Canada
- You must be at least 18 years old
For auto title loans, you’ll also need to provide proof of insurance and registration as well as a lien-free vehicle title.
How do I apply?
Green Dollar Loans has a quick application. You’ll only need to provide your desired loan amount, your name, your phone number, your email address and your zip code.
Once you do, Green Dollar Loans will contact you within 15 minutes. When you speak to a loan specialist over the phone, be prepared with the following:
- Your residential status and residential address
- Details about your employment and income
- Details from an acceptable form of govern-issued ID
I was connected with a lender. Now what?
If you’re connected to a lender, you’ll need to discuss exact terms with it. The exact amount you’re able to borrow will depend on your financial situation and the laws of your state or province.
A longer loan term can lead to smaller installments, but you end up paying more in interest. Before you accept the loan’s contract, take time to review it carefully so you know how much you’ll be paying. You should also know what fees the lender will charge you and how long your loan term will be.
Are short-term loans available in my state?
Using a loan connection service like Green Dollar Loans can save you time, but it’s important to check out each lender individually before you apply.
If you want to work through a direct lender instead, you can browse our guide to installment loans or read up on auto title loans to be sure you know the rules and regulations before you agree to a loan.