Deposit $1 to receive a 2.25% APY with no minimum balance requirements.
This high-yield online savings account from First National Bank of Omaha offers competitive interest, no monthly fees and ATM access. But check deposits could take up to 10 days to clear and customer service is limited.
|Minimum deposit to open||$1|
|Minimum balance to earn interest||$0.01|
|Monthly transaction limit||6|
What are the benefits of a savings account with FNBO Direct?
In addition to no minimum balance requirements and mobile banking, the FNBO Direct Online Savings account comes with the following:
- Competitive APY. Grow your savings with a respectable 2.1% APY on any amount you deposit.
- $1 opening deposit. You only need a dollar to open this account.
- Pay digitally. This savings account is compatible with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Visa Checkout.
- No monthly fees. No need to worry about monthly maintenance fees pairing down your savings — this account doesn’t have any.
What should I look out for?
Aside from ATM fees at non-FNBO ATMs and the standard six-transfer monthly limit, be mindful of the following:
- No international wire transfers. This account offers $15 domestic wire transfers, but no international wire transfers.
- Hold on deposits. Electronic transfers take up to three days to post to your account and check deposits may be held for up to 10 business days from the date it’s deposited.
- No in-person support. FNBO Direct is an online bank, which means customer support is limited to telephone and email inquiries.
Compare with other savings accounts
How do I open an account?
- Go to FNBO’s website and click Start saving.
- Enter your full name, Social Security number, date of birth, phone number and email address. Click Next step.
- Enter your residential address, driver’s license or state ID and employment information. Review FNBO’s account disclosures, agreements and terms and conditions. Click Next step.
- US citizen
- At least 18 years old
- Social Security number or Tax ID number
- Valid driver’s license or state ID
- Valid bank account
- Initial deposit of at least $1
- Name, date of birth and residential address
- Contact information
- Employment information
- Social Security or tax ID number
- Driver’s license or state ID
- External bank account number and routing number of funding account
Make a deposit of at least $1 to fund your FNBO Direct Online Savings account. You can make a deposit by electronic funds transfer or by mailing a personal check to:
PO Box 3707
Omaha, NE 68103-0707
Your ATM card should arrive by mail within seven to 10 business days.
To be eligible for this online savings account, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
Have the following information ready before you begin your application:
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
There are a number of ways to tap into your savings with this online account:
- Online deposit. Electronically transfer funds between account.
- Mobile check deposit. Snap a photo of your check and deposit it to your account using the FNBO Direct mobile banking app.
- ATM. Withdraw up to $1,000 a day over the course of five separate transactions with your ATM card from FNBO.
- Wire transfer. Outgoing domestic wire transfers are subject to a $15 fee, but international transfers are not permitted.
- Mail. Make a deposit to your account by mailing a check to FNBO.
- Digital payments. This account is Popmoney, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Visa Checkout compatible.
What other savings options does FNBO Direct offer?
FNBO Direct has two other financial products designed to help you save:
- CDs. FNBO certificates of deposit offer terms of up to 60 months and 0.16% to 1.15% APY, but you’ll need a $500 minimum balance to earn interest.
- 529 College Savings. Designed to help you save for your child’s future, the NEST 529 College Savings Plan offers no account fees, no minimum contribution amount and federal tax-advantaged investing opportunities.
The FNBO Direct Online Savings account has plenty to offer, including 2.1% APY and ATM access. But deposited funds could take up to 10 business days to appear in your account and monthly transfers are limited.
Compare rates and account features with other providers to find the optimal savings account for your personal needs.