First Keystone Community Bank loans review
Find the basics from this local lender with flexible hours.
Bottom line: First Keystone offers solid business and personal loan options to Pennsylvania businesses — with slightly more updated technology than your average community bank.
Business term loans, business lines of credit, commercial real estate, personal loans and lines of credit, vehicle loans, home equity loans, mortgages
Types of loans available
|Types of loans available||Business term loans, business lines of credit, commercial real estate, personal loans and lines of credit, vehicle loans, home equity loans, mortgages|
|Number of branches||19|
|Branch hours||Varies by branch; usually 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at select branches, Sunday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.|
|Customer service hours||Not stated|
|Customer service options||Live chat, phone, mail, email.|
Anna Serio is a trusted lending expert and certified Commercial Loan Officer who's published more than 1,000 articles on Finder to help Americans strengthen their financial literacy. A former editor of a newspaper in Beirut, Anna writes about personal, student, business and car loans. Today, digital publications like Business Insider, CNBC and the Simple Dollar feature her professional commentary, and she earned an Expert Contributor in Finance badge from review site Best Company in 2020.
First Keystone Community Bank offers your standard business loan products without any special programs for specific industries or types of businesses in the area. Its main draw might be convenience. It’s one of the rare banks that has branches open on Sundays and has multiple branches along I-80 and I-81 in Columbia and Luzerne Counties.
But you’ll have to reach out to your local business community to get an idea of what to expect as a customer. There are no online reviews, and at least one employee has questioned their coworker’s level of expertise.
What is First Keystone Community Bank?
First Keystone Community Bank is a small Pennsylvania bank with 20 branches — mostly concentrated in Columbia County and Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. It also has a few branches in Monroe, Montour and Northampton counties. Its motto is "Yesterday's traditions. Tomorrow's vision."
What types of loans does First Keystone Community Bank offer?
You can find the following types of loans at First Keystone Community Bank:
- Business term loans. One-time financing for a large expense, like buying equipment.
- Business lines of credit. Access to funds as you need them to cover working capital, like buying inventory.
- Commercial real estate loans. Financing to buy land or a facility for your small business.
- Personal loans. Unsecured loans for personal expenses from $1,000 to $10,000 with rates starting at 9.75% and terms from 12 to 60 months.
- Lines of credit. Unsecured lines of credit from $500 to $5,000 through Keystone's Cashline and Keystone Quick Cash programs. Both come with a variable APR of the Wall Street Journal Prime Rate plus 6% and a $15 annual fee.
- Vehicle loans. Financing for new pr used cars and motorcycles with rates starting at 3.95% and terms from 12 to 72 months.
- Home equity loans and lines of credit. Borrow against the value of your home to finance personal expenses like home improvements.
- Mortgages. Finance or refinance new home or construction project with one of First Keystone Community Bank's mortgage programs.
How does borrowing work with First Keystone Community Bank?
You can request a quote online by filling out a quick form on the First Keystone website. But you'll likely need to meet with a commercial loan officer to go over your options and submit the application.
This whole process often takes a few weeks at your typical community bank. But after you've developed a relationship with First Keystone, your loan officer will likely be able to get your business funding as needed.
How to request information
Follow these steps to request information about a business loan online:
- Go to the First Keystone Community Bank website.
- Click Loans and select the type of loan you're interested in.
- Hit Request information.
- Fill out the form with your contact information and basics about what you want to borrow.
After you fill out the request form, a loan officer should reach out to go over your options.
- Some branches open Saturday and Sunday
- Live chat on website
- Mobile app
- Multiple branches in Columbia and Luzerne counties
- No customer reviews
- Mixed employee reviews
- Displays rates for personal loans but not business loans
See other business loans
Compare a selection of online lenders against First Keystone Community Bank to see how it stacks up.
First Keystone Community Bank reviews and complaints
|Glassdoor||2 out of 5 stars, based on 1 customer reviews|
|Indeed||3.7 out of 5 stars, based on 14 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of||25 November 2020|
First Keystone Community Bank has no online reviews as of November 2020. This is common for lenders that serve a relatively small community.
But it makes it harder to assess the quality of service you're signing up for. Ask other business owners in your area about their experiences with this lender to get a feel for the bank and how it treats customers.
What do employees say?
Employees have left a handful of mixed reviews. One reports that there were not enough skilled workers, and that the technology used was out of date. Some also mention that they're paid less than at other institutions.
These reviews could be a sign of relatively high employee turnover — or that you end up working with a lender that lacks the experience necessary to give your business expert advice. But there aren't enough reviews to make a full judgement.
What other products does it offer?
Thinking of signing up? Moving your personal and business accounts over to this bank could make it easier to manage your finances. Here are some of the other products you might want to consider:
- ACH originations
- Checking and savings accounts
- Credit cards
- Lockbox payment collections services
- Merchant services
- Trust and estate planning
First Keystone Community Bank history
First Community Bank was founded in 1864 with headquarters in Berwick, Pennsylvania. It's expanded to serve other communities in the area, with most branches along I-80 and I-81 in Pennsylvania.
It's also expanded by buying out other community banks, like its purchase of Pocono Community Bank in 2017. It serves over 2,100 local businesses and 30,000 individuals in the area.
Compare more lenders before you sign up with First Keystone by reading our guide to the best business loans.