Estimated initial costs
Our cost estimates are accurate as of 2021 from Franchise Direct and include opening fees and expenses only. The location you choose for your AAMCO franchise may result in higher or lower fees.
AAMCO franchise fees total around $39,500, which is more than the $37,000 average for the 200 largest franchises.
|Initial license fee
||$39,500 to $39,500
||$39,500 to $39,500
Equipment fees total $118,950 for AAMCO. This is less than the $180,023 average for the top 200 franchises.
|Signs, including in center opening package
||$7,500 to $19,000
|Shop equipment, supplies, lifts, installation, freight and taxes
||$78,400 to $98,000
||$2,500 to $2,500
|Three months' access and support for point-of-sale system
||$500 to $500
|Computer and phone system
||$6,500 to $10,000
||$5,500 to $7,000
||$100,900 to $137,000
Real estate fees
Real estate will set you back $43,750 for AAMCO, thought it's less than the average of $788,376 for the top 200 franchises.
|AAMCO security deposit
||$5,000 to $5,000
|Real estate and utility deposit
||$14,000 to $43,000
||$8,500 to $12,000
||$27,500 to $60,000
AAMCO initial training costs total $13,000 — more than the nationwide average of $9,788.
|Business coach training
||$10,000 to $10,000
|Travel expenses for training
||$2,000 to $4,000
||$12,000 to $14,000
Advertisement and marketing costs total up to $12,850 for AAMCO, which is more than the nationwide average of $9,938.
|Grand opening advertising expenses
||$3,000 to $3,000
||$500 to $1,000
|Three months' advertising
||$4,700 to $13,500
|| $200 - $876/ week (average $550/week) for active pools; If no pool, greater of 4% of gross receipts or $400 (or 5% of gross receipts or $500 in top 20 markets as determined by Nielsen Media Research).
||$8,200 to $17,500
Initial insurance costs for AAMCO run $2,000. This means you'll be paying less than the overall nationwide average of $6,311.
||$1,500 to $2,500
||$1,500 to $2,500
Miscellaneous expenses for AAMCO total $47,000 — less than the nationwide average of $69,970.
|Miscellaneous costs and professional fees
||$4,000 to $10,000
|Three months' additional funds
||$30,000 to $50,000
||$34,000 to $60,000
All costs were found using the 200 largest franchises nationwide using Franchise Direct's list of more than 300 franchises, and are accurate as of 2021.
How to finance
Since the estimated total for AAMCO is on the more costly side, we recommend following these steps to get fully financed:
- Go to the AAMCO franchising website and review its financial requirements, including cash-on-hand requirements.
- Reach out to AAMCO about in-house financing for franchisees.
- If in-house financing isn't available, look for online loans, bank loans and SBA loans to help meet the $277,050 estimated opening costs.
- Compare lenders based on amounts, interest rates and what types of personal and business credit history they accept.
- Once you settle on a lender, gather all required documents, including account statements and assets.
- Apply for financing online or in person as required by the lender.
What types of financing is available?
You have several options when it comes to financing a AAMCO — even if the cost is on the heavier side. What assets you have available will largely determine how much you need to borrow, and which option suits you best.
- Online loan. A number of online business lenders offer amounts up to $1 million, with some extending up to $5 million.
- Bank loan. Your personal credit will typically need to at least be good — 670 or higher — when it comes to getting a bank loan large enough to cover a significant portion of AAMCO opening costs.
- SBA loan. While your personal credit score doesn't need to be as good to qualify for an SBA loan, they usually cost more than standard term loans from banks or online lenders.
Also check if AAMCO franchise financing is available. You may be able to get some of the costs covered for less than you would with other traditional funding options.
Compare small business lenders
You may not need financing to cover the estimated $223,600. But if you need funds for other business ventures, select the loan amount, your time in business and revenue and your personal credit score to compare a selection of lenders.
How AAMCO stacks up
Compare how AAMCO holds up against two similarly sized franchises.
|Average Franchise fees
|Average Equipment fees
|Average Real estate fees
|Average Training fees
|Average Inventory fees
|Average Marketing fees
|Average Licenses and permits fees
|Average Insurance fees
|Average Admin fees
|Average Personnel fees
|Average Other fees
AAMCO franchise costs run a total of $277,050. Before you decide to become a franchisee, compare the total costs against industry averages. And to learn more about financing read our guide to franchise financing
Overall costs for AAMCO run anywhere from $223,600 to $330,500. See how the costs break down and what funding options might be right for your new venture into the franchise foray.