CarFinance.com car loans review
CarFinance.com is no longer open
finder.com’s rating: 3.0 / 5.0
CarFinance.com is no longer operating as of September 2020. It’s unclear when or why it closed. And it’s unclear if it will reopen in the future. Find a lender that’s open instead
or scroll on read about what CarFinance.com used to offer.
Min. Loan Amount
Max. Loan Amount
4.99% to 20%
|Product Name||CarFinance.com Car Loans|
|Min. Loan Amount||$7,500|
|Max. Loan Amount||$45,000|
|APR||4.99% to 20%|
|Interest Rate Type||Fixed|
|Requirements||Age 18 years or older, credit score 500+, to refinance loan car must have less than 100,000 miles, no more than eight years old and loan balance must be $7,500+|
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a loan with CarFinance.com, you must be over 18 years old and have a credit score of 500 or higher.
If you want to refinance your current car loan, your car needs to have less than 100,000 miles, no more than eight years old and your loan balance must be $7,500 or more.
CarFinance.com loans aren’t available to residents of Minnesota, North Dakota, Nevada or Oregon.
What makes CarFinance.com car loans unique?
Although CarFinance.com is an online lender, it issues its loans as Funding Certificates that you use like cash at the dealership. The whole process is quick, easy to understand and doesn’t have high credit requirements — though you’ll need good credit to qualify for the best rates.
What types of car loans does CarFinance.com offer?
CarFinance.com offers middle-of-the-road car loans. With this site, you can get:
- Vehicle purchase loans. Your basic term loan that you can use to buy a car from a franchised dealership.
- Auto loan refinancing. Already got a loan? Lower its overall cost by taking out a new loan with more favorable terms to pay it off.
There are however, limits to what type of vehicle you can purchase. Through CarFinance.com, you can only buy:
- A car that is eight years old or newer
- A vehicle with 100,000 miles or less
- An eligible brand vehicle
Ineligible brandsCarFinance.com won’t cover loans for:
- Aston Martin
- Alfa Romeo
- Rolls Royce
You’re restricted from using your loan to purchase electric cars, super-duty or heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
What are the benefits of getting a car loan from CarFinance.com?
- No fees. There are no application, origination or prepayment fees with this loan.
- Simple application. Its online application is straightforward and easy to follow.
- Fast turnaround. It takes as little as 30 minutes to be approved online.
- Low credit requirements. It’s possible to qualify for a CarFinance.com loan with a score as low as 500.
What to watch out for?
- Limited car and dealership selection. In most states you can only buy a car from franchised dealerships, meaning your options are limited.
- Low transparency. CarFinance.com doesn’t give basic information about loans on its website, making it difficult to know what you’re getting into.
- Difficult to make payments. The top online complaint about CarFinance.com is that it’s difficult to make a payment to the company, no matter how you pay.
- Inconsistent customer service. Its customer service staff appears to be poorly trained and often contradict each other.
Compare more car loan providers
What does the internet say about CarFinance.com?
CarFinance.com doesn’t have the best online reputation. It’s not accredited with the Better Business Bureau, but it gets an A+ rating based on customer reviews on its site — even though 90% are negative. Most complaints concern difficulties making payments and customer service that gives consumers conflicting information. It has no reviews on Trustpilot.
How do I apply?
Once you’ve determined you’re eligible, go over your finances against a down payment, monthly payments, and potential car-related maintenance like gas, insurance and tuneups.
When you’re ready to apply, follow these steps to apply:
You should receive a confirmation email after you submit your application and another once you’re either approved or declined. This typically takes about half an hour during regular business hours. Once approved, CarFinance.com verifies your information and issues a Funding Certificate to take to a dealership to purchase a car.
What documents do I need to apply?
CarFinance.com asks applicants to provide:
- A driver’s license. It must be up to date with your current information.
- Proof of income or employment. A recent paystub or a W2 form are the most common ways to prove that you have a source of income.
- Proof of residence. Lenders typically ask for a recent utility bill in your name to prove you live where you say you do.
- Personal references. Letters of recommendation from friends, family or anyone else who can vouch for you.
If you want to refinance a car loan, you may be asked to provide your vehicle’s identification number, mileage, registration and title documents.
I got a car loan from CarFinance.com. Now what?
Stay on top of your payments — and don’t wait until the last minute. Multiple borrowers report issues with payments, sometimes resulting in damaged credit or harassing phone calls. Find a method that works and stick to it. And if you run into any trouble, call them at 888-227-9555 during business hours or shoot them an email at email@example.com to resolve the problem directly.
CarFinance.com loans could be a solution for borrowers struggling to get a loan with bad credit. With an easy application, it could benefit inexperienced borrowers. However, with a negative online reputation you may want to look at other lenders. Before deciding on any one lender, make sure to compare all of your car loan options to find the best fit for you.
Frequently asked questions
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
We analyze top loan providers and rate them one to five stars based on factors that are most important to you. These factors include: rates and fees, customer reviews, loan amounts, loan processing and borrower experience.