Average insurance cost for a Buick
Insuring a Buick is usually pretty affordable. On average, you’ll pay $1,433 a year. Because Buicks tend to garner excellent safety ratings, reasonable insurance rates tend to follow. Other factors will influence the exact cost of your insurance, including your location, your age and your marital status, among others.
Find your Buick model
Get car insurance for a Buick
How a vehicle from Buick affects the cost of car insurance
Most Buicks rate well for safety, which keeps you safe and saves money on your car insurance. Bucks are relatively easy to insure, and you’ll find many insurers who are willing to cover you.
A car’s safety rating is one of the top factors that insurance providers consider when establishing a rate. Other factors that insurance providers consider are the car’s likeliness to be stolen and the cost to maintain and repair the vehicle.
Are there any standout Buick models?
The Cascada is Buick’s only convertible in the 2018 lineup. Buick designed this model with open-road fun in mind. It has a sleek design with a soft top that’s available in three colors, and a powerful 1.6L 200-HP turbocharged engine. But the Cascada is also designed with safety in mind. The suite of available safety features includes forward collision alert, OnStar and lane departure warning. You can hit the road in this fun convertible with peace of mind.
What’s the Avenir Line?
The Avenir Line is Buick’s “highest expression of Buick luxury.” Buick pulled out all the stops in its design of the Avenir versions of the Enclave and the Lacrosse. With the Avenir Line, you’ll get first-class connectivity, smooth performance and a premium interior.
You can expect to pay $14,000 plus when opting for the Avenir Line of the Lacrosse or Enclace compared to the original models.
Buick car insurance rates by model
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
Pros and cons of insuring a Buick
- Excellent safety features
- Not among the top stolen cars
- Buick’s Avenir Line of cars are considered luxury and are costlier to insure
About the Buick brand
The Buick Motor Company started manufacturing cars at the turn of the 20th century, quickly overtaking competitors to become the largest producer of automobiles in the world. It created a future behemoth in the process — a company known then and today as General Motors.
Today, Buick is positioned as a mid-tier luxury brand, just under GM’s Cadillac banner. For those seeking an upscale ride with great safety ratings, Buick is a worthy contender.
Buick car facts
- Buick was founded in 1903 and is the oldest automobile brand in the United States.
- Buicks have upscale designs, but you can find relatively affordable models. The 2018 Buick Lacrosse has a starting MSRP of $29,565, and the 2018 Envision starts at $34,015.
- Base prices start at $22,000 and can go up to $40,000.
- If vehicle safety is what you’re after, Buicks are generally stellar picks. Two of the brand’s most popular models, the LaCrosse and Encore, score great safety ratings across the board.
- The entire lineup of 2017 Buick models were awarded a 5-Star overall safety rating by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That was Buick’s third year in a row.
- China is the largest market for Buick cars. In 2017, more than 1.2 million were sold in China, which was approximately 450% more than the United States.
Need help considering some other car manufacturers?
The cost of Buicks and their safety rating make them relatively affordable to insure. But be sure to shop around to find the best car insurance for you.
Frequently asked questions
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out: