Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi SQ8 car insurance rates
The sportier version of the Q8 has a lofty price but surprising insurance rates for a luxury car.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Audi SQ8 is a performance SUV that’s relatively cheap to insure, considering it’s a pricey luxury vehicle. The average insurance cost for an SQ8 is expected to be around $200 a month, or $2,400 a year. With an expected base price of close to $100,000, the annual insurance cost-to-base ratio is 2%, well below the national average of 4%.
Compare car insurance for your Audi SQ8
How do I compare insurance for the SQ8?
Insurance for luxury vehicles is more expensive than standard vehicles, mainly due to luxury cars being pricier to repair and maintain. In addition to its luxury status, the following factors will play a role in determining the Audi SQ8’s insurance rates.
- Body type. The Audi SQ8 is a luxury performance SUV, which has higher insurance rates than other SUVs. The greater power means that the risk is there for more serious accidents, causing higher rates than compact SUVs.
- Fuel. The US version is likely to have a gasoline powered V6 turbocharged engine, in contrast to the diesel version in European markets. The diesel SQ8 gets over 30 mpg, but the numbers on the US version haven’t been released. Luckily gas-powered cars typically receive lower insurance rates than diesel or electric.
- Theft rates. Theft rates for Audi vehicles are very low in the US, helping keep insurance costs low.
- Maintenance. Audi vehicles generally don’t require any more maintenance than other luxury cars, though the luxury nature of the SQ8 will increase the cost of those repairs.
- Coverage. With a reported price of over $100,000, you’ll likely want to fully insure your SQ8. This would include both comprehensive and collision coverage, in addition to uninsured motorist property damage limits of $100,000.
- Warranty. Audi’s new vehicle limited warranty is for four years or 50,000 miles. Unlimited roadside assistance is included in the warranty, which means you won’t need it on your insurance policy.
- Manufacturer offer. Audi routinely has special offers, such as cashback incentives and low APRs on its new vehicles. Check with your local Audi dealership to see how much you can save.
Does the Audi SQ8 qualify for discounts?
Yes, the Audi SQ8 will qualify for some vehicle-specific discounts on your insurance policy. The exact ones will depend on the specific model you buy and the exact discounts your insurance company offers.
- Passive restraint discount
- Active restraint discount
- Antilock brake discount
- Antitheft system discount
- Airbag discount
- Seatbelt pretensioner discount
How reliable is the Audi SQ8?
Official ratings for the SQ8 haven’t been released at the time of writing, though the ratings should mimic those of its sibling vehicle, the 2019 Audi Q8.
- Safety. The Audi Q8 received a Top Safety Pick from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and a 5 out of 5 star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. These high safety marks should be closely replicated by the SQ8, which will have a positive impact on its insurance rates.
- Reliability. J.D. Power rated the 2019 Q8 with a 3.5 out of 5 star rating for reliability. You can expect the 2020 SQ8 to have at least the same score, but probably not any higher than 4 out of 5 stars. A 3.5 star reliability rating is fairly acceptable for a luxury vehicle.
- Recalls. The 2019 Q8 didn’t receive any recalls, though the 2019 SQ5 and Q5 both had minor recalls for faulty trim on the wheel cover.
The 2020 Audi SQ8 brings upgraded features to the Q8, which means it’s higher performance — but also costs more to buy and insure. Strong safety features and low expected theft rates help keep insurance on the SQ8 to a relatively cheap amount for a luxury vehicle, though maintenance and repairs to this luxury SUV could be expensive.
To find the best deal on auto insurance for your Audi SQ8, be sure to compare quotes from different insurers before settling on one.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi SQ8
More guides on Finder
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
Compare manual vs. automatic car insurance
Cars with stick shifts cost a little less to insure than automatics
Branch car insurance review 2021
Branch auto insurance takes a community-focused approach with friend referral discounts.
Compare crossover insurance
Make sure your insurance covers your crossover for wherever you want to take it.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
Compare hatchback insurance
Take advantage of the hatchback’s body style and economy engine to save on your insurance.
Compare car insurance by fuel type
Your vehicle’s fuel type plays a significant role in determining its car insurance rates.
Does my annual mileage affect my car insurance?
Driving less than 8,000 miles a year could qualify you for a low mileage discount.