Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi Sport EV insurance
Audi’s other electric forerunner models hint at this car’s high insurance costs.
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Audi’s concept of electric vehicles include this new performance car. Expect insurance premiums typical for other Audis, which could total $200 a month or $2,400 a year — $1,100 above the national average.
Audi sportbacks range from $44,000 to $74,000 MSRP. A sale price in that range could fall at or above the national average cost-to-base car price ratio of 4%.
Get car insurance quotes for your Audi Sport EV
How do I compare insurance for the Sport EV?
Typical luxury car repairs and coverage should keep this model’s insurance costs standard for an Audi, though higher than your average sedan. Factors to consider:
- Body type. You might see the Sport EV as a sedan or coupe at first with other body types to follow suit. A sedan or SUV might bring the lowest premiums.
- Fuel. As an all-electric model, you won’t pay for gas, but charging could cost you $10 to $13 a charge.
- Theft rates. Audis aren’t known for high theft rates, especially for the newest models that include more safety features. That means cheaper insurance.
- Maintenance. Electric vehicles need less maintenance than their gas-powered counterparts, plus Audi cars don’t trend toward mechanical problems. But specialized electric parts could make repairs costly, leading to higher insurance rates.
- Coverage. You may want a luxury car insurance policy to fit this luxury electric. This policy ensures you protect your car at an agreed value, plus higher policy limits.
- Insurer options. There are fewer luxury insurer options compared to standard providers, but insurers like Chubb or Electric Auto may customize to your Sport EV’s needs.
- Warranty. Audi should stick with the usual four-year, 50,000-mile warranty with helpful four-year roadside assistance. You should also see a battery warranty similar to the E-Tron’s eight-year, 100,000-mile one.
The Audi Sport EV should come on the market with solid safety and reliability expectations, albeit with a luxury price and insurance policy attached. Get the best value for coverage by shopping providers, or discover insurance premiums for other cars.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Sport EV
More guides on Finder
Biden plans another boost for electric car stocks
Biden’s plan to replace the federal fleet with American-made electric vehicles gives another boost to a red-hot sector led by Tesla.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
Denied life insurance
Learn the common health reasons that lead to denials and how to get life insurance anyway.
Branch home insurance review Apr 2021
Branch home insurance offers a variety of add-on options but not many discounts.
Compare hybrid insurance
Hybrids have great fuel economy, but can cost more to repair and insure.
Compare crossover insurance
Make sure your insurance covers your crossover for wherever you want to take it.
What does home insurance cover?
Find the home insurance coverage you need to build the perfect policy for your nest.
Compare minivan insurance
They come with one of the lowest insurance premiums on the market, but consider extra coverage for passengers.
Compare hatchback insurance
Take advantage of the hatchback’s body style and economy engine to save on your insurance.
Is business insurance tax deductible?
You can claim most types of insurance premiums with a few important exclusions.