Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi S7 insurance rates
Average Audi S7 insurance rates
The Audi S7 is a luxury sedan that’s relatively cheap to insure. The average insurance costs for an Audi S7 is $191 a month, or $2,292 a year. With a base price of $79,900, the average insurance rate at $2,292 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 2.9%, just below the national average of 4%.
The S7 is a performance version of Audi’s largest and most luxurious sedan, the A7. Its sleek design offers both comfort and power, along with a number of safety and driver assistance features that make it perfect for families. However, its powerful engine and near six-figure price tag could make it expensive to insure.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Audi S7
How to compare insurance for the Audi S7
Shopping for auto insurance can be daunting since coverage and policy features can vary greatly between providers. But no matter how overwhelming it may be, coverage is mandatory in almost every state. On the plus side, it can provide peace of mind on and off the road and save you a lot of money in the event of an accident. While some vehicles can be expensive to insure, it’s important to get quotes from different providers to find out how much you’ll actually pay. Since prices can differ depending on your choice of provider, creating a sample policy with your desired coverage can help you compare your options more accurately. Here are a few factors you should consider. <
- Price. A sample policy can help you compare similar coverage from different providers. Once you have multiple quotes, compare your options by price to find a policy that fits your budget.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can directly affect the cost of car insurance. When getting quotes, keep in mind that a higher deductible will generally make for lower premiums, whereas a lower deductible will cost more on a monthly basis.
- Minimum coverage. Besides New Hampshire and Virginia, every state has minimum coverage requirements. Before purchasing a policy, ensure that your state’s minimums are met.
- Additional coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage and personal injury protection are two of many ways you can extend your auto insurance coverage. If you need additional coverage, include any options when getting quotes to find the best value.
- Extras. Many providers offer extras like roadside assistance and accident forgiveness, some even at no cost. Find out what features your desired providers offer and whether the extras are worth adding to your policy.
- Restrictions. Before purchasing a policy, find out if there are any restrictions to avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Some manufacturers have partnerships with insurance providers. Speak with your dealer to find out if you’re eligible for any special offers or loyalty programs.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi S7?
Outside of driver and location-based factors, insurance providers consider a number of vehicle-specific variables when calculating your premiums. Since every make and model is different, the vehicle you drive can have a significant impact on the price you pay for auto insurance. Between body type, theft rates, repair costs and more, here’s how the S7 compares to other vehicles.
- Body type. The Audi S7 is a four-door sedan that offers a balance between power and luxury. Its design make it great for families, commuting and daily driving, which are considered low-risk. This may help to bring down the cost of insurance.
- Type of car. The S7 is a luxury performance vehicle that could be expensive to maintain or repair. This might increase the cost of car insurance.
- Theft. Sedans are the most frequently stolen type of vehicle. Since the S7 is a sedan, auto insurance rates may be higher.
- Repairs. Considering the S7’s steep price tag and luxurious details, repairs might be expensive. This could increase the cost of auto insurance.
- Safety ratings. Neither the A7 or S7 have official ratings at the time of writing. However, this vehicle has a handful of great safety features that may help reduce auto insurance rates.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Providers consider a number of factors when determining the cost of auto insurance, many of which relate to your chance of filing claims and the cost of paying them out. This is why your make an model can directly influence the cost of car insurance. Every vehicle is built differently, meaning that things like performance, collision prevention features and repair costs can vary greatly. Beyond the make and model you drive, the trim and packages on your vehicle can often affect the cost of car insurance. Based on the standard Premium Plus Audi S7, here’s how build options might impact the price you pay for car insurance.
- Prestige. The Prestige trim adds a heads-up display, corner view camera system and more. The improvement in visibility could help reduce your insurance rates.
- S Sport package. This package adds dynamic steering, and a rear sport differential, both of which could improve handling. Adding this package could reduce your insurance rates.
- Rear-passenger airbags. This feature could reduce damage and harm in the event of an accident and may lead to reduced premiums.
- Night vision assistant. This system improves vision at night, helping you avoid any unexpected obstacles. Adding it could help you get a better price on auto insurance.
- Driver assistance. The driver assistance package could help prevent accidents and may reduce the cost of insurance.
Audi S7 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi S7 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi S7 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi S7:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi S7?
While there are no official reliability ratings for the S7 at this time, there is plenty of information on the A7. The 2018 model received an impressive 4/5 star rating from U.S. News and J.D. Power, better than most cars in its class.
While the S7 has only been in production since 2011, there have been a couple recalls since its release.
- 2015: Some 2015 S7 models were recalled due to incorrect tire label information that listed the wrong maximum weight.
- 2013-2014: A limited number of 2013-2014 S7 vehicles were recalled due to manufacturing tolerance issues which could cause fuel lines to leak.
There aren’t very many common problems with the Audi S7, but some owners report transmission issues at low mileage. Some Audi performance vehicles like the S7 are also known for issues with carbon buildup which could cause reduced power and fuel efficiency.
How safe is the Audi S7?
Unfortunately, neither the A7 or S7 have official safety ratings from the IIHS or NHTSA. However, like most Audi vehicles, the S7 comes packed with a number of great safety features that could mitigate damage and harm in the event of a collision. These features may also help you get discounts on auto insurance.
Audi S7 maintenance
The S7, like most other Audi vehicles, is designed with both comfort and performance in mind. Its powerful engine makes it great for touring and travel, while its luxurious features provide a smooth driving experience wherever you take it. It doesn’t require a great deal of maintenance, but routine service appointments can ensure you get the most out of your vehicle. Here’s what to expect for oil changes, mileage and more.
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. However, if your car is being driven vigorously, you may want to have it changed more frequently.
- An oil change for an Audi A7 costs about $100 to $200, but your actual price may vary depending on how long its been since the last oil change and where you bring it for service.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your S7 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2018 Audi S7 gets an average of 18 miles per gallon, with 16 in the city and 24 on the highway.
- The 2017 Audi S7 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi S7?
The Audi S7 comes with Audi’s four-year, 50-000 mile warranty. This new vehicle warranty covers defects on parts and service, along with free 24/7 roadside assistance. However, Audi also offers an extended warranty program, called The Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty. This option can provide extra coverage after the initial warranty expires, protecting your S7 for two more years or 50,000 more miles. The standard warranty offers great coverage, but the extended option may provide peace of mind and could even increase the resale value of your vehicle.
About the Audi S7
The Audi S7 was originally released in 2012. The Audi S7 is a variant of the company’s A7 model and features a V8 engine. The 2017 model has not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for safety.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi S7 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on a driver’s history and location. Audi shoppers should grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before they commit. Audi S7 shoppers should also do their research and see if they qualify for insurance discounts with each insurance company.
Compare Audi competitors
Find out what other vehicles Audi has to offer or explore other manufacturers altogether.
The S7 delivers a balance between luxury and performance through its elegant design and powerful 4.0 Quattro engine. Like most Audis, this model comes with a handful of safety and driver assistance features that provide a comfortable and safe driving experience. While this car is best suited for casual use and daily driving, its powerful engine might increase the cost of car insurance. However, there are a number of factors that can affect the price of coverage so it’s important to compare your options to find out exactly how much you’ll pay.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi S7
More guides on Finder
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
Investing in insurance stocks
Benefits and drawbacks of investing in insurance stocks.
Is credit disability insurance right for me?
Get your loan payments covered when you experience a disability and can’t work, but with limited coverage.
Heacock Classic car insurance review March 2021
Insure your classic car or race car at agreed value with Heacock Classic, but you’ll have to look elsewhere if you have recent claims or major violations.
Say car insurance review Mar 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
Root home insurance review March 2021
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
GoAuto car insurance review March 2021
Pocket an option for SR-22 coverage, but you might be compromising on service.
Openly home insurance review Mar 2021
Robust coverage and high limits on this startup’s standard policies if you own a high-value home.
Does my business insurance protect me from vandalism and looting?
Your business insurance policy should pay for vandalism and looting — but you’ll need to document the damage.
Ask an Expert