Choosing a financial provider can be a painstaking process. Whether you’re looking for a no-fee checking account or high-yield savings, Umpqua Bank offers a competitive selection of both personal and business products for residents of the West Coast.
Umpqua Bank’s personal banking products come with numerous perks but are limited to residents of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and Nevada.
- Umpqua Grow Savings. Umpqua Bank’s savings account offers unlimited deposits and withdrawals with a $3 monthly fee.
- Umpqua Embark Checking. Enjoy no monthly fees, no balance requirement and up to $10 in monthly ATM fee rebates with this checking account.
- Umpqua Access Checking. This top-tier account comes with one free incoming wire transfer a month alongside four ATM fee rebates and three complimentary Umpqua Bank savings accounts.
- Umpqua Attain Checking. A $200 minimum opening deposit and $20 monthly fee is required, but you’ll get free checks, incoming wire transfers and account statements with this account.
- Thrive Money Market. With this money market, you’ll receive up to six free withdrawals and transfers a month with the option to waive the $10 monthly fee with a minimum daily balance of at least $1,000.
- Prosper Money Market. With a minimum opening deposit of at least $100, you’ll get an ATM card, 50 free check deposits a month and the option to waive the $15 monthly fee with a minimum daily balance of at least $10,000.
Small business banking services
- Community Business Checking. With an opening deposit of at least $100 and a monthly account fee of $10, receive up to 200 free checks a month and deposit up to $10,000 each month free of charge.
- Marketplace Checking. A $25 monthly fee and opening deposit of $100 will get you 500 free checks a month and $150 off your first order of checks and supplies through Harland Clarke.
- Business Analyzed Checking. An opening deposit of at least $100 is needed for Umpqua Bank’s top-tier business checking account, which offers earnings credit allowance to offset the $18 monthly fee.
- Community Business Savings. Comes with six free monthly withdrawals and a $3 monthly maintenance fee that can be waived if a daily balance of at least $200 is maintained.
- Main Street Money Market. With a minimum opening deposit of $100, enjoy ATM access, up to $10,000 of free cash deposits monthly and the option to waive the $10 monthly maintenance fee if a daily balance of at least $2,500 is maintained.
- Marketplace Money Market. You won’t pay a fee on your first 50 checks and $10,000 in cash deposits each month, and you can waive the $15 monthly fee if a daily balance of $25,000 is maintained.
- Credit cards. Umpqua Bank has multiple different personal credit cards to choose from, including Visa Platinum, Visa Real Rewards, Cash Rewards American Express and Premier Rewards American Express.
- Business credit cards. If you’re looking for a business credit card, Umpqua Bank offers Visa Business Platinum, Visa Business Cash, Visa Business Real Rewards and Visa Business Rewards PLUS.
- Loans. If you’d like to finance your next home or personal project, Umpqua Bank offers fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages, home equity lines of credit, personal loans, personal lines of credit and auto loans.
- Business loans. For small businesses seeking capital, Umpqua Bank offers business term loans, SBA loans, real estate loans, business lines of credit, equipment financing and vehicle financing.
Umpqua Bank isn’t one of the nation’s heavyweight financial institutions. In fact, it doesn’t even crack the list of the top 50 bank holding companies by deposits in the US. Big names like JP Morgan, Bank of America and Wells Fargo hold the top spots with over $1 billion in customer deposits apiece and thousands of nationwide bank branches. But West Coast provider Umpqua Bank suggests on its website that its small-town roots help keep it grounded and people-oriented.
- Reward programs. Umpqua Bank offers reward point programs and cash back programs on its Visa and American Express cards.
- ATM rebates. All of Umpqua Bank’s checking accounts come with at least one ATM rebate a month for non-network ATMs.
- Complimentary savings. Umpqua Bank‘s checking accounts automatically qualify you for complimentary savings and money market accounts.
- Monthly fees. The Embark checking account doesn’t have a monthly fee when you enroll in paper statements, but you’ll pay a $5 or $20 fee for the other accounts unless you can meet the minimum balance or account activity requirements.
- ATM card. Most savings accounts don’t come with ATM cards, but this one does. Withdraw cash on the go any time you need it.
- Low opening deposits. All you need is $25 to open the Grow Savings account and $100 to open Umpqua’s money market accounts, which is lower than normal.
- Lack of transparency. Umpqua Bank doesn’t post its interest rates for its savings accounts online which means you’ll need to call customer service for your potential rate.
- Monthly fees. Although there are ways to waive them, you’ll pay $3, $10 or $15 a month to maintain a savings or money market account with Umpqua. Most banks offer savings accounts for free.
- Customer service. Umpqua Bank‘s customer service is available by phone and email seven days a week.
- Several account options. Although Umpqua Bank doesn’t have CDs, you’ll find a wide range of checking and savings accounts for individuals and businesses.
- Limited availability. Umpqua Bank accounts are only available to residents of Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California and Nevada.
- No CDs. Umpqua Bank doesn’t offer any CDs, so you won’t be able to lock in any high interest rates.
There are several ways to get in touch with an Umpqua Bank customer service representative:
- Live chat weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT and weekends from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.
- Call 866-486-7782 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PT and weekends from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT.
- Visit a local branch.
- Fill out the help request form on its website.
Umpqua Bank ratings, reviews and complaints
Umpqua Bank is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB gives Umpqua Bank an A rating due to a low number of complaints, three of which were resolved in the past year. But with only 16 reviews under its belt, it’s tough for the company to establish a solid reputation.
A majority of complaints on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau against Umpqua Bank were about its home loans, although a number of customers also complained about issues with automated bill payments and checking accounts being closed due to inactivity.
Umpqua Bank is insured by the FDIC, from which it receives a Satisfactory CRA rating.
Use this table to see how Umpqua Bank accounts compares to other institutions.
As is the case with any financial provider, an account with Umpqua Bank has its benefits and drawbacks. Take advantage of bill pay, mobile banking and rewards programs but be on the lookout for ATM fees and its limited availability.
What’s the Umpqua routing number and SWIFT code?
The Umpqua Bank routing number is 123205054. Its SWIFT code is UMPQUS6P.
How do I open an account?
Apply to open an Umpqua Bank account in person at your local branch or online. Make sure you have the following information ready before you apply:
- Primary home address
- Valid phone number
- Email address
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or valid state ID
What do I need to know before using my Umpqua debit card outside the US?
Umpqua Bank encourages you to notify your local branch of your travel plans and to indicate which cards you plan to use while you’re away. Umpqua Bank also charges a 2% foreign transaction fee on all transactions that take place outside the US.
How many Umpqua Bank locations are there?
You’ll find Umpqua Bank locations in these cities within the five states it serves.
- Umpqua Bank Turlock
- Umpqua Bank Sonora
- Umpqua Bank Twain Harte
- Umpqua Bank Copperopolis
- Umpqua Bank Modesto
- Umpqua Bank Templeton
- Umpqua Bank San Andreas
- Umpqua Bank Valley Springs
- Umpqua Bank Sutter Creek
- Umpqua Bank Lodi
- Umpqua Bank Placerville
- Umpqua Bank Cascade
- Umpqua Bank Boise
- Umpqua Bank Meridian
- Umpqua Bank McCall
- Umpqua Bank Grangeville
- Umpqua Bank Reno (3)
- Umpqua Bank Incline Village
- Umpqua Bank Eugene (3)
- Umpqua Bank Springfield
- Umpqua Bank Cottage Grove
- Umpqua Bank Monroe
- Umpqua Bank Sweet Home
- Umpqua Bank Lebanon
- Umpqua Bank Corvallis
- Umpqua Bank Albany
- Umpqua Bank Ontario
- Umpqua Bank Nyssa
- Umpqua Bank Vale
- Umpqua Bank Enterprise
- Umpqua Bank Baker City
- Umpqua Bank Waterville
- Umpqua Bank Cle Elum
- Umpqua Bank Brewster
- Umpqua Bank North Bend
- Umpqua Bank Ellensburg
- Umpqua Bank Issaquah
- Umpqua Bank Redmond
- Umpqua Bank Coulee City
- Umpqua Bank Kirkland
- Umpqua Bank Bellevue