Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to use BankAmeriDeals
Earn cash back on select purchases with promotional offers.
Get Bank of America cash back deals in the categories you spend on most using your Bank of America card. Categories include restaurants, shopping, travel and more. Activate these deals and make the purchase before the deal expires.
What's in this guide?
What is the BankAmeriDeals program?
The BankAmeriDeals program lets you save money and earn cash back on certain purchases by activating special deals with your eligible credit or debit card. Similar to programs such as Chase Offers, deals are based on your spending habits in various categories and are accessible both online and in-store once activated.Back to top
How does the BankAmeriDeals program work?
To activate and use the BankAmeriDeals program, you’ll need to have an online account or access to the Bank of America mobile app.
- Log in to your Bank of America online account or to your mobile banking app.
- Click on the Special offers & deals tab.
- On the special offers page, click on Available to view all currently active deals.
- Click on Add this deal when you find a deal you want to activate on your card.
- Once activated, simply use your eligible Bank of America card to make your purchase at the selected retailer.
- You’ll receive your bonus cashback on your account within one month of the purchase.
What are BankAmeriDeals Coins?
Bank of America recently introduced an incentive for using the BankAmeriDeals program. For every deal you redeem, you earn one BankAmeriDeals Coin. Every time you have four coins, you can cash in to earn the additional cash back to your account. For each redemption, you’ll also “level up” to the next reward tier. The higher levels you achieve, the larger cash bonuses you receive. Here’s what you can expect at each tier:
- Level 1: $5 per redemption.
- Level 2: $6 per redemption.
- Level 3: $7 per redemption.
- Level 4: $8 per redemption.
Which credit cards can I use?
All Bank of America credit and debit cards and Merrill Lynch credit cards are supported for the BankAmeriDeals. However, if you don’t use your card, you won’t get any deals.
How long do offers last?
Offers last up to 30 days or until you make the purchase and redeem the deal.
Compare Bank of America credit cards with special-offer programs
What types of deals will I find with the BankAmeriDeals program?
BankAmeriDeals vary based on your spending patterns. If you frequently dine, expect to see attractive rewards for Airbnb, McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, Moe’s and other similar restaurants. Other offers include Starbucks, Under Armour, Kmart, AT&T and more. Typically, deals offer up to 15% cash back.
Can I use offers online?
Yes, you can use most offers online as well as at brick-and-mortar stores. But to use them, you have to activate them first through your online account or mobile app.
What are the drawbacks?
- Deal activation. You can earn cash back only on deals you’ve activated.
- Deal expiration. If you don’t link the deal and make the purchase with your card by the expiration date, you won’t earn cash back.
- Read the deal’s terms. Some deals may require you to signup for new services or meet a minimum spending requirement. Be sure to find out each deal’s terms.
- Deals vary. Deals are based on your spending. If you frequently dine out, you’ll get restaurant deals. If you often shop, you’ll get shopping deals.
- Late reward crediting. You get your cash back in up to 30 days after making the purchase. Some competitor programs credit your rewards in up to 14 days.
How to maximize BankAmeriDeals program earnings
- Use the right card. Link the deal you want with the card that’ll earn you additional rewards. For example, if you link a deal with cash back on dining, make sure you use a card that offers additional rewards at restaurants.
- Redeem deals often. Every time you redeem a deal, you earn coins. The more coins you earn, the higher cash bonuses you get.
- Buy gift cards. Buying gift cards can give you the highest rewards. But read the deal’s terms to confirm that gift cards are an eligible deal purchase.
- Stack rewards. Once you activate a deal, use cashback portals to make the purchase and earn additional rewards.
BankAmeriDeals can be an excellent way of earning cash back on purchases you would make anyway. By spending a few minutes to browse through deals and linking them to your credit card, you could earn up to 15% cash back and additional bonuses.
However, there are similar rewards programs available, such as the Amex Offers program. Compare these programs to find the best one for your financial needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
HMBradley account review
HMBradley is a hybrid checking and savings account that earns up to 3.0% APY.
Zeta Joint Card review
Zeta Joint Cards allow two people to share one account, but there are several drawbacks.
Best bank accounts for freelancers and the self-employed
Compare the five best bank accounts for self-employed professionals and freelancers.
Oxygen personal bank account
Access your cash from any network ATM and earn cashback on your debit card purchases from approved retailers.
Upgrade Rewards Checking review
The free Upgrade Rewards Checking account offers 2% cashback, but you can’t deposit checks.
Cheese Rewards Checking review
A digital bank built for Asian-Americans. Earns up to 10% cash back and up to 3% APY.
Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account review
This Quontic Bank checking account has a seriously competitive APY — 25 times the national average.
Save Debit Invest card review
Save invests $1 on your behalf for every $1 you spend. After one year, you keep the returns.
How to avoid Bank of America account fees
Bank of America charges various account fees, but you can avoid many of them.
How to stake Ethereum
Learn how to earn ETH coins by locking up ETH with this guide.
Ask an Expert