Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students review
Earn reward points on purchases without paying an annual fee.
finder.com’s rating: 4.1 / 5
- Get this card if you are a student who wants to earn travel rewards.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period on balance transfers or a cashback card.
- Apply with a limited credit history or with a fair credit score of 620 or higher.
1.5x points on all purchases
0% intro for the first 12 billing cycles (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)
Minimum Credit Score
|Welcome offer||25,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||1.5x points on all purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 billing cycles (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||13.99% to 23.99% variable|
|Minimum Credit Score||580|
Kliment Dukovski is an investments writer who has written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students is an excellent option for students who travel, want to earn rewards on their purchases and want to build their credit at the same time. It offers a flat 1.5x points on all purchases, a 25,000-point signup bonus after you spend $1,000 in your first 90 days, a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles and requires no annual fee.
Look at Bank of America’s student card lineup and you’ll notice a theme: they’re practically identical to some of Bank of America’s non-student card offerings. This card is no different: it’s completely identical to the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card.
That’s great news for students. Student cards tend to have fewer features or rewards than standard credit cards, but Bank of America bucks the trend here. This card’s lack of foreign transaction fees, reliable rewards and generous introductory APR on purchases make this one of our Best of 2020 picks for student cards.
How to apply for the Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students
Apply with a fair credit of 620 or higher, or with a limited credit history. To apply, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Bank of America website and find the Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students.
- Click Apply now and fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students benefits
- Signup bonus. Spend $1,000 in your first 90 days of account opening to earn 25,000 bonus points. That’s worth $250 in statement credit toward travel purchases.
- Reward points. Earn unlimited 1.5x points on everything you buy.
- Intro APR period on purchases. Use your first 12 billing cycles to make interest-free purchases with a 0% intro APR period. After that, your rate reverts to variable 13.99% to 23.99% APR.
- No foreign transaction fees. The card can be a solid traveling companion as you won’t pay any foreign transaction fees on purchases made abroad.
- No annual fee. Earn rewards and use a long intro APR period without paying an annual fee.
Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students drawbacks
- No balance transfer intro APR period. The card offers a 0% intro APR period on purchases but not on balance transfers. If you’re looking to make a balance transfer, compare 0% intro APR balance transfer credit cards.
- Penalty APR. Miss payments and you could get slapped with a harsh 29.99% penalty APR.
Compare credit cards for students
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other student credit cards on the market. Consider factors such as credit-building benefits, and additional perks like cashback rewards.
If you are looking for a student travel credit card to earn rewards and build your credit, the Bank of America® Travel Rewards for Students could be worth considering. The card also comes with a decent signup bonus and a long intro APR period on purchases.
However, if this card doesn’t fit your financial needs, compare other credit cards to find the right one for your wallet.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.