We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Bank of America museum discounts make visits more fun
Use your Bank of America card to get free entrance to museums.
Getting free admission to museums and cultural institutions across the country is definitely one of the coolest credit card perks you can get. However, there are some limitations you should keep in mind when using the Bank of America Museums on Us program. For example, free entrance is only available on select days each month and authorized users are excluded from enjoying this perk.
How to get Bank of America museum discounts
Visit a participating museum during the first full weekend of each month and present your Bank of America credit card along with your ID. You will get one free admission per Bank of America credit or debit card.
Are there any limitations to this perk?
Unfortunately, yes. Here’s what you need to know:
- Not every museum is participating in the program. Despite that, there are more than 200 participating museums across the country, including the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York.
- One weekend of free access per month. You can get free admission only during the first full weekend of the month. If you want to visit a museum on the other days of the month, you’ll have to buy a ticket.
- One free admission per card. If you’re visiting a museum alone and you have one Bank of America credit card, there’s nothing to worry about. But if you’re visiting with a partner, you need another Bank of America card to get free entrance for the two of you.
- Primary cardholder. Only primary cardholders get free access. Authorized users don’t get this perk.
- You can’t access all museum events. For example, special exhibitions, ticketed shows and fundraising events are excluded from this perk.
Compare Bank of America cards with museum discounts
Whichever Bank of America credit card you choose, know that they are all eligible for the museum offers. Compare Bank of America card to find one that suits your financial needs.
What museums accept Bank of America cards for free admission?
More than 200 museums across the country participate in the Bank of America Museums on Us program, so you’re likely to find a museum you would love to visit. You can find the full list of participating museums on the Bank of America website, but we’ve listed a few here to give you an idea of what you can see in various cities:
- New York. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum and Museum of the City of New York.
- Chicago. Adler Planetarium, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago History Museum, DuSable Museum of African American History and National Veterans Art Museum (Saturdays only).
- Philadelphia. African American Museum in Philadelphia, Museum of the American Revolution, National Museum of American Jewish History and Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- San Antonio. Briscoe Western Art Museum, McNay Art Museum, San Antonio Museum of Art, The DoSeum: San Antonio’s Museum for Kids and Witte Museum.
- Seattle. Northwest African American Museum, Seattle Art Museum and Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience.
If you already own a Bank of America credit card and you love visiting museums, enjoy free admission during the first full weekend of every month at participating museums across the country.
But if you don’t have a Bank of America credit card, consider applying for one to use this perk.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert