1st Colonial Community Bank loans review
A two-branch New Jersey bank offers the basics to local business owners.
Bottom line: This small bank offers a wide range of SBA loans and real estate financing — with a personal touch. But acquisitions are common for banks of this size.
Lines of credit, business acquisition loans, SBA loans, commercial construction loans, commercial real estate loans, personal loans, vehicle loans, home equity lines of credit, mortgages
Types of loans available
|Types of loans available||Lines of credit, business acquisition loans, SBA loans, commercial construction loans, commercial real estate loans, personal loans, vehicle loans, home equity lines of credit, mortgages|
|Number of branches||2|
|Customer service hours||8 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Customer service options||Phone, email|
What is 1st Colonial Community Bank
1st Colonial Community Bank is a small New Jersey bank with two branches. It has one location in Collingswood and another in Westville. Like other community banks, its stated mission is to provide relationship-based banking to support the local community.
It's been involved in several local initiatives, like providing bags to the annual Collingswood Book Festival and financial support to the The Joseph Fund of Camden and local high school sports teams.
What types of loans does 1st Colonial offer?
1st Colonial Community Bank offers your standard business and personal financing options:
- SBA loans. Government-backed financing from $20,000 to $5 million through the 7(a), 504 and Express programs.
- Working capital lines of credit. Access to cash to cover short-term business costs like purchasing inventory.
- Business acquisition loans. Term loans designed to help your business purchase another company.
- Commercial construction loans. Financing for making improvements or building a new facility.
- Commercial real estate loans. Financing to buy land or a facility for business use.
- Personal and vehicle loans. Secured term loans to buy a car with rates starting at 4% APR, or unsecured loans for a personal expense starting at 11% APR.
- Home equity loans and lines of credit. Loans and lines of credit backed by your home come with rates starting at 4.25% APR.
- Mortgages. Find a wide range of home loans, including conventional, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
How does borrowing with 1st Colonial work?
You can get started on your loan application by setting up an appointment with a commercial loan officer. If you're interested in an SBA loan, contact the SBA loan department at 856-427-1136 ext 136 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, send an email to one of 1st Colonial Bank's commercial loan officers.
Typically your loan officer will go over your business's finances and work with you to come up with the right loan for your business's needs. This process can take a few weeks the first time around. But as your loan officer gets to know your business, future rounds of funding tend to have a faster turnaround.
How to get started
Here's how to find the contact information for 1st Colonial's commercial loan officers.
- Go to the 1st Colonial website.
- Click Business in the main menu and select Business lending.
- Hit Meet our lenders to get the contact information for any of its commercial lenders.
- Offers SBA 7(a), 504 and Express loans
- Displays personal loan rates online
- Strong involvement in community
- No term loan program outside of SBA loans mentioned online
- Branch hours and phone number not listed online
- Only two branches
See more business loans
Check out how 1st Colonial Community Bank stacks up against select online lenders.
1st Colonial Community Bank reviews and complaints
|Glassdoor||3.8 out of 5 stars, based on 2 customer reviews|
|Indeed||3.5 out of 5 stars, based on 2 customer reviews|
|Customer reviews verified as of|
1st Colonial Community Bank doesn't have any online customer reviews. This is normal for a bank of this size. You can get an idea of what you're signing up for by reaching out to other business owners in your community.
What do employees say?
There are only a few online employee reviews, which are mixed. One loan officer complains that they were rushed to close loans and didn't always properly evaluate applications. But with so few reviews, it's hard to make any kind of judgement on the rate of employee turnover, which can impact your experience as a borrower.
What other products does it offer?
You might want to sign up for a few of these products for your business and yourself if you choose to become a 1st Colonial customer.
- ACH and wire transfer
- Checking and savings accounts
- Merchant services
- Personal safe deposit boxes
- Positive pay
Where does 1st Colonial Community Bank have branches?
1st Colonial has branches in Collingswood and Westville, New Jersey.
1040 Haddon Avenue
Collingswood, New Jersey
Westville, New Jersey
1st Colonial Community Bank history
1st Colonial Community Bank is relatively new compared to other local banks. It's only been around for two decades — and only has two branches outside its main office.
Banks this small rarely stay that size. It's likely that 1st Colonia Community Bank will either acquire or be acquired by another community bank in the area.
This can affect your experience as a customer. You might not be working with the same team or have the same options after a merger. You can sometimes avoid this by working with a slightly larger, more established bank.
Compare more lenders by visiting our guide to the best business loans of 2020.