Get the cash you need when you need it, even if it’s Saturday or Sunday.
If you find yourself caught short, there are services you can turn to, even on the weekend. If you’re in need of emergency financing, you may want to look into a weekend payday loan.
Our guide below will help you decide which loan option is right for you.
I need a weekend short term loan. What options do I have?
If you’re in need of emergency weekend funds you should consider some of the options below:
- An online short term lender who disburses funds during the weekend. Some online lenders accept and approve applications electronically outside of normal hours, and if the lender operates on a Saturday or Sunday, you can receive your funds then with an in-store pickup.
- A short term debit card loan. If you’re in need of instant funds you might consider a lender who offers a short term loan debit card. These loans give you instant access to your approved funds any time, including on the weekend.
- A storefront short term lender. Many lenders who operate out of storefronts can accept applications and disburse approved funds quickly after approval. If you can find a lender in a convenient location to you open on the weekend, this is an option to consider.
If you can wait until Monday, there are more loan options
Note that the loan amount is based on the lender’s max and will vary based on where you live. Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
A selection of lender matching services you can apply with
These lender-matching services are not lenders, loan brokers or agents for any lender or loan broker. They also do not make credit decisions. They focus on trying to match you with a lender that might be able to provide you the funds you seek. Note that the max loan amount is based on the matching services max amount, but it will vary based on your state of residence. If you proceed with one of these services, confirm that the lender is reputable by checking with your local government.
How does it work?
The process depends on whether you apply online or in-store.
If you opt for an online application, some short term loan providers complete the application and approval in as little as 15 minutes, but the standard turnaround time is a few hours. Once you sign the loan contract, your funds will be deposited in your bank account as soon as the next business day.
Applying in-store is generally much quicker. There is a short application process followed by the lender reviewing your application and providing you with an answer almost immediately. If you’re approved, the lender can give you your funds in the form of a check, cash or debit card.
Whether you apply online or in-store, you will have to repay your loan in full, usually on your next payday.
What features do weekend short term loans offer?
While many weekend short term lenders offer the same features, there are some differences to watch out for to help you find the best loan to apply for.
- Multiple loan options. You can choose to approach lenders directly, or you can use a loan-matching service to assist you with the process.
- Quicker processing time. Some short term loan providers disburse your funds soon after approval, but if the approval itself takes take time, you could end up waiting longer for your money.
- High fees. State regulations differ and can have a major impact on fees. Find out just what fees you’ll have to pay before you apply.
- Access to an in-store network. Some short term loan providers have store networks across the US and many operate online. You’ll generally find it hard to locate stores that remain open over the weekend, so your best bet is to get an online loan where you’ll be transferred the funds electronically.
When do you have to apply to get a quickly funded loan?
|Lender||Can I receive quick funding?||When do you have to apply by?|
|100 Day Loans||Depends on the lender.|
|Advance America||In-store loans are funded within 10 to 15 minutes. Online loan applications received prior to 8 p.m. EST are funded the following bank days.|
|CashAdvance.com||Loans are funded in 1 to 2 business days.|
|CashNetUSA||Loans approved before 9 p.m. CST Mon to Thurs are funded the next banking day. Loans approved outside these hours are funded on Monday unless it’s a bank holiday.|
|Cash Central||Loans approved before 7:45 p.m. EST Mon to Thurs or anytime Fri to Sat and are deposited the next banking day. Loans approved after 7:45 p.m. or on Sunday will be deposited Tuesday.|
|Check City||In-store applications are funded within 15 minutes. Online applications are funded that business day if submitted before 7 p.m. MST on weekdays or 8 p.m. MST on Saturdays. Sundays and holidays take an additional business day for approval and are funded the next business day.|
|Check into Cash||In-store funding available on weekends (some stores are closed on Sundays). Online applicants can pick up their approved loans in-store.|
|LendUp||If your loan is approved by 5 p.m. PST Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), you will generally receive your funds the next business day. Exact funding time depends on your bank.|
|LoanMart||Apply in-store for weekend funding.|
|NetLoanUSA||Varies between lenders.|
|Personal Money Store||Varies between lenders.|
|Speedy Cash||In-store cash or prepaid debit card pickup.|
|TrustedLoanNetwork||Varies between lenders.|
|USPayDayCashFast.com||Funding on the next bank day.|
The pros and cons of weekend short term loans
- You’ll get your money anytime, from anywhere. Some short term loan providers let you get short term loans any day of the week, day or night. Since they offer loans online, you can apply for one just about anywhere.
- You’ll be able to use the funds for any purpose. Short term loan providers don’t place restrictions on how you use the money you get as long as you use it for legitimate purposes.
- A bad credit score is OK. Unlike traditional lenders, short term lenders accept applications from individuals who have a poor or bad credit history. What’s important is demonstrating an ability to repay the money you borrow.
- You’ll pay a higher APR. One of the biggest drawbacks of short term loans is high fees. Make sure you’re aware of how much you’ll be expected to repay. These can change depending on what state you live in and what your credit score is like.
- The loans are only short term. No matter how much money you borrow, expect to repay the entire amount on your next payday. Short term loans are not a solution to larger debt.
- Predatory lenders. When you need money now, it’s easy to go with the first lender you find, but be sure to check if they are reputable before signing a loan contract. This will save you time and money in the long run.
When should you avoid a weekend short term loan?
- Avoid a loan you can’t repay. If you think you’ll have trouble repaying your loan, don’t take it out. Late or missed payments will lead to extra charges, costing you more money.
- Avoid skimming your loan offer document. Before you accept the loan, take time to go through its terms and conditions carefully. This should give you a clear picture of the fees and charges you might have to pay under various circumstances.
- Avoid bad terms. If you have a loan offer that is extremely costly and full of fees, you’re under no obligation to accept the terms. There are lender-matching services that can help you find a better loan.
Bill's car needs a repair
Bill works weekends in a diner in the city. He has a 30-minute drive to get into work each day, but this morning his car won’t start. It’s three days before his paycheck is cleared and he doesn’t have the spare $400 for his corner mechanic.
Bill quickly jumps on his cellphone, compares weekend loans and applies online. He finds a lender with 24/7 application processing and gets his loan funded the day after being approved.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Compare short term loans in your state
Questions we frequently get asked about weekend short term loans
What is the difference between a direct lender and a loan matching service?
A loan matching service does not provide loans directly. Instead, it works in matching your application with suitable direct lenders from its panel. This can help you to compare, but your ultimate loan contract will be with the provider, not the matching service.
What is the maximum amount I can borrow?
State regulations set limits the maximum amount you can borrow, and some lenders require you work up a tiered system before you can borrow the maximum allowed amount.
What eligibility criteria do I have to meet to apply for a weekend short term loan?
You should meet state-specific minimum age requirements, have a steady source of income and have the ability to repay the amount borrowed. Each lender will have a range of income requirements and others may need you to be employed.
Why haven't I been transferred my funds?
There are a number of reasons your loan hasn’t hit your account yet. This could be due to your bank, the lender you applied with or the fact you haven’t been approved. Check with the company you applied with first before seeking more loans.
Can I get a weekend loan without a bank account?
Possibly. Some lenders offer loans that can be deposited onto prepaid debit cards or picked up as cash in-store. Be sure to check that the lender processes applications on the weekend.