Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Weekend short-term loans
Find out how you can get the cash you need, even if it’s Saturday or Sunday.
If you find yourself caught short, there are services you can turn to, even on the weekend. You may be able to apply for emergency financing on the weekend, but learn how quickly you can receive the approved funds with various lenders.
Can I get a cash loan on the weekend?
Possibly. To actually receive the funds on the weekend, you’ll need to pick up your cash from an in-store lender in your area.
If you apply through an online lender, you may be be able to get your loan application approved quickly but funds will be disbursed as early as the next business day.
- Bad credit is OK
- No application fee
- Debt education resources
CashUSA Installment Loans
A connection service for quick cash loans up to $10,000.
- Minimum loan amount: $500
- Maximum loan amount: $10,000
- Turnaround time: As early as 1 business day
- Loan term: 90 days to 72 months
- Must have a monthly income of $1,000+ after taxes and valid checking account.
I need a weekend short-term loan. What options do I have?
If you’re in need of emergency weekend funds you could consider some of the options below:
- An online short-term lender. Some online lenders accept and approve applications electronically outside of normal hours, and if the lender operates on a Saturday or Sunday, you can receive your funds then with an in-store pickup.
- A debit card loan. You might consider a lender who offers a short-term loans on a prepaid debit card. If you already have an eligible debit card, you could receive funds faster than with a transfer to your bank account.
- A storefront short-term lender. Many lenders who operate out of storefronts can accept applications and disburse approved funds quickly after approval. If you can find a lender in a convenient location to you open on the weekend, this is an option to consider. Learn about payday loan locations in your area to see what locations are near you.
If you can wait until Monday, there are more options
Note that the loan amount is based on the lender’s max and will vary based on where you live. Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
A selection of lender matching services you can apply with
These lender-matching services are not lenders, loan brokers or agents for any lender or loan broker. They also do not make credit decisions. They focus on trying to match you with a lender that might be able to provide you the funds you seek. Note that the max loan amount is based on the matching services max amount, but it will vary based on your state of residence. If you proceed with one of these services, confirm that the lender is reputable by checking with your local government.
How does the application process work?
The process depends on whether you apply online or in-store.
If you opt for an online application, some short-term loan providers complete the application and approval in as little as 15 minutes, but the standard turnaround time is a few hours. Once you sign the loan contract, your funds will be deposited in your bank account as soon as the next business day.
Applying in-store is generally much quicker. There is a short application process followed by the lender reviewing your application and providing you with an answer almost immediately. If you’re approved, the lender can give you your funds in the form of a check, cash or debit card.
Whether you apply online or in-store, you will have to repay your loan in full, usually on your next payday.
What features do weekend short-term loans offer?
While many weekend short-term lenders offer the same features, there are some differences to watch out for to help you find the best loan to apply for.
- Multiple loan options. You can choose to approach lenders directly, or you can use a loan-matching service to assist you with the process.
- Quicker processing time. Some short-term loan providers disburse your funds soon after approval, but if the approval itself takes take time, you could end up waiting longer for your money.
- High fees. State regulations differ and can have a major impact on fees. Find out just what fees you’ll have to pay before you apply.
- Access to an in-store network. Some short-term loan providers have store networks across the US and many operate online. You’ll generally find it hard to locate stores that remain open over the weekend, so your best bet is to get an online loan where you’ll be transferred the funds electronically.
When do I have to apply to get a quickly funded loan?
|Lender||Can I receive quick funding?||When do you have to apply by?|
|100 Day Loans||Depends on the lender.|
|Achieve Lending||Depends on the lender.|
|Advance America||In-store loans are funded within 10 to 15 minutes. Online loan applications received prior to 8 p.m. EST are funded the following bank days.|
|CashAdvance.com||Loans are funded in 1 to 2 business days.|
|CashNetUSA||Loans approved before 9 p.m. CST Mon to Thurs are funded the next banking day. Loans approved outside these hours are funded on Monday unless it’s a bank holiday.|
|Cash Central||Loans approved before 7:45 p.m. EST Mon to Thurs or anytime Fri to Sat and are deposited the next banking day. Loans approved after 7:45 p.m. or on Sunday will be deposited Tuesday.|
|Check City||In-store applications are funded within 15 minutes. Online applications are funded that business day if submitted before 7 p.m. MST on weekdays or 8 p.m. MST on Saturdays. Sundays and holidays take an additional business day for approval and are funded the next business day.|
|Check into Cash||In-store funding available on weekends (some stores are closed on Sundays). Online applicants can pick up their approved loans in-store.|
|LendUp||If your loan is approved by 5 p.m. PST Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), you will generally receive your funds the next business day. Exact funding time depends on your bank.|
|LoanMart||Apply in-store for weekend funding.|
|NetLoanUSA||Varies between lenders.|
|Personal Money Network||Varies between lenders.|
|Speedy Cash||In-store cash or prepaid debit card pickup.|
|TrustedLoanNetwork||Varies between lenders.|
|USPayDayCashFast.com||Funding on the next bank day.|
Pros and cons of weekend short-term loans
- You’ll get your money anytime, from anywhere. Some short-term loan providers let you get short-term loans any day of the week, day or night. Since they offer loans online, you can apply for one just about anywhere.
- You’ll be able to use the funds for any purpose. short-term loan providers don’t place restrictions on how you use the money you get as long as you use it for legitimate purposes.
- A bad credit score is OK. Unlike traditional lenders, short-term lenders accept applications from individuals who have a poor or bad credit history. What’s important is demonstrating an ability to repay the money you borrow.
- You’ll pay a higher APR. One of the biggest drawbacks of short-term loans is high fees. Make sure you’re aware of how much you’ll be expected to repay. These can change depending on what state you live in and what your credit score is like.
- The loans are only short-term. No matter how much money you borrow, expect to repay the entire amount on your next payday. short-term loans are not a solution to larger debt.
- Predatory lenders. When you need money as soon as possible, it’s easy to go with the first lender you find, but be sure to check if they are reputable before signing a loan contract. This will save you time and money in the long run.
When should you avoid a weekend short-term loan?
- Avoid a loan you can’t repay. If you think you’ll have trouble repaying your loan, don’t take it out. Late or missed payments will lead to extra charges, costing you more money.
- Avoid skimming your loan offer document. Before you accept the loan, take time to go through its terms and conditions carefully. This should give you a clear picture of the fees and charges you might have to pay under various circumstances.
- Avoid bad terms. If you have a loan offer that is extremely costly and full of fees, you’re under no obligation to accept the terms. There are lender-matching services that can help you find a better loan.
Bill's car needs a repair
Bill works weekends in a diner in the city. He has a 30-minute drive to get into work each day, but this morning his car won’t start. It’s three days before his paycheck is cleared and he doesn’t have the spare $400 for his corner mechanic.
Bill quickly jumps on his cellphone, compares weekend loans and applies online. He finds a lender with 24/7 application processing and gets his loan funded the next business day after being approved.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert