Get the cash you need when you need it, even if it’s Saturday or Sunday.
It’s difficult to plan for everything in life, and that’s especially true when it comes to finances. If you find yourself caught short, there are services you can turn to, even if it’s the weekend. One option to consider if you’re in need of emergency finance is a short term loan.
Most short term loan providers don’t offer their services over the weekend, but some will be able to offer weekend loans. Other options you can consider are short term loan debit cards or applying for a short term loan in-store. Find out about all these options in our weekend short term loan guide below.
Check into Cash Loans
Check into Cash allows you to directly apply for a payday loan and have your cash when you need it.
- Min. Loan Amount: $50
- Loan Term: Varies by state
- Turnaround Time: 1–2 business days
- Total Costs: Varies depending on the amount and your state of residency.
- Must be 18+
- No security needed
- Confidential and secure!
I need a weekend short term loan. What options do I have?
If you’re in need of emergency weekend funds you can consider any of the options below:
- An online short term lender that can disburse funds over the weekend. Some online lenders offer applications that are accepted and approved electronically, and can be done so out of normal hours. If the lender operates on a Saturday or Sunday you can receive your funds on those days. Another option is opting for a lender that accepts online applications and then allows in-store pickups. One example of these lenders is Check Into Cash.
- A short term debit card loan. If you’re in need of instant funds you can consider a lender that offers a short term loan debit card. These loans allow you instant access to any approved funds in future, including on the weekend.
- A storefront short term lender. Many lenders that operate out of storefronts can accept applications and disburse approved funds quickly after approval. If you can find a lender in a convenient location to you and that’s open on the weekend, it may be an option to consider.
When do you have to apply to get your loan funded on a weekend?
|Lender||Can you receive funding on the weekend?||When do you have to apply by?|
|100 Day Loans||Depends on the lender.|
|Achieve Lending||Depends on the lender.|
|Advance America||In-store loans are funded within 10-15 minutes. Online loan applications received prior to 8 p.m. ET are funded the following banking days.|
|CashAdvance.com||Loans are funded in 1-2 business days.|
|CashNetUSA||Loans approved before 9 p.m. CT Mon-Thurs are funded the next banking day, loans approved outside these hours are funded on Monday unless it’s a bank holiday.|
|Cash Central||Loans approved before 7:45 p.m. ET Mon-Thurs or anytime on Friday and Saturday are deposited the next banking day. Loans approved after 7:45 p.m. on Sunday will be deposited on Tuesday.|
|Check City||In-store applications can be funded within 15 minutes. Online will fund the business day if submitted before 7 p.m. MT on weekdays or 8 p.m. MT on Saturdays. Sundays and holidays will take an additional business day for approval and fund the business day after that.|
|Check into Cash||In-store funding available on weekends (some stores closed on Sundays) and online applicants can pick up their approved loans in-store.|
|LendUp||If you have a debit card that is supported and live in a state where it is available, you can pay a fee to receive a 15-minute transfer. If you’re a Wells Fargo customer and a resident of a state where the service is available you can select a same-day transfer.|
|LoanMart||You can apply in-store for weekend funding.|
|Net Credit||Next banking day funding.|
|NetLoanUSA||Varies between lenders.|
|Personal Money Store||Varies between lenders.|
|Speedy Cash||If you visit a store you can pick up cash or have it loaded onto a prepaid debit card.|
|TrustedLoanNetwork||Varies between lenders.|
|USPayDayCashFast.com||Next banking day funding.|
How does it work?
The process depends on whether you apply online or at a storefront. If you opt for an online application, some short term loan providers complete the application, approval and funds disbursement process in as little as 15 minutes, but the standard turnaround time is a few hours.
With a weekend short term loan you can look forward to a quick application process, followed by the lender reviewing your application and providing you with an answer almost immediately. If you apply in-store the process is much quicker.
Whether you apply online or in-store, you will then repay your loan in full, usually on your next payday, with maximum terms varying between states.
If you can wait until Monday, here’s a selection of loans you can apply for
Here are some loan providers that you can apply to. Note that the max loan amount is based on the lender’s max amount and vary based on your state of residence. Check the websites of any providers you’re interested in to confirm they operate in your state of residence.
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
A selection of lender matching services you can apply with
These lender matching services are not lenders, loan brokers or agents for any lender or loan broker. They also do not make credit decisions. They focus on trying to match you with a lender that might be able to provide you the funds you seek. Note that the max loan amount is based on the matching services max amount, but it will vary based on your state of residence. If you proceed with one of these services, confirm that the lender is reputable by checking with your local government.
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
What features do weekend short term loans offer?
While many weekend short term lenders offer the same features, there are some differences to watch out for to help you find the best loan to apply for:
- Multiple loan options. You can choose to approach direct lenders, or you can use a loan matching service to assist you with the process.
- Quicker processing time. Some short term loan providers disburse your funds soon after approval, but if the approval itself takes take time, you could end up waiting longer for your money. Some short term lenders can process loan applications in minutes.
- Higher than normal fees. State regulations differ and can have a major impact on fees. Find out just what fees you’ll have to pay before you apply.
- Access to an in-store network. Some short term loan providers have store networks across the US, and many operate online. You’ll generally find it hard to locate stores that remain open over the weekend, so your best bet is to get an online loan where, you’ll be transferred the funds electronically
The good and the not-so-good of weekend short term loans
The good things to look for
- You’ll get your money anytime, from anywhere. Some short term loan providers let you get short term loans at any time of the day or night, any day of the week. Since they offer such loans online, you can apply for one from just about anywhere.
- You’ll be able to use the funds for any purpose. Short term loan providers don’t place restrictions on how you use the money you get, as long as you use it for legitimate purposes. You can use money from a short term loan to pay for medical expenses, to repair your car or for home repairs.
- Bad credit score is okay. Unlike traditional lenders, short term lenders accept applications from individuals who have poor or bad credit history. What’s important is demonstrating an ability to repay the money you borrow.
The not-so-good things to watch out for
- You’ll pay a higher APR. One of the biggest drawbacks of short term loans is high fees. Make sure you’re aware of how much you’ll be expected to repay. These can change depending on what state you live in and what your credit score is like.
- The loans are only for a short term. No matter how much money you borrow, expect to repay the entire amount on your next payday or within the short term. Short term loans are not solutions to larger debt. Ensure you don’t get trapped in a cycle of bad debt.
When should you avoid a weekend short term loan?
Getting a short term loan if you think you might have trouble repaying on time is not a good idea. Repaying your loan later than scheduled will see you charged late fees and it can also have an adverse effect on your credit score.
Be sure to check the loan’s terms and conditions carefully, because they give you a clear indication of all associated fees you might have to pay in different scenarios.
When you might need a short term loan on the weekend
Bill works weekends in a diner in the city. He has a 30-minute drive to get into work each day, but this morning his car won’t start. It’s three days before his paycheck is cleared and he doesn’t have the spare $400 for his corner mechanic.
Bill quickly jumps on his cellphone and loads up a weekend loan comparison site and applies online. He already has a debit card from the lender and his loan is paid instantly.
Questions we frequently get asked about weekend short term loans
What is the difference between a direct lender and a loan matching service?
A loan matching service does not provide loans directly. Instead, it works in matching your application with suitable direct lenders from its panel. This can help you to compare, but your ultimate loan contract will be with the provider, not the matching service.
What is the maximum amount I can borrow?
State regulations set limits the maximum amount you can borrow, and some lenders require that you work up a tiered system before you can borrow the maximum allowed amount.
What eligibility criteria do I have to meet to apply for a weekend short term loan?
You should meet state-specific minimum age requirements, have a steady source of income, and have the ability to repay the amount borrowed. Each lender will have a range of income requirements and others may need you to actually be employed.
Why haven't I been transferred my funds?
There may be a number of reasons your loan hasn’t hit your account yet. This could be due to your bank, the lender you applied with, or simply the fact you haven’t been approved. Check with the company you applied with first before applying for more loans.
Are payday loans available in my state?
Compare payday loans in your state
A weekend short term loan can give you access to much-needed money in a hurry, but given the alternatives on offer, compare your options before applying.