Find discounts on your premium while covering the necessities.
- Get a quote if you enjoy discounted coverage.
- Pick something else if you have a spotty driving record.
- Available to safe drivers only.
|States served||California, Oregon|
|Pay schedule||12 months, monthly (fee applies)|
|Claims methods||online, phone|
|New car protection||No|
- Many discounts.
- Low deductible options.
- Rental car coverage.
- List of limitations.
- Few coverage options.
- Limited service.
- Safe drivers only.
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Defensive driving discount||Yes|
|Good student discount||Yes|
|Safety device discount||Yes|
|Special employment discount||No|
|Other discounts||Applicable to drivers licensed less than two years who have successfully completed both a Driver Education and a Driver Training Course.|
|Temporary & short term coverage||No|
How do I qualify for Wawanesa car insurance?
Wawanesa enforces strict eligibility for drivers to get coverage, but the company is transparent about who it covers. You must meet five licensing and driving requirements:
- Valid license for three consecutive years
- No at-fault accidents within the past three years
- Not more than one minor traffic violation for drivers over 25 in the past three years
- No minor traffic violations in the past three years for drivers under 25
- No convictions of impaired driving or vehicular manslaughter in the past three years
What car insurance coverage does Wawanesa offer?
Wawanesa provides standard coverage to get you on the road:
- Property damage liability. Repairs other people’s property, such as vehicles, fences or building damage.
- Bodily injury liability. Covers medical bills related to an accident you caused.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury. Takes care of medical expenses for you or your passengers if the driver at fault can’t cover you, and at the same limits as your bodily injury liability, unless otherwise indicated.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist property damage. Pays for up to $20,000 in car repairs if an at-fault driver doesn’t carry enough insurance to cover expenses.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Reimburses medical bills, income loss or child care if an accident leaves you down and out.
- Collision. Takes care of repairs to your own car after a collision where you’re at fault.
- Comprehensive. Covers damage not related to car collision, including fire, theft, broken glass or storm damage.
What extra benefits and add-ons does Wawanesa offer?
The company doesn’t offer a robust list of add-ons. Instead, you can choose from three options:
- Roadside assistance. Reimburses you for minor roadside needs two times a year for a six-month policy or four times a year for a 12-month policy. Includes up to $100 when you go through an approved service provider or $50 for other providers.
- Rental expenses. Pays for a rental while your car is in the shop if you also carry comprehensive or collision. Choose limits of up to $750 for a 12-month policy or up to $1,500 for a six-month policy.
- Original manufacturer parts. Repair your car with original parts for cars of up to 11 years old with both comprehensive and collision coverage.
What car insurance discounts can I get with Wawanesa?
Wawanesa offers several discounts you might not see with other insurers:
- Driver training. Young drivers can shave savings off the premium by completing an approved safety course.
- Mature driver improvement. Drivers ages 55 and older can net a discount for driver safety training.
- Antitheft recovery. Get a discount if your car is equipped with a vehicle recovery system like LoJack or GM OnStar.
- Multicar. Save money by keeping all your cars insured on one policy.
- Previous insurance. Receive a discount for carrying an auto policy with a previous insurer before signing up with Wawanesa.
- High credit-based insurance score. Get a lower rate with a high credit-based insurance score, which shows insurers you pay bills on time and manage credit and debt well, among other factors.
- Autopay and e-statements. Sign up for automatic payments and email statements for a quick and easy discount.
- Multipolicy. Bundle your home, car, renters and other insurance policies for convenience and discounts.
- Customer loyalty. Get rewarded each time you renew your policy with Wawanesa.
- Military. Active or retired members of the US Armed Forces are eligible for a discount.
Pros and cons of Wawanesa car insurance
- Many discounts. The company offers multiple ways to shave money off your premium, a few you won’t find elsewhere.
- Low deductible options. Keep your policy free of claims for 18 months to qualify for a $0 or $50 deductible on comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Rental car coverage. Wawanesa extends your policy to the cars you rent for vacation or other needs.
- List of limitations. Low rates come with stipulations, such as covering only a small amount for roadside service providers not approved by Wawanesa.
- Few coverage options. Wawanesa covers the necessities but little more with few add-ons.
- Limited service. The company covers drivers in Oregon and California only.
- Safe drivers only. Wawanesa’s eligibility requirements leave room only for the healthiest of driving records.
Alternatives to Wawanesa
How to apply for Wawanesa car insurance
Get started with this local insurer in five steps from your phone or computer:
- Go to Wawanesa’s Auto Quotes page to sign up for a quote online. Or talk with a Quote Specialist at 877-929-2637.
- Confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Indicate your vehicle, preferred coverage and driving record information. Click Continue.
- Enter your personal information and finalize your details.
- Get your quote, accept coverage and enter your payment details.
What info do I need to apply?
Speed up the application process by gathering information that includes your:
- Vehicle make, model and license plate or VIN
- Driving record details
- Coverage needs
- Home address and phone number
- Driver’s license number
- Bank account, credit card or debit card information for payment
How to make a claim with Wawanesa
File your insurance claim with Wawanesa online or by phone at any time:
- Online. Enter details about your accident through the company’s online claims form.
- Phone. Call the company with your claim any time at 877-929-2637.
Wawanesa covers the basics of your auto insurance needs with a variety of discounts to save more on your premium. But this local company prefers a history of careful driving, and coverage may not be as flexible as other insurers.
Narrow down a provider for your next car insurance policy to find the best fit for your auto, lifestyle and budget.