Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
US dollar to Mauritanian ouguiya exchange rate
Find the best USD/MRU exchange rate for 18 Apr 2021.
Refreshing in: 60s | Sun, Apr 18, 09:50AM GMT
- Cheap transfers
- Bank-beating exchange rates
- Safe and reliable
Send money to Mauritania with WorldRemit
WorldRemit sends money to 110+ countries for bank-to-bank deposits, cash pick-ups or mobile top-ups.
- No minimum transfers.
- Wide range of destinations.
- Competitive exchange rate.
How to get the best exchange rate between the USD and MRU
Visitors to Mauritania can get the best exchange rate from:
- Money changers near the capital of Nouakchott gladly accept both US dollars and euros in exchange for ouguiyas.
- ATMs around the capital city — pay attention to any international fees your bank may charge for debit or credit card use.
For those who need to send money to friends or family in Mauritania, money transfer services offer strong exchange rates and fast transaction speed. Services like Wise will actually let you exchange money at the official mid-market exchange rate, while services like Western Union offers the option of having your recipient pick up cash at one of their offices instead of having the money deposited into a bank account.
|Bank notes:||$1, $5, $10, $20, $50, $100|
|Coins:||1c, 5c, 10c, 25c, 50c|
|Bank notes:||100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 ouguiya|
|Coins:||1 khoums (⅕ Ouguiya), 1 ouguiya|
What affects exchange rates between the US dollar and the Mauritanian ouguiya?
The Mauritanian ouguiya is a freely convertible currency today, meaning the exchange rate between the dollar and the ouguiya is determined by the global foreign exchange market.
Other factors that can affect exchange rates in the foreign exchange market includes everything from:
- Economic growth
- Political stability
- Interest rates in both countries — generally, the country with higher interest rates has a stronger currency because it’s able to earn higher interest
Send money from USD to MRU
How does the Mauritanian ouguiya trade against the US dollar historically?
The exchange rate of the Mauritanian ouguiya has been weakening at a steady pace against the US dollar over the past 10 years.
- Between 2012 and 2015. The exchange rate between the ouguiya and the dollar remained very stable with only small fluctuations seen at an exchange rate of about 290 ouguiyas per dollar. By mid 2015 however, a sharp period of depreciation started for the Mauritian currency, resulting in the US dollar being worth over 350 ouguiyas by the beginning of 2016.
- Since 2016. The exchange rate has again stabilized at a level just over 350 ouguiyas per dollar. In December 2017, the Central Bank of Mauritania announced a redenomination of the currency, replacing the current denomination at a rate of 1 to 10. Along with the redenomination, a new series of coins is expected to be issued by the central bank.
US Dollar to the Mauritanian Ouguiya for the last 10 days
|Apr 08||Apr 09||Apr 10||Apr 11||Apr 12||Apr 13||Apr 14||Apr 15||Apr 16||Apr 17|
|1 USD =||36.0202 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9971 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9700 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9700 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9952 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9600 Inverse: 0.0278||35.7800 Inverse: 0.0279||35.9100 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9300 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9300 Inverse: 0.0278|
US Dollar to the Mauritanian Ouguiya for the last 10 months
|Jun 2020||Jul 2020||Aug 2020||Sep 2020||Oct 2020||Nov 2020||Dec 2020||Jan 2021||Feb 2021||Mar 2021|
|1 USD =||37.9329 Inverse: 0.0264||37.7300 Inverse: 0.0265||37.5600 Inverse: 0.0266||37.5125 Inverse: 0.0267||37.4051 Inverse: 0.0267||37.1000 Inverse: 0.0270||36.1800 Inverse: 0.0276||36.3994 Inverse: 0.0275||35.9600 Inverse: 0.0278||35.9369 Inverse: 0.0278|
US Dollar to the Mauritanian Ouguiya(MRU) for the last 10 years
|Apr 2011||Apr 2012||Apr 2013||Apr 2014||Apr 2015||Apr 2016||Apr 2017||Apr 2018||Apr 2019||Apr 2020|
|1 USD =||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||0.0000||35.4700 Inverse: 0.0282||36.5750 Inverse: 0.0273||37.2500 Inverse: 0.0268|
Market rate for common transfer amounts USD to MRU
|US Dollars (USD)||Mauritanian Ouguiya (MRU)|
Exchange rates from USD to other currencies
More guides on Finder
Remittances weakened by a struggling US dollar
Understanding your money sending options can help you send the most money abroad while the dollar struggles.
Paysend offers transfers to more than 70 countries through its app and online service.
Sending money internationally during the coronavirus pandemic
Learn about how COVID-19 may affect the ways you transfer cash around the world.
Learn about how TransferMate’s personal product works and what it can do for you.
XE vs. OFX money transfers
Check out this side-by-side comparison of XE and OFX to find out which provider offers the best value on international money transfers.
XE vs. Western Union
We compare XE’s and Western Union’s fees, exchange rates and transfer speeds side by side.
Best places to exchange currency in Sydney
Your guide to currency exchange services in Sydney, including where to find the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Best places to exchange currency in Calgary
Compare services and find out tips and tricks to help you get the best deal on your next foreign currency exchange in Calgary.
Best places to exchange currency in Edmonton
Looking for the best deal on foreign currency exchange in Edmonton? Compare popular services and get tips to make the most out of your next transaction.
Best places to exchange currency in Mississauga
Compare services and find out tips and tricks to help you get the best deal on your next foreign currency exchange in Mississauga.
Ask an Expert