What you need to know before travelling to Spain from the United Kingdom during COVID-19
The latest on quarantine status, COVID-19 vaccine and test requirements and local restrictions for Brits travelling to Spain.
In this guide, you’ll find out the details of travelling from United Kingdom to Spain and what’s open as well as permit, quarantine and COVID-19 testing requirements.
Can I travel from United Kingdom to Spain?Spain is currently open to all visitors from United Kingdom, including Spanish citizens, permanent residents and tourists. British travellers can also expect a digital health certificate scheme to be introduced by the Spanish government in June 2021 which requires you to be either fully vaccinated, have a negative COVID-19 test result or hold proof you've recovered from the virus.
British travellers are able to visit Spain quarantine-free unless you’re arriving from one of the following countries where a 10-day quarantine period is required:
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Latest information for Spain
|Number of cases in past 7 days||Border status||Vaccine required?|
COVID-19 statistics in Spain vs United Kingdom
New COVID-19 Deaths
Total Population Vaccinated for COVID-19 (%)
Getting to Spain and travelling around once there
Which entry points in Spain are open to travellers from United Kingdom?Spain has multiple points of entry, and the following are accepting international travellers from United Kingdom:
- Open Borders: All, excluding Portugal
- Open Airports: All
As a traveller from United Kingdom, can I travel anywhere once I'm in Spain?Yes, once in Spain, Brits are free to travel anywhere.
What's open in Spain?
Spain is slowly but surely opening up its major sightseeing attractions for locals and British tourists alike.
Major tourist attractions that are open:
- La Sagrada Familia: Temporarily closed
- Park Guell: Open
- Alhambra: Open
- Casa Mila: Open
- La Rambla: Open
- Royal Alcazar of Seville: Open
- Museo Nacional del Prado: Open
- Walking trails, parks and beaches: Tourists from United Kingdom are able to visit Spain's national parks, including: Sierra Nevada National Park, Timanfaya National Park, Teide National Park and Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park. The beaches in Spain are open for Brits and locals to enjoy. Some shores that are recommended for Britons include: Playa de Gandia, Playa de L'Ahuir, Playa de Monsul, Playa de Bolonia, Playa de Rompeculos, Playa de sa Boadella and Playa de Ondarreta. All British visitors must wear a mask when arriving, leaving and walking around the beach – shower and toilet facilities may be closed.
- Shopping centres and stores: Shopping centres and retail outlets are open for travellers from United Kingdom to visit but a face mask must be worn at all times.
- Puerto Marina Shopping: Open
- Centro Comercial Principe Pio:Open
- Banus Marina Mall: Open
- Moda Shopping: Open
- Aguilas Plaza Shopping Centre: Open
- Restaurants, cafes and bars: Restaurants and cafes are open for business to British travellers; however, local COVID-19 rules require a mask to be worn at all times unless you are eating or drinking. The government asks tourists from United Kingdom to book a table ahead of time as venues are running at a smaller capacity – one table can host up to four diners and six are allowed outside of Andalusia.
Can I cruise to or around Spain?At this point in time, Brits cannot cruise to Spain.
What are the entry requirements for Spain coming from United Kingdom?
Do I need a permit to enter Spain?Yes, all travellers from United Kingdom need to complete the Spain Travel Health Form – the only exception to filling out this form is for travellers who are transiting through Spain to another destination without leaving the airport (transit must be less than 24 hours).
Do I need proof I've had a vaccine to travel?Currently, British travellers don’t need to show proof of a vaccination to enter Spain.
Do I need proof I've had a negative test before departing Spain?No, only British travellers who are arriving from the following countries have to provide an Active Infection Diagnostic Test (AIDT).
- Denmark (excluding Greenland)
- The Netherlands
- Norway (excluding Nordland and Troms og Finnmark areas)
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Do I need to quarantine when I arrive in Spain?No, British travellers don't need to quarantine in Spain unless you're arriving from one of the following countries:
- South Africa
- Union of Comoros
Frequently asked questions about travelling from United Kingdom to Spain:
Current travel deals to SpainWhether or not now is the right time to travel to Spain, these deals are ready to go as soon as you are. Many companies are offering flexible travel options to Spain or are discounting future travel, so it's a great time to bag a bargain.
More guides on Finder
What you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from the United Kingdom during COVID-19
This is what you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from the United Kingdom.
What you should know about travelling to South Africa from the UK during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know about travelling to South Africa from the UK.
What to know about travelling to India from the UK during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know about travelling to India from the UK.
What to know about travelling to Singapore from the UK during COVID-19
Find out the current restrictions for travelling to Singapore from the United Kingdom.
What you need to know about travelling to New Zealand from the UK during COVID-19
Who can travel, the quarantine and immunisation rules and everything else you need to travel to New Zealand from the United Kingdom.
What to know about travelling to Fiji from the United Kingdom during COVID-19
Find out what rules are in place for travel from the United Kingdom to Fiji.
What you need to know about travelling to the Dominican Republic from the UK during COVID-19
An up-to-date guide on getting into the Dominican Republic right now.
What you should know about travelling to The Bahamas from the UK during COVID-19
These are the rules to know if you’re thinking of travelling to the Bahamas from the United Kingdom.
What you’ll need to know before travelling to Cuba from the UK during COVID-19
Searching for some sun? Cuba has it in spades. Here’s the lowdown on travelling there right now.
What to know about travelling from the UK to Indonesia during COVID-19
Who can travel, the quarantine and immunisation rules and everything else you need to travel to Indonesia from the United Kingdom.
Ask an Expert