NatWest personal loans
Use our NatWest loans calculator to see how much you'll pay back on a NatWest personal loan.
NatWest offers fixed-rate, unsecured personal loans from £1,000 to £50,000 to existing NatWest customers. You can choose a loan term of 2 to 5 years for loans up to £7,450, or up to 8 years for loans between £7,500 and £50,000.
Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Our calculator lets you pick how much you want to borrow, and see how much you’ll pay back. You can also get an idea of how NatWest’s rates stack up against other popular lenders’. We base our calculations on NatWest’s representative APR, but it’s important to note that credit is subject to status and your circumstances may affect the rate you’re offered.
NatWest offers a repayment holiday facility, which is handy, but because you continue to be charged interest during this time, it pushes up the overall cost of your loan. Our calculation also assumes that you don’t take a repayment break.
How do NatWest loans compare against the competition?
NatWest loan rates for November 2019
- NatWest Personal Loan (existing customers):3.4% p.a. fixed interest rate with no fee, on loans of £10,000 over 3 years. Apply to borrow up to £50,000.
Am I eligible for a NatWest personal loan?
You should only apply for a NatWest personal loan if you’re certain you can make your repayments, and you meet the following criteria:
Things to keep in mind
- Existing NatWest customers only. Unfortunately, NatWest loans are only available to existing customers who have had another NatWest product for at least 3 to 6 months.
- Flexible loan amounts. While many of its competitors cap personal loans at £25,000, NatWest provides personal loans of up to £50,000.
- Fast turnaround. You can get approved for a loan online within minutes, and can even receive your funds the following day if you use online banking.
- Extended loan term option. If you are getting a loan to make home improvements, you can choose a loan term up to ten years.
- Your rate may vary. NatWest personal loans are unsecured, meaning you do not need to provide an asset as security against the loan. Instead, your rate will be based on your personal credit rating. While NatWest’s rates are normally competitive, the representative APR may not be the rate you’ll receive: NatWest will offer you a rate based on assessment of your personal financial circumstances.
What is APR?
The Annual Percentage Rate (APR) provides an annual summary of the likely cost of a specific loan. It takes into account both the interest and any mandatory charges you’ll need to pay over the duration of the loan. Where a lender doesn’t charge product/admin fees – as is the case with NatWest – the interest rate and the APR will usually be the same.
All lenders must calculate and display the APR of their products in the same way, so it can be helpful when comparing the cost of different loans. However, lenders are only obliged to give this rate to 51% of customers – and the remaining 49% may pay a lot more, which is why it’s often referred to as the representative APR. The lender must tell you the APR before you sign your loan agreement.
How does a NatWest personal loan work?
If you want to get a NatWest loan, you can do so by completing the following steps:
- Start your application.
Use NatWest’s “Quick Quote” tool to see if you’re likely to be approved for a loan, and what you’ll need to pay. You can then click “Ready to apply” to begin your loan application.
- Get a decision.
Once you’ve completed your application, you should find out if you’ve been approved within a couple of minutes.
- Receive your funds.
You’ll receive your funds the next day, provided you use NatWest online banking and apply before 5.55pm between Monday to Thursday.
Frequently asked questions