1st Stop loans calculator and review

If you've been declined elsewhere, 1st Stop may still consider you for an unsecured loan if you're a homeowner and can afford the repayments.

Last updated:

1st Stop Personal Loans Ltd

Calculate the cost of a 1st Stop loan

Will you be approved?

Check your personalised rates and likelihood of acceptance.
Name Product Total Payable Monthly Repayment Representative APR Link
1st Stop Personal Loans Ltd Homeowners Unsecured Loan
Check eligibility
View details
Representative example: Borrow £10,000.00 over 3 years at a rate of 31.3% p.a. (fixed). Representative APR 31.3% and total payable £14,801.76 in monthly repayments of £411.16.

Compare up to 4 providers

Please note: You should always refer to your loan agreement for exact repayment amounts as they may vary from our results.

Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.

How do 1st Stop loans work?

You can apply online for a fixed-rate personal loan from 1st Stop and get a decision in principle in minutes, without affecting your credit score. Our 1st Stop loan calculator will help you work out how much you could pay back on an unsecured 1st Stop loan each month and overall.

If you’re approved for a personal loan with 1st Stop, it will act as a direct lender or as a broker for one of its panel of lenders.

Key features of 1st Stop personal loans

Loan typeUnsecured Personal Loan
Loan amounts£2,000.00 to £15,000.00
Loan terms2 Years to 6 Years
Loan rate typeFixed
Product fee0%
Same day funding available
Instant decisions in most cases
Soft-search facility available
Joint applications
Overpay without penalty
Concurrent loans allowed
Topping-up pays off existing loan and initiates a new loan
Repayment methodsDirect Debit

Interest rates are fixed for the duration of your repayment period, however the rate you’re offered will depend on factors such as the amount you apply for, the term of the loan, your credit rating and your income. It may differ from the advertised “representative APR”.

What is APR?

The annual percentage rate is designed to provide an annual summary of the cost of a loan. It takes into account both interest and any mandatory charges to be paid (for example an arrangement fee) over the duration of a loan.

All lenders must calculate the APR of their products in the same way, and must tell you the APR before you sign an agreement, so for consumers it can be a handy tool for comparison.

Lenders are only obliged to award their advertised representative APR to 51% of people who take out the loan – the other 49% could pay more. That’s why it’s often referred to as representative.

Am I eligible for a 1st Stop personal loan?

You should only apply for a 1st Stop personal loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also:

  • Be aged 21 years or over
  • Be a permanent UK resident
  • Be in permanent paid employment
  • Earn a gross annual income greater than £15,000 per annum
  • Not be bankrupt, under a current IVA or on a debt management arrangement

How can I apply?

Complete the simple application form online with details of your annual income, monthly outgoings, employment and address history for the last five years. You will receive a decision in principle within minutes, and your loan agreement will be emailed to you to sign and return.

An advisor may call you if additional information is required to determine your ability to afford the repayments. You may be asked to verify your employment and bank details. Once this has been completed, if you’re approved, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.

Frequently asked questions

Will you be approved?

Check your personalised rates and likelihood of acceptance.

We show offers we can track - that's not every product on the market...yet. Unless we've said otherwise, products are in no particular order. The terms "best", "top", "cheap" (and variations of these) aren't ratings, though we always explain what's great about a product when we highlight it. This is subject to our terms of use. When you make major financial decisions, consider getting independent financial advice. Always consider your own circumstances when you compare products so you get what's right for you.

Read more on this topic

Go to site