- Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. For help, contact the Money Advice Service.
PartPay review: Get it now and pay in parts
Want to test out the newest must-have product but strapped for cash right now? PartPay could be the option for you.
PartPay is a popular payment service from New Zealand, allowing you to split your online shopping totals into four easily payable chunks. Otherwise known as buy now, pay later.
Buy now, pay later gives you a set amount of time to pay back the money you owe for your shopping once your order has been shipped. Typically this is over a period of 30 days. There’s usually no hidden fees and no interest charged.
You can browse a full list of online stores that accept PartPay here.
How does PartPay work?
PartPay partners with online retailers and offers simple third-party financing solutions for consumers who want to buy now, but need to pay later. A person will shop at their chosen online store as usual and at the checkout select PartPay as their payment method.
Once selected, they will sign in to PartPay, or create an account and provide bank or card details.
The final payment amount will be split into four equal amounts, the first 25% of which will be due immediately as the order is confirmed and the other three 25% payments will be automatically taken at two-week intervals.
Unlike traditional credit options, PartPay does not charge fees or interest, as long as payments are made on time.
Features of PartPay
- No annual fee. You’ll never pay a maintenance fee to use PartPay.
- Zero-interest options. You’ll pay no interest on your purchase, as long as you pay on time.
- Autopay. Set up automatic minimum payments from your bank account to your PartPay account.
- Safe and secure. PartPay safeguards your personal information and enforces a zero-fraud protection policy. If you see an unauthorised purchase with your account, report the problem to PartPay and the company will sort it out for you.
- Easy-to-use app. Manage your payments, report and manage returns, and chat with customer service 24/7 from your smartphone.
- Hassle-free refunds. Easily request a refund for your order and receive your money within 14 days.
How much does PartPay cost?
You pay no upfront or annual fee to use PartPay. As long as you pay your scheduled payments on time, you will only pay the ticket price advertised and not a penny more.
But if you miss a scheduled payment, and don’t process a payment before midnight on the day it is due, you will be charged a £4 default fee and a further £4 for every week it is outstanding.
This is why it’s a good idea to make sure you have money in your account in advance of your payments coming out. This is made easier when PartPay emails you in advance to remind you.
How to sign up for PartPay
New customer sign-up only takes 2-3 minutes, but you will need to be over 18 to get an account.
You will also need a UK issued Visa or Mastercard (both debit and credit are good), as well as living in the UK and having a good credit history. PartPay’s automated system will review this when you sign up.
Which retailers use PartPay?
PartPay has partnerships with over 200 brands based both in the UK and New Zealand. Top retailers that offer PartPay include Bennetts, Marmot, Scarpa, Tribeca, Jetboil and The Warehouse.
Is PartPay safe?
Yes. PartPay’s website is SSL secure and it does not store your full debit card details. All payments are handled by Payment Express, a secure PCI compliant UK-based payment gateway.
Have more questions about PartPay?
Ask an Expert