BeMoto motorbike insurance review
We've analysed the specialist motorbike insurance through BeMoto. It offers multi-bike policies and won't charge an amendment fee if there's a change mid-term.
BeMoto is a specialist bike insurance broker. Legal expenses cover comes as standard with all BeMoto policies, and customers can upgrade to a Titanium policy, which includes UK and EU breakdown cover, personal accident and helmet and leathers cover. Here’s what else we think you should know about this broker.
Who is BeMoto?
BeMoto was established in 2015 to provide specialist insurance for a wide range of bikers and their bikes.
It sources insurance policies for a variety of motorcycles, quads and trikes as well as scooters, modified bikes and classic bikes.
It also offers fire and theft cover for motorcycles kept off the road in a garage under the DVLA’s scheme called SORN (Statutory Off Road Notification). And it can offer track day cover.
What are BeMoto’s levels of cover?
BeMoto offers three standard types of motorbike cover but these policies can be customised to suit you.
The legal minimum level of cover required in the UK, third party protects you if your motorbike is involved in an accident and ends up damaging another vehicle (and it covers any injuries to someone else). What it won’t cover is the costs related to repairing your bike or medical bills relating to personal injuries.
Third party, fire and theft
If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
This is the highest level of cover on offer through Aviva and will provide the same protection as TPFT as well as insuring your vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. It’s always worth checking the cost of comprehensive as it can be cheaper than third party or TPFT.
What types of motorbike insurance are available?
- Multi-bike insurance. Cover for more than one bike.
- Laid-up and SORN insurance. For bikes that aren’t on the road but still need protection.
- Track bike, track day and track day bike damage insurance. BeMoto offers protection whether your track bike is in the garage, in transit to or from events, or damaged at the circuits.
BeMoto can also cover a wide range of bikes:
- Classic and modern classic motorbike insurance
- Modified motorbike insurance
- Sports bike insurance
- Supersports and superbike insurance
- Naked bike insurance
- Off-road and dirt bike insurance
- Quad bike road-legal buggy insurance
- Moped and scooter insurance
- Cruiser and custom bike insurance
What is covered under my motorbike policy with BeMoto?
|Cover benefits||Third party||Third party, fire and theft||Comprehensive|
|Liability to other people||✓||✓||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|EU cover extension up to 90 days||✓||✓||✓|
|Legal expenses cover (known as Carbon cover)||✓||✓||✓|
When taking out a motorbike insurance policy, customers can upgrade their cover level to Titanium, which enhances their protection with UK and EU breakdown, personal accident, and helmet and leathers cover.
Check your policy details to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
BeMoto has some optional extras to provide increased protection in certain areas. Some of the additional cover options to bolt onto BeMoto motorcycle insurance are:
- Helmet and leathers cover
- Personal accident cover
- Excess contribution
Any motorbike cover offered through BeMoto is likely to become invalid if any of the following arises:
- You change the use of your motorbike from its original use. For example, changing from social, domestic and pleasure to business use.
- Your motorbike is being used by an unnamed rider on your policy or by a person that does not have a valid motorcycle licence.
- You are paid to carry pillions.
- You fail to pay for your premium.
- You change your motorbike during the policy term to a motorbike that the insurer cannot cover.
- You do not provide the correct documents to support your application.
How to save on your motorbike insurance policy through BeMoto
- Increasing security. If your motorbike is not currently fitted with an alarm, think about adding one to reduce your premium.
- Having a secure location to park your motorbike. Motorbikes kept in a garage or on a secure driveway are usually cheaper to insure.
- Reduce mileage. If you start working part-time or your long commute becomes much shorter, letting your insurer know about a reduction in your mileage could result in cheaper insurance.
- Fewer riders. Only add riders to your policy that regularly ride your motorbike
- Ride safely. Safer drivers spend less on motorbike insurance – a history of speeding tickets or claims against your insurance will increase the cost.
- Larger excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your motorbike and your riding experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for BeMoto?
Call the Bemoto claims line on 01733 907009 to make a claim.This is a 24-hour claims line open 7 days a week.
BeMoto recommends you have the following information to hand when making a claim:
- Names and contact details of everyone involved in the incident such as third parties, pillions, passengers and witnesses
- Details about the damage or injuries sustained
- The make, model and registration details of all vehicles involved in the incident
- Details of the police officer and incident reference number, if available
- Photographic evidence, if available
- Information about the road layout and weather conditions
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Insurance customers set for lower premiums, payment holidays and policy adjustments The financial watchdog confirms new measures designed to help insurance customers who may be suffering financial difficulties due to coronavirus.
Finder Home Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 See the full results of our independent customer satisfaction survey of 750 home insurance customers – who's got you feeling right at home?
Finder Travel Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 See the full results of our independent customer satisfaction survey of 750 travel insurance customers – who will you go to the ends of the world for?
Finder Life Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 See the full results of our independent customer satisfaction survey of 750 life insurance customers – who's got your heart racing?
Finder Pet Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 See the full results of our independent customer satisfaction survey of 750 pet insurance customers – who's the top dog?
Finder Car Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 See the full results of our independent customer satisfaction survey of 750 car insurance customers – who raced to the top spot?
Finder Insurance Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 Looking for insurance or thinking of changing providers? Here's what customers had to say about some of the UK's top insurers.
Methodology for insurance ratings You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our insurance companies reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
Top 50 UK insurance companies Here's our list of the top insurance providers in the UK, and how you can contact them.
John Lewis Insurance promo code Get a big discount on John Lewis insurance by using these discount and promo codes.