TalkTalk offers affordable mobile plans to all broadband customers.
TalkTalk is a broadband, telephone, mobile phone and IT support provider owned by the TalkTalk Group. The company was founded in 1995, and has been growing ever since.
Please Note: You need to have been a TalkTalk broadband customer for at least three months in order to purchase a mobile plan. If you are not already a TalkTalk broadband customer, visit our page on TalkTalk broadband for further information about the deals on offer.
What services do TalkTalk offer?
TalkTalk runs off the Vodafone network and so offers 2G and 3G coverage across the UK. They claim to provide network coverage to 99% of the population. Unfortunately at this time, TalkTalk does not support 4G network coverage.
You can find out which networks cover you by using TalkTalk’s network calculator. Simply enter in your location on their website to discover which networks cover your local area.
TalkTalk offers pay monthly plans which have a 12, 18 or 24 month lock in period. Simply choose the mobile phone you would like and then add on on of TalkTalk’s packages which include a set amount of minutes texts and data. You are also able to purchase SIM-only mobile plans and these run on a 12 month basis.
If you have any further queries about which mobile plan is right for you visit the TalkTalk website for more information.
How much does it cost?
TalkTalk mobile offers 24 month pay monthly plans as well as SIM only plans. These range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion.
Please note that if you go over you package allowance in any way before the 30 days standard rate charges will apply, visit the price guide on TalkTalk’s website for more details.
|Cheapest contract||300MB||300||260||24 Months||£3.75pm|
|Most expensive contract||4GB||2000||unlimited||24 Months||£50pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||300MB||250||unlimited||12 months||£3.75pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||2.1GB||1000||unlimited||12 months||£35pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the TalkTalk website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do TalkTalk plans offer?
- Add ons. TalkTalk allows you to purchase additional data, calls and texts.
- Double Data. TalkTalk offers a Double Data service if you buy your SIM only plan or 24 month contract online or through one of the TalkTalk call centres.
- Free family calls. TalkTalk offer free calls between family members as long as each member has a TalkTalk mobile.
What are some of TalkTalk’s pros and cons?
- Variety. EE offers a variety of different plans to suit the different needs of its customers.
- Network coverage. EE offers network coverage to 99% of the population. They offer 4G coverage to more people in the UK than any other network.
- Customer support. There is a live chat available on the EE website to support you through your decision process, you can also call and speak to an EE representative or ask the EE community for help.
- Long contracts. All of EE’s phone contracts last 24 months, which is a long time to be locked in – especially when new phones are coming out all the time.
- Price. EE’s mobile plans are often quite expensive for the amount included in the package you get, particularly for their 24 month contracts.