If you’re looking for an affordable mobile plan tailored to your individual needs then iD
iD mobile is a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO), established in 2015, it offers competitive mobile plans.
iD pride themselves on focussing on the individual customer and their needs. They aim to give customers more choice than ever before as well as maximum control and flexibility over their plan. We know that deciding which mobile provider to go for isn’t always a simple task so to make the process a little easier take a look at our review of iD’s services and offers.
What services do iD offer?
iD offers 3G network coverage which currently reaches 97% of the UK population. They also offer 4G across certain cities in the UK. You can use iD’s network calculator, to check which networks are available in your local area. Simply enter in your postcode on their website and you can find out which networks cover you.
iD offers a range of pay monthly mobile plans. These allow you to choose the phone and inclusive package you like and then pay for it in monthly instalments. These contracts last for 24 months.
iD offers SIM only plans which last for either 30 days or 12 months as well as pay as you go mobile plans. You can either purchase a pay as you go SIM and top up when you need to, or you can purchase one of iD’s pay as you go bundles.
If you have any further queries about which iD mobile plan is right for you, visit their website for further information.
How much does it cost?
iD mobile offers 24 month pay monthly plans, SIM only plans, and pay as you go plans. These range in terms of contract length, price and package inclusion.
Pay as you go plans with iD last 30 days. You can top up your pay as you go plan at any time via credit or debit card, either online or via the app, or you can top up in any Carphone Warehouse store. The minimum amount you are able to top up is £5.
This table gives an approximation of the typical prices you can expect from iD:
|Cheapest contract and phone||250MB||150||5000||24 Months||£5.99pm|
|Most expensive contract and phone||30GB||unlimited||unlimited||24 Months||£219.99 upfront, £49.99pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||250MB||250||5000||30 days||£4pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||6GB||2000||5000||30 days||£15pm|
|Cheapest SIM only||500MB||250||5000||12 months||£12.50pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||10GB||2000||5000||12 months||£25pm|
|PAYG||1p per MB||3p per min||2p per text||30 days||n/a|
|PAYG Bundle||100MB||125||unlimited||30 days||£5pm|
|PAYG Bundle||1GB||500||unlimited||30 days||£10pm|
|PAYG Bundle||4GB||1000||unlimited||30 days||£15pm|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the TalkTalk website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do iD plans offer?
- Add ons. iD allows customers to purchase extra data, calls and texts for all plans. These will last 30 days from whenever you purchase them.
- 4G calling. This is a free iD service that lets you make calls over a 4G network. Avoid indoor blackspots and receive clearer calls in more places than ever before.
- Data cushion. Hate running out of data? iD offer customers with 24-month 2GB plans an extra 10GB pot of emergency data which will kick in automatically if you ever run out of your allowance.
- Data rollover or capping feature. Each 30 day SIM plan offers you the chance to either roll over unused data to the next month or you can opt for the capping feature which lets you set a spending limit each month.
- Use abroad. If you go for one of iD’s TakeAway plans you can use your calls, texts and data in 29 countries at no extra cost.
What are some of ID’s pros and cons?
- Variety. ID offers a variety of different plans to suit the different needs of its customers
- Low cost. ID offers competitive prices starting from £4 a month
- Bolt ons. ID allows customers to buy a variety of additional features
- Network. ID only offer 4G across certain cities in the UK.