Flight deals to Bangkok
Find flight deals to Bangkok international airports.
Friendly, exotic and chaotic all at the same time, the Thai capital of Bangkok is a haven of temples, markets and street food. Popular activities for travellers include lots of shopping, authentic Thai massages, learning to cook delicious, local cuisine and experiencing the colourful nightlife.
Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) is a major international transfer hub, while Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK) serves most domestic and low-cost carrier flights. Whilst you can fly direct from the UK, budget flights tend to fly via Dubai or Guangzhou. Regular direct flights are available from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
Search for a flight to Bangkok
Bangkok flight time
- From London (direct): 11hrs 15 mins+
- From London (1 stop): 15 hrs 35 mins+
Airlines that fly to Bangkok
- British Airways
- Thai Airways
- Eva Airways
- China Southern
- Etihad Airways
Bangkok insider flight tips
- Thai Airways and British Airways operate frequent direct flights to BKK from London Heathrow. Eva Airways also flies direct from London which is usually the cheapest option if you can be flexible with your dates and book in advance.
- Depending on how long you’ll be spending in Bangkok, time of day is a big thing to consider when booking your flights. If you’re someone who can sleep on the plane then look out for overnight flights as this maximises your time when you get there. You might want to avoid wasting an entire day in transit if you’re only going for a few days.
- You can save an average of £100-£300 return on flights to Bangkok from London by travelling on a budget airline such as China Southern, Air China or Vietnam Airlines. These flights stop in Guangzhou or Hanoi, adding on an extra 3-6 hours to your journey and landing at DMK.
- If you are budgeting and opt for a stopping service then make sure you think about having the right currency for your stop over destination – airports charge you a lot more for using your card/currency card and sometimes they are not always accepted.
How to get from the airport
BKK is a major international transit hub located 30km (about 30 minutes) east of the city centre. It connects visitors easily to the city via Airport Rail Link. Regular airport express buses are also available or you can head for a counter in the arrivals hall to book a private or shared transfer. Shared transfer shuttle buses leave once the vehicle is full and charge a flat fee depending on your destination.
From DMK there are public trains and buses to central Bangkok. The train station is opposite the airport and connects to Hua Lamphong Station in the city centre in around 50 minutes. Air-conditioned buses leave from outside the arrivals area to the station and central areas of Bangkok.
If you’ve pre-booked a hotel they will usually be happy to arrange hassle-free airport transfers for you from either BKK or DMK. If you take a taxi, head straight to a metered taxi driver and ignore touts offering a cheap price as unfortunately many are scams. Always make sure the driver knows exactly where you are going – show the hotel name written down and agree on a price before getting in. Metered taxis are at level one from BKK arrivals and in front of both passenger terminals at DMK.
More guides on Finder
Review: Clear Capital Exchange international money transfers
With highly rated customer service and low fees, Clear Capital Exchange lets you send speedy international money transfers in more than 150 currencies from the UK.
Things to do on Easter for adults
Just the inspiration you need to decide what to do over Easter weekend.
Where to book Iceland holiday packages
Whether you’re looking to take a road trip around the golden circle, catch the Northern Lights or enjoy a long weekend in Reykjavik, these Iceland holiday deals will help you do it for less.
Where to book Thailand holiday packages
Discover everything you need to know about holidays in Thailand, including where to stay and how to find the best deals.
Where to book Mexico holiday packages
Not sure whether you fancy a week in the sun or a cultured city break? Experience both with one of these pre-packaged holidays in Mexico.
Where to book Dubai package holidays
Find unbeatable holiday deals to Dubai for last-minute getaways, all-inclusive stays and more, with these reputable travel companies.
January sales 2021: Holidays, flights and hotels
Shop the January sales for discounts on holidays, flights and hotels, and find deals from Expedia, hotels.com and more.
Jet2 Black Friday deals 2021 – Now live!
Discover the best deals and discounts from Jet2 this Black Friday and Christmas season. Get discounts off last-minute flights, holidays and city breaks.
Where to book package holidays in Greece
Dreaming of a holiday to Greece? Make your dreams a reality with one of these pre-packaged holiday deals.
Where to book package holidays to Turkey
A guide to everything you need to know about securing a pre-packaged holiday to Turkey.
Ask an Expert