Learn about government support and alternative options for businesses needing finance to help deal with the impact of coronavirus.Read more…
Get help with navigating the COVID-19 outbreak, from sourcing groceries to finding financial support
The World Health Organization (WHO) officially declared coronavirus a pandemic in March, and people in the UK, and around the world, are facing huge uncertainty. Finder is here to help. We’re tracking down stock each day of scarce items like toilet roll and thermometers, as well as updating guides on where to get financial help if you or your business is struggling. You’ll find our key guides below and in the menu to the left.
How can I manage and protect my money?
The coronavirus pandemic has been described as a battle on two fronts: health and the economy. Here’s how you can carefully manage your money (or potentially grow it) during the crisis.
- Taking a mortgage holiday
- Is now the time to invest?
- Coronavirus and travel insurance
- Sending money abroad during coronavirus
- Can I get life insurance?
- Income protection cover
Where can I buy essential supplies online?
The coronavirus has made it necessary (but sometimes difficult) to purchase some newly-essential items, like face masks. These guides can help you decide what to buy and where to buy it.
How can I support my business?
Latest coronavirus guides and updates
Planning a holiday but keen to read up on the specifics? Our travel team reveal all you need to know about jetting off during the coronavirus pandemic.Read more…
Find out where to buy cloth, cotton and fabric face masks online from the UK. Shop 100% cotton face coveringsRead more…
Protect yourself and the environment with a reusable face mask from one of these great stores.Read more…
Face mask news and where to buy during COVID-19. Find in-stock sellers, how to make them, wear them and more.Read more…
The Scottish government will make the wearing of face coverings compulsory in all shops from 10 July.Read more…
Many Brits are saving more than ever during lockdown, so is now a good time to pay off your existing debts?Read more…
People in England must wear a mask on public transport from Monday, 15 June, or face a fine.Read more…
The high-street bank becomes the 18th accredited lender under the government’s small business loan scheme.Read more…
Key coronavirus resources and official guides
There’s a lot of misinformation floating around about coronavirus and its impact on the world. The following links will keep you up to date using sources you can trust:
- StepChange: The debt charity offers a Covid Payment Plan to help those who are struggling with debt because of the pandemic.
- World Health Organization (WHO) advice page: Find basic protective measures against coronavirus.
- World Health Organization (WHO) FAQs: Find frequently asked questions about COVID-19, answered by the WHO’s health experts.
- World Health Organization (WHO) travel advice: Find the WHO’s current advice on international travel.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) situation reports: Find situation reports on COVID-19, updated daily.
- World Health Organization (WHO) myth busters: Find common misconceptions about COVID-19, dispelled by health experts.
- UK government response to coronavirus (COVID-19): The government’s hub for coronavirus resources.
- NHS coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines: The National Health Service’s hub for coronavirus information and advice.
Read more on this topic
Where to buy infrared thermometers online
Non-contact infrared thermometers are the safest way to check your temperature.
Are Brits going to be travelling post-lockdown?
We’ve done some research to see if the British public are still keen on travelling abroad and whether any countries will be avoided.
Are Brits using their savings during the lockdown?
Over a third of Brits have had to dip into their savings pots during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The biggest charities in the UK
The coronavirus pandemic has seen waves of fundraising, but which fundraisers and crises have Brits donated the most money to?
Coronavirus: Public in England told to cover face on transport and in shops
UK government issues advice to wear a mask when shopping or travelling, as lockdown eases.
Should you take a mortgage holiday?
Lenders across the board are offering coronavirus mortgage holidays to those who are facing financial hardship, but is it worth it?
How to make a face mask at home
We take a look at the issues around using a homemade mask and where you can find a reputable DIY method.
Coronavirus lockdown savings
How much are Brits saving because of the coronavirus lockdown?
Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s where to get help
There are ways to get financial support if you’ve lost your job or are suddenly out of work. We’ve rounded up some key resources here.
Coronavirus stock market crash: What happens next?
The global pandemic continues to cause huge disruptions to all types of industry, but which stocks are going to be the hardest hit and which ones should you keep an eye on?