Earn 20,000 bonus points and get 50% extra value when you redeem your points for airline rewards.
- Get this card if … you want a rewards card with no annual fee.
- Pick something else if … you want to pay no foreign transaction fees or need a better points-to-dollar ratio.
- Good to excellent credit score of 690 to 850 recommended.
The Visa Signature Card from Wells Fargo deserves your attention if you’re looking for a no-annual-fee card that comes with rewards. You’ll get a signup bonus of 20,000 points if you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first three months. You’ll earn 5x points across multiple categories for the first six months, and 1x points on all purchases thereafter.
You can redeem your points for travel, cash back, gift cards, merchandise and more. You’ll certainly save money with the card’s 0% intro APR offer for purchases and balance transfers for the first year. If you’re looking to use this card overseas, you may want to look elsewhere — there’s a 3% fee for foreign transactions.
The nuts and bolts
|Product name||Visa Signature Card|
|Issuing Bank||Wells Fargo|
|Recommended credit score range||690–850 (good to excellent)|
|Signup bonus||20,000 bonus points if you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months|
|Purchase APR||13.15%–26.99% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR||0% for 12 months, 13.15%–26.99% variable thereafter|
|Intro balance transfer APR||0% for 12 months, 13.15%–26.99% variable thereafter|
|Balance transfer fee|
|Foreign transaction fee||3% of each transaction in US dollars|
|Cash advance rate||24.99%–26.99% variable|
|Cash advance fee||$10 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||Up to $37|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $37|
|Overlimit fee||$12.50 if the total overdraft protection advance for the day is $50 or less; $20 if the total overdraft protection advance for the day exceeds $50.|
|Maximum credit limit||None|
|Minimum interest charge||$1.00|
- Signup bonus. Spend $1,000 in the first three months from account opening and earn 20,000 bonus points.
- Earn points. Earn 5x points on grocery, gas and drugstore purchases for the first six months. All other purchases come with 1x points. You’ll earn points faster when you shop at the Wells Fargo Earn More Mall.
- Extra value for your points. You’ll get 50% more value for your points when you redeem them for airline rewards. For example,